Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    -A&M Consolidated HS (College Station, Tx) WR Derrick has been offered. Is a former teammate of '14 WR commit Kerry Thomas.

-Sachse HS (Sachse, Tx) RB Devine Ozigbo will be at the 4/26 Spring Game at the Alamodome. He recently picked up a Wisconsin offer to add to his long list of offers.

Post Count
    Wonder if incoming freshman blake bogenshutz will make any noise once he arrives..

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Another update on the Copperas Cove guys, who are two of the better prospects UTSA is after...

QB Manny Harris, per Rivals:

"Lately, talks have picked up with Baylor and Texas, and also Houston. And Duke, New Mexico State, and Akron have been showing interest... Right now I'm just waiting to see what offers I get and then I'll really start seeing how interested certain schools are in me. But UTSA, Baylor, UT, and Houston are all schools that I'm interested in learning more about."

DE Tyrell Thompson
    , per Rivals:

"Officially offered by UTSA today (Thursday)."… "Tomorrow Coach Coker will be seeing me about it."… When I asked where UTSA stands, "Definitely number 1 right now."

Don't expect a decision anytime soon though. Thompson says he wont make a decision till the beginning of February. Thompson will be at UTSA's spring game on the 26th.
    Other schools after Thompson are Texas, Texas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, LSU, Florida, South Carolina, and Mizzou.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Just my opinion on Carter. From the couple of practices and limited playing time I've seen of him, he doesn't do it for me. Not sure if we have the personnel to do well with an immobile pocket passer especially against some of the better teams on the schedule. Hearing Coker call out the offense reinforces those worries but then again it could just be coach talk.

Hope I am proven wrong obviously and tbf reading stuff like this recently is encouraging (per Scout):

Tucker Carter continued to impress with his arm strength and passing abilities. Today’s weather was the first non-windy we’ve been able to watch for quite some time and Carter took advantage throwing a ton of deep balls that hit various WRs in stride. There were at least a half a dozen balls in one on one drills between WRs and DBs that Carter threw right on the money. These were passes 35 yards + into the endzone for scores. We also saw some good action in seven on seven drills.
    Carter looked good at today's open practice. 12-17, 247 yds, 3 TDs and no INTs. Touchdown strikes were 42 yds, 36 yds and 24 yds.

Post Count
    Carter looked good at today's open practice. 12-17, 247 yds, 3 TDs and no INTs. Touchdown strikes were 42 yds, 36 yds and 24 yds.

UTSA is going to need a running game more than ever this season.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Jarveon Williams, yavo. Keep an eye on him--jersey #2.

Out of Judson played as a true freshman. His workload will increase with Okotcha gone and Coker being in love with him. The line also returns all five starters (four seniors) so I'm fully expecting Jarveon to breakout.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    4/12 Open Scrimmage

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Courtesy of UTSA:
    UTSA Football Scrimmage Statistics
    Saturday, April 12, 2014
    Ranger Stadium (Smithson Valley High School)

Scoring Summary (Plays-Yards)
    · Tucker Carter 42-yard pass to Aaron Grubb (Sean Ianno kick) — 3-65
    · Aaron Grubb 7-yard rush (Ianno kick) — 5-51
    · Ianno 35-yard field goal — 8-65
    · Carter 36-yard pass to Brandon Armstrong (Ianno kick) — 1-36
    · Carter 23-yard pass to Brandon Freeman (Ianno kick) — 7-60
    · Ianno 55-yard field goal — 7-65
    · Ianno 27-yard field goal — 9-65
    · Ianno 53-yard field goal — 7-65

Rushing (Att-Yds-TD): Robinson 8-62-0; Williams 6-32-0; Glasco 7-25-0; Armstrong 4-11-0; A.Grubb 1-7-1; Coleman 2-6-0; Carter 5-1-0; Bias 2-(-10)-0.

Passing (Comp-Att-Yds-TD-INT): Carter 12-17-247-3-0; Robinson 10-21-52-0-2.

Receiving (Rec-Yds-TD): Bias 2-75-0; Freeman 4-71-1; A.Grubb 1-42-1; Armstrong 2-31-1; Holmes 2-28-0; S.Grubb 4-23-0; Monroe 4-14-0; Hesler 1-7-0; Clay 1-4-0; Harrison 1-4-0.

Tackles: Brooks 6; Miller 6; Lizcano 4; O'Neal 4; Terry 4; Baker 3; Blow 3; Broussard 3; Dahlquist 3; Jeters 3; Neill 3; Sanchez 3; Ubabuike 3; Wheeler 3; Burge 2; Douglas 2; Egwuagu 2; Johnston 2; Lee Jr. 2; Rogers 2; Wade 2; Adams 1; Bailey 1; Eddins 1; Henricks 1; Macon 1; Singletary 1; Starling 1; Watkins 1.

Sacks (No-Yards): Brooks 2-12; Neill 1-5.

Interceptions: Broussard 1; Dahlquist 1.

Pass Breakups: Miller 2; Adams 1; Macon 1; Starling 1

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    4/12 Open Scrimmage

Last edited by FkLA; 04-16-2014 at 10:43 PM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Third non-Saturday national TV game confirmed. Season opener @Houston officially moved to Friday Aug 29.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    UTSA target D'Vonta Hinton has committed to Texas Tech.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    4/16 Practice

Some thoughts on the backfield and the secondary, from Scout:

- Starting QB Tucker Carter had another sharp practice as he hit multiple receivers in stride. We’re seeing UTSA take more and more shots down the field (20 yards+), and Carter is starting to build that timing with the speed guys. On one 30 yard pass, Carter just missed WR Kenny Harrison but then came back and nailed WR Brandon Freeman with a long ball. Also to note with Carter, he had a few accurate throws today on the run. Overall the passing game was sharp.

- RBs David Glasco II and Jarveon Williams saw a bunch of action today. Both really didn’t have any spectacular moments but both were efficient and ran hard. One thing to note is that we are seeing more formations that include both Glasco and Williams in the backfield.

-
    With the exception of a few vertical plays by WRs Kenny Bias and Kenny Harrison, the secondary again had a good day of practice. Safety Triston Wade intercepted a ball during a two-minute drill and generally, the DBs were very tight with their coverage.

Post Count
    Good to see Carter picking it up cause the QB position for UTSA was the biggest question mark for the coming season in my opinion. Keep all the insider info coming fkla, much appreciated..

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    -UTSA offer Keivon Ramsey has committed to UT.

-UTSA offer Tony Nicholson has named his Top 5--Arizona State, Duke, Baylor, Kansas State and Ole Miss in that order.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Update on the #1 and #2 QBs on UTSA's board (IMO), per Rivals...

Another update on the Copperas Cove guys, who are two of the better prospects UTSA is after...

QB Manny Harris, per Rivals:

"Lately, talks have picked up with Baylor and Texas, and also Houston. And Duke, New Mexico State, and Akron have been showing interest... Right now I'm just waiting to see what offers I get and then I'll really start seeing how interested certain schools are in me. But UTSA, Baylor, UT, and Houston are all schools that I'm interested in learning more about."
    "The UTSA visit went really well. I sat in on the meetings and learned about the offense. And I watched their practice, which I really enjoyed! UTSA is a great team and a great program that just started. But I'm going to take my time with this and I'm going to enjoy the recruiting process… I went to Houston last Friday (5/11) and I'm going to Texas this Saturday (5/19). I'll also be at UTSA's spring game."

It's all a waiting game with Harris right now. He's flirting with some big programs. But if those don't pull the trigger on him, UTSA is in a great spot to land him if things shake out the way they need them to.

QB Da'Shawn Key-Brennan HS (San Antonio, Tx), per Scout:

"I talked to Coach Coker and Coach Brown. They were pretty cool. I really like the coaches. They were real down to earth, laid back, it was easy to have a conversation. I enjoy talking to them. They like me as a Dual Threat Quarterback," ... "The campus is pretty big, but what surprised me is that Coach Brown told me they're a balanced run/pass, 50-50. I really liked it a lot. I haven't decided yet, but it's definitely one of the serious options I'm considering," said Key.

The 'Runners are his first offer, but schools such as BYU, Arkansas, and SMU have shown solid interest.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/137869...ghts/132828375
    "I've been hearing from UTSA, Tulsa, and Texas State. And I've visited Texas State and UTSA. Most recently, I talked to Texas State and they said they liked my video and how I play… Tulsa is looking at me for safety. But right now, I don't have a favorite, I'm still taking it all in."

Depending on what other quarterbacks commit to UTSA, it would be interesting to see if UTSA would still want Key as a QB. He's a great athlete that could play a few different positions.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Update on RB Devine Ozigbio, per Rivals:

"The recruiting has been picking up - especially last week when I doubled my offer total (Boise St, Colorado St, Iowa, Miami, San Diego St, Tulsa, UTAH, Wake Forest, Wisconsin, UTSA)… I just talked to the UTSA coaches on Tuesday (coach Roark, coach Gutierrez, & coach Brown). They talked about the spring game, and I plan on going to it… I don't have any favorite schools right now. I just need to make more visits before narrowing it down."

Given how many offers he has, getting Ozigbo on campus for the spring game is big. If everything goes well, UTSA could move into a "favorite" position when Ozigbo begins to narrow down his choices.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Last edited by FkLA; 04-23-2014 at 11:18 PM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Good to see Carter picking it up cause the QB position for UTSA was the biggest question mark for the coming season in my opinion. Keep all the insider info coming fkla, much appreciated..
    It's definitely nice to see nothing but good things being said about him. Really looking forward to see how he does in the Spring Game.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Third non-Saturday national TV game confirmed. Season opener @Houston officially moved to Friday Aug 29.
    Well, we have to take what national exposure we can get. Sucks for the out of town season ticket holders though.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    North Shore HS (Houston, Tx) CB Darius Mouton has been offered. Also holds offers from Colorado, Colorado State, Nevada and Utah.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1398351/darius-mouton

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Commit #1

WR Furquan Shorts
    6-2, 190 lbs
    Atascocita High School
    Humble, Texas
    Might want to keep an eye on Shorts, quotes per Rivals:

"I've been talking to BYU, UTAH, La Tech, Texas A&M and LSU coaches. UTAH said they should have an offer for me in the spring. And BYU just came by and said they would likely offer when they come back to watch soon… But that won't change anything with UTSA."

As of right now, Shorts is still sticking with UTSA. But like many recruits, he continues to get excited with new interest from other schools.

If A&M or LSU come into the picture it's game over for UTSA.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    New Boston HS (New Boston, Tx) ATH Jeff Gladney has been offered. Supposedly being looked at as a defensive back (most likely corner) by the staff. Also holds an offer from Northern Illinois. Quotes per Rivals:

"One of my coaches told me about the offer and then I came into contact with some UTSA coaches and was told by them as well...I can't make it to UTSA's spring game because I have prom... Right now, I'm still gaining more information about UTSA but my options are open... I do not have any favorites at the moment and I'll make a commitment decision whenever the time is right."

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1398351/highlights/111060379

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    4/23

Some bits from Scout's practice report:

-
    UTSA held a non-contact practice on Wednesday. For about an hour, players ran through various situations and scenarios in a scrimmage-like setting. It was a non-contact practice with players not in full pads but in s s.

- QB Tucker Carter again showed his consistency running the first team offense at a brisk pace. Many of the routes were intermediate today but he connected several times with both WRs Kenny Harrison and Marcellus Mack. Harrison and Mack have emerged as Carter’s favorite targets.

.- The three-headed monster at RB continued today with a heavy dose of David Glasco and Jarveon Williams, with some Brandon Armstrong being sprinkled in. In the first dozen or so plays in a quasi-scrimmage, which Offensive Coordinator Kevin Brown later said was scripted, each of the three RBs touched the ball with Glasco and Williams seeing multiple looks.

- WR Kam Jones (concussion) fully returned to practice and was included during various parts of practice.

- Saturday will be UTSA’s fourth spring game. It is at 1 pm at the Alamodome
    - The spring game will be offense vs defense and will be four 12-minute quarters with normal clock rules. There will be 10-minute halftime.

- The scoring for the spring game will be as follows:

Offense — touchdown=6; field goal=3; two-point conversion=2; extra point=1; first down=1
    Defense — touchdown=6; takeaway/safety=5 (trumps a stop); stop (drive with no points)=3; two-point conversion=2; extra point=1

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Players that will be in attendance for the 4/26 Spring Game, per Rivals:

Attending

ATH

• Jeffery Okudah - '17 S. Grand Prairie
    • Billy McCrary III - '15 Rouse (UTSA offer)
    • Jeremy Wilson - '15 John Tyler
    • Nick Cain - '15 John Tyler
    • Darrance James - '15 Gonzales
    • Brayden Beard - '15 Fredricksburg

QB

RB

WR

• Dale Williamson - '15 Texarkana
    • Kerry Thomas - '14 A&M Consolidated (UTSA signee)

TE

OL

DE

DT

LB

CB

S

P/K

Invited - Can't attend or Not sure if attending

• Quan Shorts - '15 WR Atascocita (has track)
    • Marlon Lewis - '15 ATH New Caney Porter
    • Luke Mayock - '15 WR Clements (visited practice last week instead)
    • Darius Mouton - '15 CB North Shore, holds offer (prom)
    • Erik McCoy - '15 OT Lufkin (basketball tourney)
    • Bryce Balous - '15 CB McKinney North (track)
    • Baylen Baker - '15 DE Wylie (track

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Inaugural awards banquet Friday (4/25) at the Alamodome:

Offensive Most Valuable Player
    Eric Soza, Sr., QB
    Connected on 236-of-377 passes for 2,719 yards, including a program-record 316 against Houston, and 12 touchdowns in addition to rushing for 369 yards and seven more scores on 97 carries. A member of both the Manning Award and inaugural Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award preseason watch lists and finished his career with 19 wins in three seasons as the squad's starting quarterback.

Defensive Most Valuable Player

Triston Wade, Jr., S
    Followed his first-team All-WAC campaign with a team-leading 94 tackles and two interceptions to go along with seven pass breakups and two-and-a-half tackles behind the line of scrimmage. A starter in all 12 contests last fall, both of his picks came at Tulsa and he returned one of them 82 yards for a touchdown.

Special Teams Most Valuable Player

Jesse Medrano, Jr., DS
    Helped the Roadrunners connect on all 38 of their extra-point attempts and another 11 field goals in addition to setting up their 39.2 punting average. Also added three special teams tackles.

Senior Class Recognition

Cody Berry, S (Cedar Hill, Texas)
    Brandon Guerrero, LB (Lake Elsinore, Calif.)
    Jarron Harris, DE (Leander, Texas)
    Steven Kurfehs, LB (San Antonio, Texas)
    Jeremiah Moeller, TE (New Braunfels, Texas)
    Evans Okotcha, RB (Coppell, Texas)
    Will Ritter, DE (Odessa, Texas)
    John Simmons, WR (New Braunfels, Texas)
    CheRod Simpson, RB (Oakland, Calif.)
    Eric Soza, QB (Beeville, Texas)

there's a couple more awards and pics in the link
    http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.db...B_OEM_ID=13100

Thread Information