Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    That's some solid recognition. I think as long as the staff everywhere within the administration and athletic department is kept intact, then a future AAC invitation is very likely.
    AAC is would make sense, but UTSA needs to improve its facilities.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Replacing the Convo and improving the basketball team is the biggest hurdle since the AAC is a good bball conference.

The Alamodome is a good enough venue to call home for the next 2-3 decades and the Park West Athletic Complex will take care of olympic sports+football facilities.

Post Count
    Replacing the Convo and improving the basketball team is the biggest hurdle since the AAC is a good bball conference.

The Alamodome is a good enough venue to call home for the next 2-3 decades and the Park West Athletic Complex will take care of olympic sports+football facilities.
    Yeah, I agree. They've already improved many of them. The weight room is still pretty "make-shift" though, I think.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Yeah, its pretty small and obvious that it wasn't meant to be a weight room. I'm pretty sure a weight room is part of the plan for Park West. The equipment was recently upgraded though so atleast that is on par with other mid-majors:

Post Count
    Yeah, its pretty small and obvious that it wasn't meant to be a weight room. I'm pretty sure a weight room is part of the plan for Park West. The equipment was recently upgraded though so atleast that is on par with other mid-majors:

They did a good job with what they have though.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Came in at #60 for on Paul Myberg's USA Today countdown:

You have to learn how to crawl before you can walk, unless you're UTSA – in which case you skip crawling, walking, potty training, remedial spelling and cursive, opting instead for hitting the ground running at a pace beyond even the Roadrunners' wildest expectations.

A monster has been born on the Riverwalk: UTSA is so good, so fast that it nearly defies logical explanation.

As if San Antonio needed another monster. But unlike those other guys – you know, Duncan and the gang – UTSA is all local, totally inexperienced, flying by the seat of its pants, taking it a game at a time and seemingly unaware of just how ridiculous this whole thing has become. One similarity: UTSA is brimming with confidence. Another: UTSA is really good.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...=17satiow6e4m2

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    QB Manny Harris-Copperas Cove (Copperas Cove, Tx), per Rivals:

"The Junior Day went pretty well. The coaches really like me and I really like them. UTSA had a nice campus and nice facilities. And they are the first school to offer, so that's great as well." ...
    "The coaches said they really liked my play on the field and they they want me to be around as much as possible at camps and for visits. And they really want me to be a Roadrunner! But before I decide, I want to watch the spring game and get to San Antonio in the summer to get a better idea on whether it's a place that I see myself being at for the next 4-5 years. But UTSA is up there right now for me, and I like the way they are building their football program." - Harris

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1376215/manny-harris
    Committed 5/4/14. Also held an offer from Texas State.

QB Jaylon Henderson-Kingwood Park HS (Kingwood, Tx)
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2096838/jaylon-henderson
    Committed 6/17/14. Also held a New Mexico offer+some FCS offers.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Update on OL Clayton Woods from earlier today, per Rivals:

"I took an unofficial visit to UTSA this weekend and watched the team practice on Friday and Saturday. I had a great time and met a lot of the players." ... "I talked with the coaches a lot and they seem to really like me and want a center. And I have a pretty good relationship with Coach Coker, Coach Brown (OC) and Coach Roark." ... "They may not have the facilities and things other schools have but that will change in the near future. But the coaches and players have a special bond unlike any other place and that makes me think there are going to be big things happening in San Antonio for years to come."

Along with UTSA and North Texas, Woods mentioned that Rice, SMU, and Northwestern were also showing interest with Northwestern showing the most behind UTSA (though, no offer yet).

Though things are going well between Woods and UTSA, he added he would not be making a decision anytime soon. But laying solid groundwork now could pay dividends for UTSA down the road.

These are the kind of guys we need to consistently lock-up. As long as we outrecruit other C-USA schools we'll be allright. If Northwestern doesn't offer UTSA should be in good shape to land Woods imo.

Committed 6/27/14. Also held offers from New Mexico, North Texas, UConn and Texas State.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/828487/clayton-woods

S Andrew Martel-Foster HS (Richmond, Tx), per Scout:

“Coach Eliano pulled me aside when I first walked in and told me that Coach Coker was going to offer me. A few minutes later, Coach Coker told me that they had a scholarship for me. T
    hey did a great job. They were very proud of what they had to offer,” said Martel. ... “I like the coaches a lot, the campus is really nice,” said Martel. "The players sounded like they what they’ve done there and are looking to improve some more. But right now I don't have a timetable for making a decision."
    First and only defensive commit so far, committed 6/28/14.

Also held offers from Iowa State, Nevada, North Texas, UL-Lafayette and from the three service academies.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3292952/andy-martel

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    -A&M Consolidated HS (College Station, Tx) WR Derrick has been offered. Is a former teammate of '14 WR commit Kerry Thomas.
    Committed 5/5/14. Also holds offers from New Mexico State and Southern Miss.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1407356/derrick-

Post Count
    Coker is putting together a respectable 2015 class for C-USA compe ion.

Post Count
    Thx for the updates

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Forgot the local kid Peyton Hall from Brandeis HS. Held offers from Northwestern, Oregon State and Texas State.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2691370/peyton-hall

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Thanks for the updates. Hope to see them continue.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Came in at #60 for on Paul Myberg's USA Today countdown:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...=17satiow6e4m2

Post Count
    #60 isn't bad for such a young program.

Post Count
    Coker is putting together a respectable 2015 class for C-USA compe ion.
    Very respectable! UTSA is very fortunate to have a coach of the caliber as Larry Coker.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    2014 C-USA FOOTBALL COACHES PRESEASON AWARDS

Offensive Player of the Year

Rakeem Cato, Sr., QB, Marshall

Defensive Player of the Year
    James Rouse, Sr., DL, Marshall

Special Teams Player of the Year
    Hunter Mullins, Sr., P, UAB

First Team Offense
    QB Rakeem Cato, Sr., Marshall
    RB Kenneth Dixon, Jr., Louisiana Tech
    RB Aaron Jones, So., UTEP
    OL Scott Inskeep, Sr., UTSA
    OL Chris Jasperse, Sr., Marshall
    OL Cyril Lemon, Sr., North Texas
    OL Clint Van Horn, Jr., Marshall
    OL Mason Y'Barbo, Sr., North Texas
    WR Jamarcus Nelson, Sr., UAB
    WR Tommy Shuler, Sr., Marshall
    WR Jordan Taylor., Sr., Rice
    TE Eric Tomlinson, Sr., UTEP

First Team Defense
    DL Vernon Butler, Jr., Louisiana Tech
    DL Christian Covington, Jr., Rice
    DL Ra'Shawde Myers, Sr., Marshall
    DL James Rouse, Sr., Marshall
    LB T.T. Barber, Sr., Middle Tennessee
    LB Evan McKelvey, Sr., Marshall
    LB Andrae Kirk, Jr., Florida Atlantic
    DB Kevin Byard, Jr., Middle Tennessee
    DB Bryce Callahan, Sr., Rice
    DB D'Joun Smith, Sr., Florida Atlantic
    DB Triston Wade, Sr., UTSA

First Team Special Teams
    K
    Sean Ianno, Sr., UTSA
    P Hunter Mullins, Sr., UAB
    KR Autrey Golden, Jr., UTEP
    PR Kenny Harrison, Sr., UTSA
    LS Jesse Medrano, Sr., UTSA

PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH

EAST DIVISION Pts
    1. Marshall 91
    2. Middle Tennessee 73
    3. Florida Atlantic 60
    4. WKU 57
    5. Old Dominion 33
    6. UAB 31
    7. FIU 19

WEST DIVISION Pts
    1. North Texas 66
    2. Rice 65
    3. UTSA 62
    4. Louisiana Tech 38
    5. Southern Miss 24
    6. UTEP 18
    http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/...071614aaf.html

Still see no reason why UNT would be ranked ahead of us on paper, although the coaches picked UTSA to finish dead last last season so the perception of the program has changed regardless.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

HOUSTON —
    Scott Inskeep and Robert Singletary were named to the Rotary Lombardi Award preseason watch list, the Lombardi Award committee announced on Monday.

The award is presented annually to the nation's top interior lineman. That includes down linemen end-to-end, either on offense or defense, who set up no farther than 10 yards to the left or right of the ball, or linebackers that set up no farther than five yards deep from the line of scrimmage.

Inskeep, a senior offensive guard, is coming off a 2013 campaign that saw him record 61 knockdown blocks, including a season-best nine at Tulsa (Nov. 9) and again a week later against Tulane, and that was good for second on the squad. The 6-foot-4, 300-pounder from McAllen also graded out at 82 percent and was a key part of an offensive line that did not commit a holding penalty en route to second-team All-Conference USA accolades. His blocking helped the UTSA offense average 25.6 points, 417.8 total yards (175.4 rush/242.4 pass), 21.9 first downs and 32:24 possession time per contest. It marks the second consecutive season that Inskeep was named to the Lombardi Award's preseason watch list.

Meanwhile, Singletary, a 6-foot-2, 250-pound senior defensive end from Kingwood, was named a 2013 honorable mention all-league performer after racking up 30 tackles, a team-leading five sacks and two forced fumbles, four QB hurries and a pair of pass breakups and in just eight games (six starts) in his first campaign as a Roadrunner. His top outing came in his second contest of the season at Marshall when he recorded career highs with seven stops and two sacks in addition to forcing a fumble that led to points.

http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=315549&SPID=34919&DB_LANG=C &ATCLID=209575038&DB_OEM_ID=13100

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — Triston Wade was one of 39 players that were named to the Jim Thorpe Award's preseason watch list on Friday. The award is presented annually to the nation's top defensive back.

Wade is coming off another all-conference season for the Roadrunners. The 5-foot-11, 170-pound free safety followed up his 2012 first-team All-Western Athletic Conference campaign with a team-leading 94 tackles and two interceptions to go along with seven pass breakups and two-and-a-half tackles behind the line of scrimmage in 12 starts and he was rewarded with second-team All-Conference USA recognition. The senior from Tyler intercepted both his passes at Tulsa (Nov. 2), one of which he returned 82 yards for a touchdown, and he also broke up a toss in the end zone to go along with four stops in that contest. Wade recorded a career-high 12 stops at Arizona (Sept. 14) and matched that feat two weeks later against Houston (Sept. 28).

He enters his final season as the program’s all-time leader in interceptions (8), pass breakups (21), forced fumbles (7) and fumble recoveries (4) and stands second in tackles (207). Wade has had a hand in a total of 15 turnovers (eight INTs/seven fumbles) in the first 34 games of his career.

http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=315549&SPID=34919&DB_LANG=C &ATCLID=209576999&DB_OEM_ID=13100

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    UTSA will have two games broadcast on the newly-created American Sports Network. American Sports Network (ASN), will air locally on a Sinclair Broadcast Group affiliate. The two games are home contests against New Mexico (Oct. 4) and UTEP (Oct. 25).

Post Count
    Wade really came out of nowhere to be really good.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    UTSA will have two games broadcast on the newly-created American Sports Network. American Sports Network (ASN), will air locally on a Sinclair Broadcast Group affiliate. The two games are home contests against New Mexico (Oct. 4) and UTEP (Oct. 25).
    UTSA on KBVO!

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Any exposure is good exposure...

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Pearland HS CB Jacolbie Butler (Pearland, Tx) committed at the 7/17 UTSA camp . Plays RB for his high school but will play corner at UTSA.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1286371/jacolbie-butler

Wylie HS DE Baylen Baker (Abilene, Tx) also committed at the 7/17 camp. Also held an offer from New Mexico State.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

C-USA Media day was today, the UTSA interview starts at around 4:33:00 ...

http://www.conferenceusa.com/allaccess/?media=456272

Thread Information