Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC and Houston are tremendous opponents. Those teams just make a livin at the free throw line and the refs are all too happy to oblige. Yeah the Spurs shoot well from the stripe but they don't get paraded there by the zebras.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis will get hot and get the 8th seed, phoenix will falter and lose out this season, Dallas will get the 7th seed and that will he the spurs matchup. Memphis will upset Okc in 7 as they are just a bad matchup for Okc. Spurs beat Dallas, we will face golden state and long story short we end up playing either clippers or Memphis in the WCF.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Would anyone be surprised if Houston loses in the first round? I wouldn't, especially not to Golden State. The Warriors are their worst matchup. Dallas is probably one legit bigman short of being able to beat them. Memphis doesn't have the offense, and the Suns don't have the defense. Don't know who'd win if they played Portland.

I disagree, Hoop. The Rockets are just a bad matchup. Or at least they were earlier in the season. At best for Houston, Duncan versus Howard is a draw. Jones has the ability to be an X-factor, but he'll have to get mad lucky shooting. The Rockets win on the wings, but if Leonard continues to excel on offense, it will be a lot closer than Houston needs it to be. Parker versus Beverly may be comical, since Patrick is extremely overrated defensively. Lin, Asik and whomever versus Manu, Beli/Mills and Splitter comes out well if everyone stays healthy.

In short, the Rockets can win if they shooting above their heads. But the Spurs haven't peaked yet and still look like a buzzsaw. If the Spurs have home court, they could well sweep Houston, since I think they'll give up if they go down 2-0.
    The warriors and portland are our easiest matchips.

LAC, Memphis, OKC are our worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The warriors and portland are our easiest matchips.

LAC, Memphis, OKC are our worst.
    Golden State is a terrible matchup for Houston if healthy. They have two two-way wings, great shooting, a strong scoring big and the ability to go small in two distinct ways. The Rockets' biggest weakness is defense in the middle positions, and their biggest strength is their perimeter offense. If Bogut/Howard isn't lopsided in Houston's favor, it'd be hard to see them winning.

The Clippers suck. They're nobody's worst matchup. OKC is everyone's hardest opponent. Memphis aren't a legit threat to anyone if they can't score. The Spurs ran circles arounf their defense last year, and Houston has a good enough front-court rotation to not get destroyed inside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , right now, there is nothing easy in the playoffs in the West.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people saying they want to play Portland? Portland has had our number for the last few years! They are this Spurs generation of the Milwaukee Bucks. We are 7-12 against them since the 2008-2009 season! I think our three worst matchups are Portland, OKC and Houston. The Clippers the last few years have not been a threat to the Spurs but they are definitely an improved team with an improved coach, improved players, and new acquisitions. JJ Red would be the key for the Clippers beating us with his 3-point prowess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people saying they want to play Portland? Portland has had our number for the last few years! They are this Spurs generation of the Milwaukee Bucks. We are 7-12 against them since the 2008-2009 season! I think our three worst matchups are Portland, OKC and Houston. The Clippers the last few years have not been a threat to the Spurs but they are definitely an improved team with an improved coach, improved players, and new acquisitions. JJ Red would be the key for the Clippers beating us with his 3-point prowess.
    Portland has been struggling and they are pretty much playoff virgins. Like GS last year. They looked good for a series, but when they play an experienced team, such as the Spurs, they will falter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indiana Pacers

(struggling since start of 2014)

25-5 In 2013 (.833)

21-11 In 2014 (.656)

7-6
    (.538) Last 13 games

San Antonio Spurs

(improving since start of 2014)

25-7 (.781) In 2013

21-9 (.700) In 2014

10-3 (.769) in last 13 Games

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They always seem to play better against the Spurs. And lets not forget, our lone win against them was without Aldridge. But let's hope what you believe is true...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets will be a very tough matchup for the Spurs because they just can't seem to guard Harden. Howard is a beast defensively and his long FT practices have got him better at it. Won't be easy at all.

My wishful playoff road for the Spurs would be - vs 8) Mavericks; vs 4) LAC; and then whoever they get in the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All bull and trolling aside...

I really don't see how the Spurs lose to any of these teams other than OKC. Houston has our number (Harden in particular), but I just think the Spurs would be more consistent than them in a playoff series. They are playing great right now, but they come out lazy a lot and tend to give up big leads. I think if Duncan got going, we would beat them in 6. Plus Dwight tends to get frustrated when he plays us (Duncan).

The Clips show signs of greatness, but I think we are just a bad match for them. Griffin puts up great stats, but it's almost like a Kevin Love type performance. He doesn't do much in crunch time. Crawford would give us problems, and I don't know how Granger and Big Baby match against us, but I really don't think Doc has made the type of impact everyone else expected him (which I called).

I personally think Doc is overrated. Didn't he have the worst record before the big 3 joined the Celtics? I'm pretty sure he wen't like 21-61 with Antonie Walker and Pierce. Not saying he's horrible - just overrated.

And of course OKC presents bad matches for us. But I think it's funny for people to say we can't beat them. Kawhi was out in two of those games, and we are clearly are not the same team without him (8-7). I think it's 50-50 with OKC, not to mention OKC has been looking really sketchy now that Westbrook is back. He has been playing alright, but 2-4 record is starting to seem less and less like a "get Westbrook back into the swing of things" thing. They will probably turn it up towards the end of the year. I'm just hoping GS/LAC/HOU knock them out while Sefalosha and Perks is out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland generally alot at home because teams usually either are ending a road trip there or playing back to backs or travel related cir stances. The Spurs would matchup well against Porland and they are one of the few teams that doesn't go small.

Splitter can be used more and can play alongside Duncan (usually our best tandem). Portland is an elite offense and a mediocre defense,teams like that generally flop in the postseason.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every year it is the same thing. Seedings don't matter, the spurs lost as a number 1, the spurs won't beat any of the top teams if those teams are healthy. The Spurs roster is built for regular season success(their lack of athleticism gets exposed in the playoffs) and Spur fan has been blinded this year by the fact the team needed injuries last year to get to the finals.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC and Houston are tremendous opponents. Those teams just make a livin at the free throw line and the refs are all too happy to oblige. Yeah the Spurs shoot well from the stripe but they don't get paraded there by the zebras.
    Spurs lack athleticism to draw fouls. They are a jump shooting team that camps out on the 3 point line team. Those teams draw fewer fouls. Just watch their offense, little fast break action, guys camping on the 3 point line or throwing it down to Duncan or Parker taking it in for a layup off a set play and that is about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every year it is the same thing. Seedings don't matter, the spurs lost as a number 1, the spurs won't beat any of the top teams if those teams are healthy. The Spurs roster is built for regular season success(their lack of athleticism gets exposed in the playoffs) and Spur fan has been blinded this year by the fact the team needed injuries last year to get to the finals.
    You don't get to the 7th game of the finals on luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't get to the 7th game of the finals on luck.
    He's a closeted Laker fan with a decade long, predictable schtick. The utter failure of his favorite team has him more frustrated than in most seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of match-up speculation going on in here based on regular season games. I want the Spurs to go through Houston AND OKC on the way to the next chip. Houston is NOT an intelligent team. They take horrible, low percentage shots and will fold in the playoffs.

We are built to beat the Thunder. PLEASE let us play them in the playoffs. Throw out what you think you know based on the regular season match-ups, we'd take them in 5 or 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next two games are critical to their chances of getting the #1 seed. A B2B @ the Bulls and then home to play Portland. Over their last 37 games, the Bulls are 25-12 compared to 26-11 for the Spurs. The problems with Portland are well known, and this will be the third time in four games that they play them on the back end of a B2B. At least Portland is also on a B2B this time around.

Win both and a 12-6 finish gets them to 60 wins and a very high probability of a top 2 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs lack athleticism to draw fouls. They are a jump shooting team that camps out on the 3 point line team. Those teams draw fewer fouls. Just watch their offense, little fast break action, guys camping on the 3 point line or throwing it down to Duncan or Parker taking it in for a layup off a set play and that is about it.
    Last night spurs had 30 plus attempts at the stripe, so they're athletic enough to get a whistle. Point I was trying to make is that Harden and Durant make a living at the line. The refs freely whistle fouls for them. TP is grossly under-whistled. I understand the principle that a jump shooter collects fewer FT attempts than a scorer driving in the paint, that's BBall 101.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night spurs had 30 plus attempts at the stripe, so they're athletic enough to get a whistle. Point I was trying to make is that Harden and Durant make a living at the line. The refs freely whistle fouls for them. TP is grossly under-whistled. I understand the principle that a jump shooter collects fewer FT attempts than a scorer driving in the paint, that's BBall 101.
    Fortunately, against the Spurs, neither Durant or Westbrook have been able to get to the line consistently (at least when compared to their season averages). The Refs generally give the BOTD to the Spurs defense.

In 3 games against the Spurs this season

Kevin Durant

9.8 FTA Per Game

5.7 FTA vs. San Antonio

-4.1 FTA

12'-'13 (4 Games Played vs Spurs)

9.3 FTA Per Game

6.8 Vs. San Antonio

-2.5 FTA

Westbrook Vs. Spurs

5.9 FTA season average

3.5 average vs. San Antonio

-2.4 FTA

Westbrook in 4 games last season

7.3 FTA vs San Antonio

+.3 FTA vs Spurs

Some of Parkers inability to get to the line is his doing. He frequently adjusts in midair or uses his speed to beat his defender or his floater before a big can challenge the shot. He's too crafty for his own good sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joakim Noah in full beast mode

9-16 (.563) 12 Rebs., 7 asts., 5 Blks

in win vs Miami

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of Parkers inability to get to the line is his doing. He frequently adjusts in midair or uses his speed to beat his defender or his floater before a big can challenge the shot. He's too crafty for his own good sometimes.
    Nah not really. He shoots 50-52% from the field usually. Look at the high FTA PGs like Westbrook. . .shooting 43% usually. That's the drawback of diving into defenders. You don't get the call, you're gonna miss that . The only prob with it is refs often miss foul calls when Parker does get fouled since they aren't used to giving him the whistle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fortunately, against the Spurs, neither Durant or Westbrook have been able to get to the line consistently (at least when compared to their season averages). The Refs generally give the BOTD to the Spurs defense.

In 3 games against the Spurs this season

Kevin Durant

9.8 FTA Per Game

5.7 FTA vs. San Antonio

-4.1 FTA

12'-'13 (4 Games Played vs Spurs)

9.3 FTA Per Game

6.8 Vs. San Antonio

-2.5 FTA

Westbrook Vs. Spurs

5.9 FTA season average

3.5 average vs. San Antonio

-2.4 FTA

Westbrook in 4 games last season

7.3 FTA vs San Antonio

+.3 FTA vs Spurs

Kind of surprising numbers then. Durant is a great player. 7 FT/gm is still a lot even if it's less than his avg. vs rest of league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meeks with 38 late in the 3rd. Lakers up 7 on OKC.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meeks with 38 late in the 3rd. Lakers up 7 on OKC.
    Yes, a good day for the Spurs...Heat lose to Bulls and looks like OKC is destined to fall to LA. Haven't looked but do Pacers play today?! . The trifecta?

Thread Information