Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    yeah, and once you showed the link i acknowledged it. i was giving stats based on what i had looked up. besides, that doesn't refute that you brag about your UTSA education
    there's no problem with going to school wherever you went... but don't try to brag or act hard about it if its not a great school... or in the top 500
    Show me a post where I pimp it out as some kind of elite uni.

It's an average university. 600 out of thousands, its only a 45 year old ins ution. I'm fine with that tbh.

i brought up guys like vince young and terrelle pryor as guys who's success depends largely on their feet. even you would acknowledge that the thing that makes Johnny Manziel special is the way he uses his feet. i dont think qb's who's success hinges on their feet are necessarily a winning formula. i never said his passing ability was equal to those guys. as for tebow/couch, im making a point that you can't take college stats and extrapolate them to the pros. same with colt brennan, who is actually remarkably similar to manziel when you watch his college footage.
    It's a completely different level of dependence though. I gave you the Megatron/tall scrub example. Sure they both have a dependence on size but obviously Megatron has a lot more in his arsenal. How dumb would it be to ignore that? That's basically what you were doing.

I never said Football will put up similar stats in the pros. I also agreed that putting up stats at a top conference is not a requirement, cited Romo and Flacco as examples. This dude Chinook was trying to say they didn't matter at all though and like you was using a couple of guys to 'prove' it. There's tons of guys that had great stats in college and went on to be great in the NFL as well...so why conveniently ignore them for either of your arguments ?

i brought up the inefficiency thing because you said "his efficiency is lowered because he makes a lot of throws from outside the pocket" to which i responded that im not going to give a guy bonus points because he is purposely making inefficient throws by constantly breaking the pocket
    He was never inefficient though. 1-3% less than the other guys doesn't make him an inefficient QB, much less at the same level as a Kobe Bryant. I also brought up the difference in compe ion which you ignored.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    this is where Tim Couch and Tebow came in. they played the same level of compe ion that manziel did... the conference you play in doesn't matter when it comes to your skillset being transferrable to the NFL. same with the stats. manziel could have thrown for 7000 yards and 70 td's in his last college season. his style of play is not an nfl skillset, as we've seen before and will probably see again.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    prospects, decent to good prospects, and to presume you'll get in the play offs with a rookie qb is a pretty re ed way of thinking. (that happens to be very common)
    A good prospect is a significantly better option than a decent prospect.

I don't think they need to necessarily need to make the playoffs their first year to reengage a fanbase.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    this is where Tim Couch and Tebow came in. they played the same level of compe ion that manziel did... the conference you play in doesn't matter when it comes to your skillset being transferrable to the NFL. same with the stats. manziel could have thrown for 7000 yards and 70 td's in his last college season. his style of play is not an nfl skillset, as we've seen before and will probably see again.
    Playing style is not a skillset, its a style.

He has plenty of NFL caliber skills in his skillset. His arm strength and accuracy--both inside and outside the pocket--are NFL quality. Does he need to reduce the scrambling and make more strides inside the pocket? Absolutely. But he's 21 and made major improvements there from his Freshman year to his Sop re year. We've never seen a running QB with some of the other qualities Football has, so no we havent seen this movie yet.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

He has plenty of NFL caliber skills in his skillset. His arm strength and accuracy--both inside and outside the pocket--are NFL quality. Does he need to reduce the scrambling and make more strides inside the pocket? Absolutely. But he's 21 and made major improvements there from his Freshman year to his Sop re year. We've never seen a running QB with some of the other qualities Football has, so no we havent seen this movie yet.
    Derek Carr is as fast as Manziel, is more athletic by far, is a lot taller and has a far better arm. I don't see how anyone can make a case for Manziel being a better "prospect", if we talk about prospects as such.

U have my perm. to die The Batman's Avatar
    Post Count

Yes we have. Vick had a stronger arm, more accurate, and with more velocity.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Fruitless debate is fruitless. He's not coming to Houston. Beyond the questions about his game translating at the pro level, Manziel is a walking media circus. If Manziel's pro day performance helped him any in Houston's eyes, Nike negated it all by selling his pro day apparel.

O'Brien is not Jerry Jones. There is no way he is going to tolerate any of this in Houston. We are talking about a guy that took down all the individual accomplishments from the locker room when he arrived...and has even issued locker tags with no names, only numbers. Manziel and the attention fest that comes with him goes completely against the foundation that BOB is trying to lay.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Expected. He wasn't looking that receptive towards a pay cut.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Derek Carr is as fast as Manziel, is more athletic by far, is a lot taller and has a far better arm. I don't see how anyone can make a case for Manziel being a better "prospect", if we talk about prospects as such.
    Top end speed is the same, that's it. Quickness is a whole other story. What in the world makes you say he is more athletic by far? A lot taller and a far better arm are huge exaggerations as well.

Carr beat up on a weak MWC. How'd he do in his bowl game against USC? I'm pretty sure that is worrying for GMs.

Yes we have. Vick had a stronger arm, more accurate, and with more velocity.
    Vick was nowhere near as accurate as Football coming into the league. That is a blatant lie tbh.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Also, Keenum, and Manziel played in Sumlin's offense. Kolb also played in a similar offense at UH that had him produce record numbers. Yet Keenum nor Kolb didn't improvise as much as Manziel and we all know why. In a QB friendly system, you still can't stay in the pocket when there's pressure

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he's mayock's #1 qb right now

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    he's mayock's #1 qb right now

Mayock on Gabbert: 'He's the first quarterback off the board'

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/03/nflns-mike-mayock-on-missouri-qb-blaine-gabbert-hes-the-first-quarterback-off-the-board/1#.UzrQW6hdVA0

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

If that pans out, set for the next decade.

I mean it has to be Clowney. Yes, JFF is intriguing, but he isn't the surefire immediate impact player that Clowney is.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Oh a coach said good things about a guy in his pro day?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah the Bachelor and Clowney would be good up front.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I'd love for the Texans to pull a 2008 Dolphins and sign Clowney before the draft even starts.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    They would be foolish to take any of these QB's over Clowney. I admit that I was over emotional about wanting a QB for obvious reasons, but it's pretty clear Clowney is a Watt-level talent.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    I think the Texans might actually draft Manziel, and I'll go on record that they'll regret it if they don't.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Clowney is a freak but how long can you keep him and Watt together? Both of them will need to get paid eventually. Spending big money on an elite DE is normal but doing it on two seems like it would be a stupid decision. Not to mention the fact that a QB's impact on a team trumps the impact of any other position.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Clowney is a freak but how long can you keep him and Watt together? Both of them will need to get paid eventually. Spending big money on an elite DE is normal but doing it on two seems like it would be a stupid decision. Not to mention the fact that a QB's impact on a team trumps the impact of any other position.
    if you can keep those bookends together for 7-8 years... holy

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So basically they shouldn't draft clowney because he'll be too good.. seems legit

Thread Information