Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    For the record, I've always said that if they picked a QB it would be Bortles. I just preferred Bridgewater.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    ing at Bortles all of sudden being the consensus #1 bc he looked impressive playing catch with his WR at Indy and at his Pro Day. None of you gots knew who he was halfway into his senior season. I like him better than Bridgewater but no way should a dude that had one solid season in the AAC be compared to a guy like Football. Speaking of which, I love the reasoning behind my Football's stock 'dropping'... he hasnt played catch yet so hes a second rounder !!
    Johnny Inbred

You should probably watch his stained performances against LSU if you want a preview of him in the NFL

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    For the record, I've always said that if they picked a QB it would be Bortles. I just preferred Bridgewater.
    Yeah Bortles has been talked about here for months

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    no part of his game says "nfl." you cant be an offensive coordinator for the guy. you can't map out an offense if manziel is your quarterback. there is nothing he has done that tells me he can drop back, and throw it with timing. he's gna take off, run around, and try to improvise every play, which has been proven time and time again is not a viable NFL strategy. the dude will be a firecracker, make some amazing plays, but you can't consistently be successful with that sort of style. not in the NFL

Didn't you say Football was the best QB of the bunch not too long ago? Since then nothing has changed other than us finding out that Bortles is pretty good at playing catch. But the experts have inexplicably downgraded Football even though he has literally done nothing, so I guess it's only fair ST does too.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Johnny Inbred

You should probably watch his stained performances against LSU if you want a preview of him in the NFL
    At least 5 receiver drops that game, easily. And I'm sure I could find a bad game for every prospec if I tried tbh.

i dont think we're ever gna trade a pick for a stopgap after the Flynn disaster. reggie would rather sign Freeman than deal for Schaub

I would prefer that. That was actually one of my theories going into this draft. Sign a vet, take a QB in the second and let them battle it out in camp.
    now u want mack @ 1...

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    If we draft JFF it might be the largest wonderlic discrepancy in QB's on the same roster--only outdone by the time Buffalo brought in Vince Young as a camp arm 2-3 years ago

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Looks good on you son.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Didn't you say Football was the best QB of the bunch not too long ago? Since then nothing has changed other than us finding out that Bortles is pretty good at playing catch. But the experts have inexplicably downgraded Football even though he has literally done nothing, so I guess it's only fair ST does too.
    I think football can have the most immediate
    impact like Vince young. When I was depressed about football I said I wanted the raiders to take a gamble with him. Luckily I've put the Kool aid down

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ok now release schaub so we can get our stopgap pls
    Not yet, we must rob you s of a draft pick

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    i hope its for a 6th or worse because i want to keep the le of biggest robbery in FA this season

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i hope its for a 6th or worse because i want to keep the le of biggest robbery in FA this season
    im rooting for you

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    This guy is a bonafide scrub, Chiefsfans are celebrating his departure, tbh....

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Depth signing tbh. He's only getting the minimum.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    I think football can have the most immediate
    impact like Vince young. When I was depressed about football I said I wanted the raiders to take a gamble with him. Luckily I've put the Kool aid down
    Why are you comparing him to Vince in any way? That is idiotic and everyone here knows it. Vick is the the reasonable comparison and last I checked hes had a longer, better career than a load if pocket passers despite running a dog fighting ring on the side. I think Football is more accurate than Vick was too, which is huge.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Why are you comparing him to Vince in any way? That is idiotic and everyone here knows it. Vick is the the reasonable comparison and last I checked hes had a longer, better career than a load if pocket passers despite running a dog fighting ring on the side. I think Football is more accurate than Vick was too, which is huge.
    lol no.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Both of them are reliant on improvising wig their feet as opposed to running a called play

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Both of them are reliant on improvising wig their feet as opposed to running a called play
    And we just ignore the glaring difference between the two in other areas? That's like comparing Megatron to some tall scrub and saying 'well they both rely on size!'.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    And we just ignore the glaring difference between the two in other areas? That's like comparing Megatron to some tall scrub and saying 'well they both rely on size!'.
    Vick had the strongest arm in the league for some time. It's not a fair comparison to Manziel. I'm not going by their size/appearance, but rather by playstyle

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Manziel is TAMU's Vince Young. I dunno how that's even debatable.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ...and just like Vince did, he will sucker some team into taking him early...and once again, I'm glad that team is not going to be Houston.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Vick had the strongest arm in the league for some time. It's not a fair comparison to Manziel. I'm not going by their size/appearance, but rather by playstyle
    I didn't say they were carbon copies of each, Vick had a better arm. Although like I said imo Football is more accurate.

Why is it unfair to compare him to Vick though but completely reasonable to compare him to a dude who's arm was a complete liability?

Manziel is TAMU's Vince Young. I dunno how that's even debatable.
    It takes like a minute to look up their releases and see that Footballs is a lot quicker, fluid and thus more accurate. It is idiotic for a non-casual fan to make that comparison.

Thread Information