Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Fine compare him to Vick if it floats ur boats. That's still a ty investment in the first round

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with it floating my boat and everything to do with using some common sense tbh. To you what makes a good QB investment in the first round ?

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    if jeff garcia took more chances, he would be manziel

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with it floating my boat and everything to do with using some common sense tbh. To you what makes a good QB investment in the first round ?
    A guy who has the potential to be consistent over a long period of time

nothing about Manziel would lead you to believe he will be a consistent player or will last a long time.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    This is basically ST...

Bottles/Bridgewater: Lets bring up the fact that the elite QBs in the league are pocket passers to bolster their stock.

Football: Lets bring up ty to ok QBs that had good wheels to lower his stock.

Nevermind the fact that the ceiling of the the first two is lower than the elite QBs they're being compared to or that Footballs is higher than guys like VY and Garcia. Thank god you dumb s aren't GMs tbh.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Still haven't heard how many running QBs have won SBs.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Still haven't heard how Inbred is going to cope without Evans to catch all his prayer throws, or how he's going to be able to read NFL defenses when he sucks against LSU defenses

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Still haven't heard how Inbred is going to cope without Evans to catch all his prayer throws, or how he's going to be able to read NFL defenses when he sucks against LSU defenses
    He's gonna get broken in half.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    This is basically ST...

Bottles/Bridgewater: Lets bring up the fact that the elite QBs in the league are pocket passers to bolster their stock.

Football: Lets bring up ty to ok QBs that had good wheels to lower his stock.

Nevermind the fact that the ceiling of the the first two is lower than the elite QBs they're being compared to or that Footballs is higher than guys like VY and Garcia. Thank god you dumb s aren't GMs tbh.
    It's not about ceilings... If you over a top 5 pick it sets you back. It's why Luck was a slam dunk over rg3... Even though rg3 arguably had a higher ceiling

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    What? Ceilings are a part of every draft prospects draft grade. Also the RG3-Luck comparison is another idiotic one...Lucks ceiling was right there alongside Cornbread's. This year no QBs ceiling comes close to Footballs.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    p.s. CN is a dumb and MJ is arguably the dumbest (up there with bene)

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    You are the Diaw > lee guy so I wouldn't go around throwing intelligence insults. Of course upside has to do with it, but floor is more important because you need these guys to contribute. If you want upside take some tall guy with a fast 40 in the 7th round. Jamarcus had high upside with a low floor...

Rg3 has a stronger arm and runs faster than luck, which seems to be your argument for Manziel

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I also don't see the upside in a small qb who runs around like a chicken with its head cut off

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    p.s. CN is a dumb and MJ is arguably the dumbest (up there with bene)
    I'll take that as a compliment from the mastermind behind "Diaw > Lee," tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    ESPN's Merril Hoge believes Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel has "bust written all over him."

"He's gotta be a good decision maker, he's gotta be accurate, has to have a feel for the pocket and awareness and understanding of how to play in structure. All that being said (Manziel's) got none of that," Hoge said. The football analyst pointed to instances where Manziel did not play "smart," specifically citing a third down hot read. "You get blinded into thinking excitement translates to the NFL. That is not a skill set."

imho a great take.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    You are the Diaw > lee guy so I wouldn't go around throwing intelligence insults. Of course upside has to do with it, but floor is more important because you need these guys to contribute. If you want upside take some tall guy with a fast 40 in the 7th round. Jamarcus had high upside with a low floor...

Rg3 has a stronger arm and runs faster than luck, which seems to be your argument for Manziel
    This season's Diaw is better than Lee. Did you know opponents shoot 60%+ when being guarded be Lee? If you do know that and still feel like Lee>Diaw than I can see why you are stupid enough to make these re ed comparisons.

I also don't see the upside in a small qb who runs around like a chicken with its head cut off
    Your smarts clearly dont extend beyond books if you seriously think Football ac ulated the numbers he did strictly by running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Lets ignore his rushing numbers for the season...his passing numbers are still up there with anyone in this class despite playing in the toughest conference by far. Why are you ignoring that? Unless you are re ed enough to believe all those number were ac ulated through improvisation in which case youd be a dumbass of epic proportions.

I'll take that as a compliment from the mastermind behind "Diaw > Lee," tbh
    Diaw is better than the absolute worst post defender in the NBA. Then again Id expect a dumb to not see or care about that tbh.

ESPN's Merril Hoge believes Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel has "bust written all over him."

"He's gotta be a good decision maker, he's gotta be accurate, has to have a feel for the pocket and awareness and understanding of how to play in structure. All that being said (Manziel's) got none of that," Hoge said. The football analyst pointed to instances where Manziel did not play "smart," specifically citing a third down hot read. "You get blinded into thinking excitement translates to the NFL. That is not a skill set."

imho a great take.
    Stupid take. Look up his stats...doesnt matter if he was inside or outside the pocket, on the run or not, he was accurate.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Stop using this re ed ass comparison. I wouldnt take RG3 or Manziel over Luck. Luck was as sure of a thing as there has been since probably Peyton...Bortles, Bridgewater and Carr are nowhere near him. Why dont you use some of the ty ass pocket passer that have been drafted Top 10 over the years instead? Thats alot more reasonable.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

like this tbh... i have said before that he's a better thrower than many on this forum give him credit for, but he relies too much on like this. say what you want, but its a huge part of his game, and its not going to allow him to be a consistent nfl starter.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Stop using this re ed comparison. I wouldnt take RG3 or Manziel over Luck. Luck was as sure of a thing as there has been since probably Peyton...Bortles, Bridgewater and Carr are nowhere near him. Why dont you use some of the ty ass pocket passer that have been drafted Top 10 over the year instead? Thats alot more reasonable.
    i brought up the comparison once... the point i was making was in the floor vs ceiling argument for s sake, not to say Luck or RG3 > manziel... its was the same discussion with Leaf vs Manning. guys reaching for upside based on athletic ability will regret it over taking the NFL product

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count

like this tbh... i have said before that he's a better thrower than many on this forum give him credit for, but he relies too much on like this. say what you want, but its a huge part of his game, and its not going to allow him to be a consistent nfl starter.
    Wait, do you think he ac ulated all or even most of his passing numbers by doing SC Top 10 like this ?

i brought up the comparison once... the point i was making was in the floor vs ceiling argument for s sake, not to say Luck or RG3 > manziel... its was the same discussion with Leaf vs Manning. guys reaching for upside based on athletic ability will regret it over taking the NFL product
    You posted about it in two posts.

Regardless, Luck was as sure a thing as youll get in the draft. Theres no reason this should be brought up when the three (or four) first day pocket passers are far from sure things.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    again, stop taking luck/griffin so literally. its the general idea of ceiling vs floor

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    again, stop taking luck/griffin so literally. its the general idea of ceiling vs floor
    Its a stupid thing to bring up when their ceilings were within spitting distance of each other. Bring up similar ceilings/floors and your point would make sense.

Dont ignore everything else either.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i'm not ignoring anything. i've seen terrelle pryor make nice throws from the pocket too. i'm sure manziel has his fair share, tbh. you can't deny that his running/scrambling is a huge facet of his game that has is very reliant on. the only qb that makes it work is Wilson. to be fair, he's in a great situation, but he also plays smart

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    JFF could very well be better than Cawnbread. He'll never be anything close to Lord Luck, but nobody's that good so can't hate on him for that.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    JFF could very well be better than Cawnbread. He'll never be anything close to Lord Luck, but nobody's that good so can't hate on him for that.
    If only you guys hadnt taken Manuel, Football couldve turned the Billies around.

Thread Information