Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Seven games total, with one of them being from 2012. Mostly MAC compe ion. Yeah, I can see how you guys can develop an expert opinion on the guy from that. You s are bandwagoning the media quit acting like you have enough tape to evaluate the guy as a surefire star.
    ^One of my first posts on the subject, before you started resorting to the lol response. Let's just conveniently ignore that though.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ^One of my first posts on the subject, before you started resorting to the lol response. Let's just conveniently ignore that though.
    i posted one link that had several videos... you've posted one highlight video. lets just conveniently ignore that though

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    i posted one link that had several videos... you've posted one highlight video. lets just conveniently ignore that though
    What does Football have to do with this anyway? We definitely should ignore that highlight vid and anything related to him for simplicity purposes, since you are all over the place and can't focus on the subject at hand.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    What does Football have to do with this anyway? We definitely should ignore that highlight vid and anything related to him for simplicity purposes, since you are all over the place and can't focus on the subject at hand.
    you keep changing the topic as you get destroyed

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Actually my post was about Mack (and guys that play for smaller schools in general). Youre the one that brought Football into it, destroyer.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    there's a reason why nobody here takes you seriously but yourself

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Hey, let's stray away from the topic even more and go from talking about Mack to talking about FkLA. Why the not.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    This guy is a high functioning re

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    There's not much of a topic to discuss. You for some reason believe that watching the commercials, replays, booth shots and snaps from the opposing defenses yields a better understand of a player's production than watching only his plays with all that other stuff cut out. You don't understand the difference between game tape and highlight reels, between agreeing with scouting reports and getting caught up in college hype. You haven't made one productive argument against Mack other than criticizing everyone else's knowledge of small-school prospects, while repping your small-school background but not giving a scouting report yourself. And you have gall to be upset about folks going ad hominem and straying off topic?

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    With the way FKLA is getting on, it's lookin like 2 girls 1 cup in here.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Hey, let's stray away from the topic even more and go from talking about Mack to talking about FkLA. Why the not.
    were you even talking about Mack? the extent of your Mack talk was "lol 4 minute youtube videos"

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    There's not much of a topic to discuss. You for some reason believe that watching the commercials, replays, booth shots and snaps from the opposing defenses yields a better understand of a player's production than watching only his plays with all that other stuff cut out. You don't understand the difference between game tape and highlight reels, between agreeing with scouting reports and getting caught up in college hype. You haven't made one productive argument against Mack other than criticizing everyone else's knowledge of small-school prospects, while repping your small-school background but not giving a scouting report yourself. And you have gall to be upset about folks going ad hominem and straying off topic?
    Who's criticizing Mack or small schools? I'm not saying anyone is right/wrong about him. I'm simply laughing at armchair GMs like you who wanna stand there and act like watching tape from a grand total of seven games, against mostly subpar compe ion (with some as short as 4 minutes) is enough for you to evaluate this dude as a surefire star. I'm telling you to sit your ass down because that's nowhere near enough. You are just bandwagoning the media's take on the dude--regardless of whether they are right or not.

Also noone is questioning the validity of the tapes or saying one actual game>one tape from that same game. Both of you were trying to question my evaluation of Football which was supposedly based on highlights, so I brought up actual games...~20 actual games of Football I watched>7 games tapes. Why do I always end up having to explain simple stuff like this for you re s?

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    were you even talking about Mack? the extent of your Mack talk was "lol 4 minute youtube videos"
    Jesus you are a little . Talking about Mack as in s acting like they know so much about him even though he didn't get much exposure in Buffalo.

As far my personal evaluation of his ability goes, I already said I don't have one since I havent watched enough of him. I'm sure he'll be good though.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Who's criticizing Mack or small schools? I'm not saying anyone is right/wrong about him. I'm simply laughing at armchair GMs like you who wanna stand there and act like watching tape from a grand total of seven games, against mostly subpar compe ion (with some as short as 4 minutes) is enough for you to evaluate this dude as a surefire star. I'm telling you to sit your ass down because that's nowhere near enough. You are just bandwagoning the media's take on the dude--regardless of whether they are right or not.

Also noone is questioning the validity of the tapes or saying one actual game>one tape from that same game. Both of you were trying to question my evaluation of Football which was supposedly based on highlights, so I brought up actual games...~20 actual games of Football I watched>7 games tapes. Why do I always end up having to explain simple stuff like this for you re s?
    Your take is awful, abysmal, even for the standards you've established in this thread. No one is criticizing small schools. It was you who were criticizing everyone else's knowledge of them, like the fact that you went to UTSA made you a guru on Buffalo. You also just keep failing to grasp that if you cut out all of the fluff from a football broadcast, you'd only get a few minutes of actual footage. That's why game tape is so short. They're not just equal to watching the game; they're better because they cut out all the hype the commentators are giving and isolate the performance from the moment.

Twenty actual games, and you still think Manziel's passing game is NFL-caliber. You then tried to establish that by showing only his best plays -- and even those show his obvious limitations. Your entire evaluation of Manziel is inextricably tied to the fluff of the games. You think that the fact that he beat Alabama on a recovered-fumble miracle touchdown somehow translates into NFL production. It doesn't, and that's why you are a victim of hype. If you had any idea about how to evaluate a player, you wouldn't have posted that awful highlight video.

Anyways, I haven't even said I care about Mack at all. I only saw him at the combine and on that video spurraider posted. I could care less about players the Ravens haven't picked, and especially those they will never have a chance to pick. I only evaluate players after the Ravens pick them. There are obvious exceptions, like Manziel, whom I watched as much as you did. I am no scout in any sense of the word, but I did look at him, which is more than I can say for whomever the Ravens draft outside of possibly Evans. I am not arguing for Mack, or Clowney, or Watkins or whomever. I am merely pointing out how you are grasping at straws trying to legitimize your Manziel fandom at all costs. You picked arguments with people in a much stronger debate position than you (I'm talking about Mack supporters, not myself), and now you can't even seem to understand why you're losing ground on every post.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i also rarely evaluate players before the raiders draft him, but i read up on multiple scouting reports from different sources to get a consensus view on most players. there are exceptions, and this year i've watched a lot of mack, clowney, watkins, donald and a lot of the big name qb's, including the later round guys like Garappolo, Mettenberger, Carr, Savage. this is the first year i've actually tried to get a read on a lot of the big names outside of scouting reports/highlight videos

the first time i actually in depth looked into a player before the draft was actually Miles Burris, who was a mid-round prospect a few years ago. somebody on a raider forum was talking him up so i looked into him. i was enamored by his game film, and it just so happened the Raiders ended up drafting him in the 4th round .

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    lol FKLA

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Where do I start? I can't do much if you refuse to read and/or make ridiculous assumptions.

Your take is awful, abysmal, even for the standards you've established in this thread. No one is criticizing small schools. It was you who were criticizing everyone else's knowledge of them, like the fact that you went to UTSA made you a guru on Buffalo. You also just keep failing to grasp that if you cut out all of the fluff from a football broadcast, you'd only get a few minutes of actual footage. That's why game tape is so short. They're not just equal to watching the game; they're better because they cut out all the hype the commentators are giving and isolate the performance from the moment.
    Not saying he won't be a stud, I actually don't have an opinion on the dude since I haven't really watched much of his games or tapes
    ^How does this lead you to conclude that I think I'm a guru on Buffalo?

Also noone is questioning the validity of the tapes or saying one actual game>one tape from that same game.
    ^How does this lead you to conclude that I think an actual game is somehow better than tape. Especially when I went on to explain why I even brought up actual games in that same post.

Twenty actual games, and you still think Manziel's passing game is NFL-caliber. You then tried to establish that by showing only his best plays -- and even those show his obvious limitations. Your entire evaluation of Manziel is inextricably tied to the fluff of the games. You think that the fact that he beat Alabama on a recovered-fumble miracle touchdown somehow translates into NFL production. It doesn't, and that's why you are a victim of hype. If you had any idea about how to evaluate a player, you wouldn't have posted that awful highlight video.
    Yeah, you can't really claim a W on this until Football actually fails.

Pretty sure my posts (some that even included conversations directly with you) suggest I think Football can succeed in the NFL for reasons other than just flash. But again I can't do much about it if you conveniently choose to ignore those parts of my posts.

Anyways, I haven't even said I care about Mack at all. I only saw him at the combine and on that video spurraider posted. I could care less about players the Ravens haven't picked, and especially those they will never have a chance to pick. I only evaluate players after the Ravens pick them. There are obvious exceptions, like Manziel, whom I watched as much as you did. I am no scout in any sense of the word, but I did look at him, which is more than I can say for whomever the Ravens draft outside of possibly Evans. I am not arguing for Mack, or Clowney, or Watkins or whomever. I am merely pointing out how you are grasping at straws trying to legitimize your Manziel fandom at all costs. You picked arguments with people in a much stronger debate position than you (I'm talking about Mack supporters, not myself), and now you can't even seem to understand why you're losing ground on every post.
    Who said my original comment had anything to do with Football? Yall are the ones that brought him up. That's another re ed assumption which again is not my fault. As far as the 'argument', I simply laughed at their regurgitated take on Mack, so as far as I'm concerned there really is no argument there. He is indeed from a small school that didn't get much exposure. Tape from six games is indeed a small amount to evaluate a guy, especially to go as far as calling him a sure thing. So where's the argument? I made a similar comment about Bortles earlier in the thread too fwiw.
    Last edited by FkLA; 04-23-2014 at 10:22 PM.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Literally every single point FkLA is trying to make is wrong
    So much asshurt.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    You're a slippery snake, aren't you? Or at least you like to believe yourself one.

^How does this lead you to conclude that I think I'm a guru on Buffalo?
    I have no problem with those schools, re . Probably watch more non-P5 college football than anyone here which is kinda the point.
    Acting like watching UTSA means anything. Mack has been a top prospect all season. Of course people are going to watch him. I went to a D1AA school, but I couldn't tell you the first thing about teams in our own conference outside of records. I wouldn't try to act like other folks couldn't know about players in FCS just because I didn't.

^How does this lead you to conclude that I think an actual game is somehow better than tape. Especially when I went on to explain why I even brought up actual games in that same post.
    Of course you are. You wouldn't have gone on that idiotic crusade about the length of the videos. Each video covered an entire game. The length doesn't matter.

Yeah, you can't really claim a W on this until Football actually fails.

Pretty sure my posts (some that even included conversations directly with you) suggest I think Football can succeed in the NFL for reasons other than just flash. But again I can't do much about it if you conveniently choose to ignore those parts of my posts.
    Let me reiterate that I have no idea if Manziel will actually fail or not. I don't claim to know the future. No one has beef with you for believing him Manziel ... well, at least I don't. What I and others take issue with is your campaign for him that's based on trashing other players or at least trying to bring up propaganda for Manziel or against other potential top picks. You're main arguments for Manziel were based on pseudo-scouting backed up by YouTube highlights. You use certain things like stats and winning for Manziel, but when counter-examples are shown, you act like they are horrible comparisons because of some other stat. Then people bring up that counter-examples to that other stat, and you try to slide out of that with something else. We all went through that, so don't act like that's not what happened.

Who said my original comment had anything to do with Football? Yall are the ones that brought him up. That's another re ed assumption which again is not my fault. As far as the 'argument', I simply laughed at their regurgitated take on Mack, so as far as I'm concerned there really is no argument there. He is indeed from a small school that didn't get much exposure. Tape from six games is indeed a small amount to evaluate a guy, especially to go as far as calling him a sure thing. So where's the argument? I made a similar comment about Bortles earlier in the thread too fwiw.
    You're biggest problem is that you for some reason fancy yourself smarter than everyone else. You think that we don't know what you've been doing throughout this whole thread. You rep Manziel and try to trash folks' support of other players. First, it was Bridgewater. Then it was Bortles. Then it was Clowney. Now it's Mack. Manziel is your guy; we get it. For the most part, nobody cares about that. But you are constantly getting into debates or pissing matches without bringing anything to the table to support your side. The whole, "No one knows for sure if they'll be a star", take isn't an argument. It's not like Manziel becomes a smarter pick for the Texans just because it's possible the other players bust.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    You're a slippery snake, aren't you? Or at least you like to believe yourself one.

Acting like watching UTSA means anything. Mack has been a top prospect all season. Of course people are going to watch him. I went to a D1AA school, but I couldn't tell you the first thing about teams in our own conference outside of records. I wouldn't try to act like other folks couldn't know about players in FCS just because I didn't.
    Jesus. That was in response to CN making a post suggesting I had a problem with small schools. I said I watch a lot of non-P5 football (not only UTSA), not to suggest that I'm a 'guru on Buffalo' but rather to show that I don't have a problem with them at all. Also you'd have trouble following the MAC even if you tried.

Of course you are. You wouldn't have gone on that idiotic crusade about the length of the videos. Each video covered an entire game. The length doesn't matter.
    If there's anything I've been consistently bringing up it's the amount of games and the compe ion, not the video length. But let's just ignore that of course. Pretty sure that Baylor game isn't an entire game either. I only clicked on that one and the Ohio State game, not sure about the others.

Let me reiterate that I have no idea if Manziel will actually fail or not. I don't claim to know the future. No one has beef with you for believing him Manziel ... well, at least I don't. What I and others take issue with is your campaign for him that's based on trashing other players or at least trying to bring up propaganda for Manziel or against other potential top picks. You're main arguments for Manziel were based on pseudo-scouting backed up by YouTube highlights. You use certain things like stats and winning for Manziel, but when counter-examples are shown, you act like they are horrible comparisons because of some other stat. Then people bring up that counter-examples to that other stat, and you try to slide out of that with something else. We all went through that, so don't act like that's not what happened.
    Dude, get out of here with that. I call your takes stupid because comparing Manziel to Vince Young because they the hype surrounding them coming out of college was similar happens to actually be pretty damn stupid. Their hype was similar so let's ignore the fact that Manziel is a much more polished passer without ty mechanics like Vince, really?

You're biggest problem is that you for some reason fancy yourself smarter than everyone else. You think that we don't know what you've been doing throughout this whole thread. You rep Manziel and try to trash folks' support of other players. First, it was Bridgewater. Then it was Bortles. Then it was Clowney. Now it's Mack. Manziel is your guy; we get it. For the most part, nobody cares about that. But you are constantly getting into debates or pissing matches without bringing anything to the table to support your side. The whole, "No one knows for sure if they'll be a star", take isn't an argument. It's not like Manziel becomes a smarter pick for the Texans just because it's possible the other players bust.
    I don't fancy myself smarter than everyone. I mean I'm smarter than a guy like benefactor but so are the rest of us tbh.

And again this had nothing to do with Football. I didn't bring him up and I didn't laugh at Mack or his ability, I laughed at the fact that these s were acting like experts on a dude they've seen a limited amount of.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Chinook eviscerating FkLA

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Good stuff.

Ready to get all this draft bull behind us and get ready for the season.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Our defensive line will be the eater of worlds. Welcome, Mr. Clowney.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

Thread Information