Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin says "Us guided by rule of the Gun".

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A2H0TE20140318

Just trolling Obama now.
    Agree with Putin. The US would be doing the same thing as Russia claiming they voted to go back with Russia.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with Putin. The US would be doing the same thing as Russia claiming they voted to go back with Russia.
    So why have we not invaded Puerto Rico?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why have we not invaded Puerto Rico?
    They already have.

In 1898, during the Spanish–American War, Puerto Rico was invaded and subsequently became a possession of the United States. The first years of the 20th century were marked by the struggle to obtain greater democratic rights from the United States. The Foraker Act of 1900, which established a civil government, and the Jones Act of 1917, which made Puerto Ricans U.S. citizens, paved the way for the drafting of Puerto Rico's Cons ution and its approval by Congress and Puerto Rican voters in 1952. However, the political status of Puerto Rico, a Commonwealth controlled by the United States, remains an anomaly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the Democrat who will have held office for 8 years.

Why do you even bother talking US politics and worrying about elections if the above is just the way it is?
    What democrat has ever tried to change the big bad corporate run US? just turn the whole economy over to the government, get rid of privately run companies... since this is obviously the prescription. What Democrat has issued this platform?

I guarantee Boots owns stock and is fully participating in his big bad corporation's welfare.
    so you agree, unintentionally, that America is ed and un able

I only think about elections because I know the Repugs will up America harder and deeper and quicker than it already is, like they ed up the states they control. the Repug ups will be irreversible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There isn't a difference but there is!
    Doublethink at it's finest. Must be nice not having to worry about logical consistency.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Sucks to be a Tatar

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140319/1885...-Official.html

MOSCOW, March 18 (RIA Novosti) – Ukraine’s breakaway region of Crimea will ask Tatars to vacate part of the land where they now live in exchange for new territory elsewhere in the region, a top Crimean government official said Tuesday.

Crimean Deputy Prime Minister Rustam Temirgaliyev said in an interview with RIA Novosti on Tuesday the new government in Crimea, where residents voted Sunday to become part of Russia, wants to regularize the land unofficially taken over by Crimean Tatar squatters following the collapse of the Soviet Union.

“We have asked the Crimean Tatars to vacate part of their land, which is required for social needs,” Temirgaliyev said. “But we are ready to allocate and legalize many other plots of land to ensure a normal life for the Crimean Tatars,” he said.

Temirgaliyev emphasized that members of the Tatar community could receive senior political positions in the new government, in an apparent move to ease ethnic tensions in the region.

“I think that Crimean Tatars will be well represented in the government and parliament,” he said.

The Crimean Tatars, a historic people of the region, were deported en masse to Central Asia by Soviet leader Joseph Stalin 70 years ago. Although many of them returned in the early 1990s, they were unable to reclaim the land they had possessed before their deportation.

Many Crimean Tatars have taken over unclaimed land as squatters by building houses, farms and mosques. Ukrainian authorities have in the past failed to settle the land disputes.

The Tatars, who make up 15 percent of Crimea’s population, remain amongst the staunchest supporters of the new government in Kiev that ousted President Viktor Yanukovych last month.

Crimea, a largely Russian-speaking autonomous republic within Ukraine, was part of Russia until it was gifted to Ukraine by Soviet leaders in 1954.

Putin signed a decree Monday recognizing Crimea as an independent state, following a referendum Sunday that saw voters on the peninsula overwhelmingly support secession and reunification with Russia.

Nearly 30 percent of Crimean Tatars voted in favor of reunification with Russia at Sunday’s referendum, Temirgaliyev said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Nearly 30 percent of Crimean Tatars voted in favor of reunification with Russia at Sunday’s referendum"

sounds like US rednecks and bubbas voting Repug. Some people NEVER learn.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    And off we go

Moscow signals concerns for Russians in Estonia

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...40319?irpc=932

GENEVA (Reuters) - Russia signaled concern on Wednesday at Estonia's treatment of its large ethnic Russian minority, comparing language policy in the Baltic state with what it said was a call in Ukraine to prevent the use of Russian.

Russia has defended its annexation of Ukraine's Crimea peninsula by arguing it has the right to protect Russian-speakers outside its borders, so the reference to linguistic tensions in another former Soviet republic comes at a highly sensitive moment.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Russia trolling hard now ie: Iran nuke talks.

In no way do I want the US involved, but damn Putin is making Obama look like his whipping boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia trolling hard now ie: Iran nuke talks.

In no way do I want the US involved, but damn Putin is making Obama look like his whipping boy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I see is people jumping to unfounded conclusions. Crimea has not been treated well by the Ukrainians. Funny how the people voted over 95% to join Russia.
    Wait til the Crimeans, Tartars see how "well" they are treated by Russians, esp seeing how screwed up Crimea's economy is. They should go ask the ex-Georgia Ossetians.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Wait til the Crimeans, Tartars see how "well" they are treated by Russians, esp seeing how screwed up Crimea's economy is. They should go ask the ex-Georgia Ossetians.
    They are probably treated equally bad by both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already have.

In 1898, during the Spanish–American War, Puerto Rico was invaded and subsequently became a possession of the United States. The first years of the 20th century were marked by the struggle to obtain greater democratic rights from the United States. The Foraker Act of 1900, which established a civil government, and the Jones Act of 1917, which made Puerto Ricans U.S. citizens, paved the way for the drafting of Puerto Rico's Cons ution and its approval by Congress and Puerto Rican voters in 1952. However, the political status of Puerto Rico, a Commonwealth controlled by the United States, remains an anomaly.
    So it's really Spanish ...

So is a good deal of Texas, how far back do you wish to go?

Puerto Rico VOTED not to be a State of the US.
    Then the US did what?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukraine facing loss of its navy as Russian forces in Crimea dig in

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A270M920140308

I think I heard the Russians commandeered 20 ships, leaving only the flagship.

that's gonna hurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last U.S. ambassador to the Soviet Union argues that Russian President Vladimir Putin’s actions in Ukraine are a response to years of hostility from the United States, including the eastward expansion of NATO, the bombing of Serbia and the expansion of American military bases in Eastern Europe.

“I think that what we have seen is a reaction, in many respects, to a long history of what the Russian government, the Russian president and many of the Russian people—most of them—feel has been a pattern of American activity that has been hostile to Russia and has simply disregarded their national interests,” former ambassador Jack Matlock told“Democracy Now!” on Thursday.

“They feel that having thrown off communism, having dispensed with the Soviet Empire, that the U.S. systematically, from the time it started expanding NATO to the east, without them, and then using NATO to carry out what they consider offensive actions about an—against another country—in this case, Serbia—a country which had not attacked any NATO member, and then detached territory from it—this is very relevant now to what we’re seeing happening in Crimea—and then continued to place bases in these countries, to move closer and closer to borders, and then to talk of taking Ukraine, most of whose people didn’t want to be a member of NATO, into NATO, and Georgia. Now, this began an intrusion into an area which the Russians are very sensitive.

“Now, how would Americans feel if some Russian or Chinese or even West European started putting bases in Mexico or in the Caribbean, or trying to form governments that were hostile to us? You know, we saw how we virtually went ballistic over Cuba. And I think that we have not been very attentive to what it takes to have a harmonious relationship with Russia.”

http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item...ility_20140320

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gee...I wonder why Putin reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly took Crimea.....

Exxon Mobil puts Ukraine gas prospect on hold

Rex Tillerson, Exxon Mobil’s chairman and CEO, said the company’s Russian projects were moving ahead.

“As for the current situation, obviously it’s early days,” he said. “There’s been no impact on any activities or plans at this point, nor would we expect there to be any, barring governments taking steps beyond our control.

“In terms of our view of country risk, geopolitical risk, other than things like sanctions, we don’t see any new challenges out of the current situation,” he said.

Exxon Mobil signed a giant joint venture agreement with Russia’s Rosneft in 2011 that opened the way for exploration in seven Russian Arctic Sea areas, parts of Western Siberia and a strip along the Russian Black Sea near Crimea.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/business/e...ct-on-hold.ece

Exxon Mobil teams up with Russian company in Arctic deal

MOSCOW -- Russia's state-owned Rosneft teamed up with U.S. company Exxon Mobil on Tuesday in a multibillion deal to develop offshore oil fields in the Russian Arctic -- one of the last regions with immense and untapped hydrocarbon deposits -- in return for access to resources in the Gulf of Mexico.

]Exxon Mobil said in a statement that Tuesday's agreement includes $3.2 billion to be spent on exploring three giant undeveloped oil and gas fields in the Kara Sea -- between the northeastern corner of continental Russia and the Arctic archipelago of Novaya Zemlya -- in the Arctic as well as a sector in the Black Sea.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, right, and Rex Tillerson, ExxonMobil's chief executive smile during a signing ceremony in the Black Sea resort of Sochi, Russia Tuesday. Russia's state-owned Rosneft teamed up with U.S. company ExxonMobil on Tuesday to develop huge offshore oil fields in the Russian Arctic in return for access to resources in the Gulf of Mexico

http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...with_russ.html

Only one company made more than ExxonMobils $45 Billion in 2013, Russian State Oil Company Rosneft. Oil and Greed gave the Bush Administration Crazy power to invade Iraq for more oil, Russians new found money in oil is giving crazed Putin God like enthusiasm for war ExxonMobils backing in money, power and advise.

Big Oil has bought much of Washington and states politicians across the country one way or another with oil money from ExxonMobil to Koch Bros. Will the Evil Greed keep winning like Bush scam election? It looks like many people love money more then truth or even God himself, anything Goes with the GOP’s price tag on everything imbolding plutocrats like Russians Putin knowing whom to buy in Washington and corporations that run politics without conscious, scruples or ethics of any kind.
    Despite the badgering on the by the right to nuke Russia over Crimea, it looks like it's business as usual for the big boys club..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep....

The 300 wealthiest people on Earth added $25.6 billion to their collective net worth this week as the U.S. government imposed economic sanctions on several Russian billionaires.

Amancio Ortega was the week’s biggest gainer, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The 77-year-old co-founder of Inditex SA, the world’s largest clothing retailer, added $2.8 billion to his fortune as the company rallied 2 percent to a one-month high. The company, which owns the Zara chain, said March 19 it plans to open more than 450 new stores this year. Ortega, the world’s fourth-wealthiest person, has a $63.1 billion net worth.

Russia richest people staged a comeback after losing more than $20 billion since the start of the Crimean crisis on Feb. 28, according to the Bloomberg ranking. The country’s 20 wealthiest citizens added $6.4 billion during the week.

“We didn’t see a shooting war break out over Ukraine, which means the stock market has come back as a result,” Walter “Bucky” wig, a senior vice president at BB&T Wealth Management, said by phone from his office in Birmingham, Alabama. “The sanctions were probably less than what was expected.”

Moscow’s Micex Index was up 6 percent for the week. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index rose 1.4 percent to close at 1,866.52 in New York.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...it-russia.html

Big business has spoken...no war for you..

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    There you go with your jealous bigoted rage against a class of citizens again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you go with your jealous bigoted rage against a class of citizens again.
    My apologies to Putin..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EU Seals Closer Ties With Ukraine, Sanctions Russia

The EU welcomed Ukraine into the Western fold on Friday, signing the political provisions of a landmark accord as a defiant Russia formally completed its takeover of Crimea.

Seeking some leverage over a newly-assertive Moscow, European Union leaders agreed sanctions against top Russian politicians and stepped up efforts to cut the bloc’s energy dependence on Russia.

Signing the Association Accord “symbolizes the importance both sides attach to this relationship… and the joint will to take it further,” EU president Hermann Van Rompuy told Ukraine interim premier Arseniy Yatsenyuk.

The EU was offering Ukraine its “steadfast support,” Van Rompuy said, promising help to get the country’s struggling economy back on track.

“We are sure that together we will succeed,” Yatsenyuk said after the European Union’s 28 heads of state and government signed the do ent.
    http://www.nationalmemo.com/eu-seals-closer-ties-ukraine-sanctions-russia/

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    EU Seals Closer Ties With Ukraine, Sanctions Russia

The EU welcomed Ukraine into the Western fold on Friday, signing the political provisions of a landmark accord as a defiant Russia formally completed its takeover of Crimea.

Seeking some leverage over a newly-assertive Moscow, European Union leaders agreed sanctions against top Russian politicians and stepped up efforts to cut the bloc’s energy dependence on Russia.

Signing the Association Accord “symbolizes the importance both sides attach to this relationship… and the joint will to take it further,” EU president Hermann Van Rompuy told Ukraine interim premier Arseniy Yatsenyuk.

The EU was offering Ukraine its “steadfast support,” Van Rompuy said, promising help to get the country’s struggling economy back on track.

“We are sure that together we will succeed,” Yatsenyuk said after the European Union’s 28 heads of state and government signed the do ent.
    http://www.nationalmemo.com/eu-seals-closer-ties-ukraine-sanctions-russia/

No mention of why the EU stopped the talks with the Ukraine about membership.

Why?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...tion_Agreement

one step at a time.

Maybe the EU isn't ready to carry another Greece-level, or worse, basket case.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Maybe not, but the EU stopped negotiations when the parliament refused to pass their requirement. This is why the president went to the Russians for the help they offered. He saw it as the parliament and EU turning their backs on the people of the Ukraine. His reward was being treated as a traitor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukranian natural resources to be nationalized by Crimea and given to Russia

Russia Eyes Crimea’s Oil and Gas Reserves

According to Reuters, Crimea may nationalize oil and gas assets within its borders belonging to Ukraine, and sell them off to Russia. Crimea’s Deputy Prime Minister hinted at the possibility that it would take control of Chornomorneftegaz, a Ukrainian state-owned enterprise, and then “privatize” it by selling it to Gazprom. “After nationalisation of the company we would openly take a decision – if a large investor, like Gazprom or others emerges – to carry out (privatisation),” Deputy Prime Minister Rustam Temirgaliev said.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2014/03/russia-eyes-crimeas-oil-gas-reserves.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=fee d&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NakedCapitalism+%28naked+ca pitalism%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe not, but the EU stopped negotiations when the parliament refused to pass their requirement. This is why the president went to the Russians for the help they offered. He saw it as the parliament and EU turning their backs on the people of the Ukraine. His reward was being treated as a traitor.
    BS

He was totally corrupt, swimming in personal wealth. The EU and the Russians both knew he was so deep in it he had zero leverage with his people.

Did Angela Merkel buy her own personal Zoo using the economic assistance of both the EU and Russia ?
    You need to do some reading on the crap this guy bought with money meant for the country.

Thread Information