Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The problem is we don't really know who is in control in Kiev. Until they get a stable government, Russia can claim the neo nazis have taken over again. Russia is reacting to their incompetent man going down, but also some fear that they will lose some influence in Crimea. It's easier to take control of Crimea right now while Kiev is in disorder.

I do believe they are trumping up Russians in Crimea getting abused somehow. There is no good evidence of this.
    Agreed. Still, it would be nice to see more accurate reporting.

Maybe Crimea also sees the civil unrest where the Ukraine is slitting itself apart, possible leading to civil war as much of the population wants to joint the west, and much of it doesn't...

Crimea has operated under at least partial autonomy. I suspect they will side with Russia, and if they have to get too much help from Russia, they will lose their autonomy to Russia. I also suspect if the Ukraine grants them complete autonomy, they will remain that way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. Stocks Tumble As Ukraine Anxiety Mounts

http://www.nationalmemo.com/u-s-stocks-tumble-ukraine-anxiety-mounts/

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

I hope you aren't suggesting that correlation equals causation...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious, exactly at what point do you anti-American jackasses think we should intervene? When Ukraine falls to Russia? When Russia starts setting it's sights further West? Never?

Like I said earlier, Obama isn't a leader so we're not going to do , which I'm sure will please the hardcore leftists in here. You can go ahead and keep posting articles about leadership if you want, btw.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Just curious, exactly at what point do you anti-American jackasses think we should intervene? When Ukraine falls to Russia? When Russia starts setting it's sights further West? Never?
    It appears that the Ukraine is heading for civil war that we are helping to make happen by pla udes. Maybe we should just stay out unless it starts to spill into our allies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't visited the political forum in a while but I can see it's still dominated by croutons copy pasting one sided articles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you aren't suggesting that correlation equals causation...
    if not causation (RU's stocks also down, with their borrowing rate up to 7%), then what do you think the US stock drop is due to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you trying to suggest here? Why are you jumping to conclusions as to my beliefs? Do you think you know them better than I?

I don't know who to believe, but as I keep searching and reading, I am tending to believe that Crimea has welcomed Russia in to help them succeed from the Ukraine.

Why the are you going off on tangents that don't matter? Snowden is a completely separate issue, may he rot in .

As for you taking western media over the Russian... I already linked this, but here it is again, from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26410431
    This is now his canned response when called on his selection bias.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stocks fell, bond prices higher as Ukraine tensions rise

Rising tensions over Russia's military advance into Ukraine pushed stock markets around the world sharply lower on Monday.

The Standard & Poor's 500 index dropped the most in a month, following stock markets in Europe and Asia lower, as Russia's military tightened its grip on the Crimea region. Investors sold stocks and bought less risky assets such as Treasurys and gold. The price of crude oil also rose on concern that Russian oil exports could be disrupted if Western countries impose sanctions on Moscow.

It's the second time this year the U.S. stock market has been roiled by developments in emerging markets. Stocks slipped in January as investors worried about slowing growth in China and other emerging economies. Now a showdown in Ukraine has grabbed investors' attention and stoked fears of a -for-tat campaign of economic sanctions between Russia and Western powers.

“Financial markets are doing exactly would you would expect them to,” said Phil Orlando, chief equity market strategist at Federated Investors. “You have no idea what is going to happen and how this is going to play out.”

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/1780/article/p2p-79503451/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it sure is terrible when SOMEONE ELSE starts wars with trumped-up excuses

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Sunday condemned Russia's "incredible act of aggression" in Ukraine and threatened economic sanctions by the United States and allies to isolate Moscow, but called for a peaceful resolution to the crisis.

"You just don't in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pre-text," Kerry told the CBS program "Face the Nation."

Iraq was in the 21st century. Sen. John Kerry voted for it.Nice moral authority you have there, John.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...s?detail=email

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which one of the three stooges are you?

Have anything of value for this thread, or are you just proving you are an overgrown adolescent bully?
    Why do you respond to posts addressed to somebody else?

If I want to know what you think I'll ask you directly.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    if not causation (RU's stocks also down, with their borrowing rate up to 7%), then what do you think the US stock drop is due to?
    The stock market dropped a lot more even on single days just last month over nothing.

Don't waste your breath trying to attribute causation to the market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yep...my 401k is gonna lose 2500 bucks roughly today. i know this cause its all in company stock but i moved it out. just till this is over. i know. its dumb to do that but i love to gamble

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    yep...my 401k is gonna lose 2500 bucks roughly today. i know this cause its all in company stock but i moved it out. just till this is over. i know. its dumb to do that but i love to gamble
    LOL...

$2,500 loss today, $3,000 gain tomorrow...

Up and down, but always up in the long term...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is it with you, thinking it'd funny to do unprovoked attacks, following anthers attack, and then pretend it wasn't against me?

How about doing an ethics check on yourself please.
    Stop sending PMs... I don't give two s what you think.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    PM singular.

I believe that's the only time I ever sent you one.

Why do you asses think it's proper to make all threads I enter about me? That's why I PM'd you, because I am sick and tired of you s destroying good threads.

Go away troll.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You could at least correct his spelling. I know I really appreciate your efforts with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could at least correct his spelling. I know I really appreciate your efforts with me.
    Check your ethics!

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Check your ethics!

Yes,

You and so many here do nothing but antagonize others. I prefer not to get pissed, but I do.

Your ethics are real weak when continuing to do so, unprovoked.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Have anything of value for the thread topic?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol Thread Protocol Officer.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    lol. The only way any discussion happens in a thread about Ukraine is when it devolves into a forum pissing match

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    A five day old link, but interesting:

Can Ukraine Avoid an East-West Split and Bloody Civil War?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Thread Information