Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious, exactly at what point do you anti-American jackasses think we should intervene? When Ukraine falls to Russia? When Russia starts setting it's sights further West? Never?

Like I said earlier, Obama isn't a leader so we're not going to do , which I'm sure will please the hardcore leftists in here. You can go ahead and keep posting articles about leadership if you want, btw.
    Intervene how?

What would you do?

Lets hear the plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious, exactly at what point do you anti-American jackasses think we should intervene? When Ukraine falls to Russia? When Russia starts setting it's sights further West? Never?
    Invasions are only OK when we do it...appeasement....appeasement...Chamberlain...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intervene how?

What would you do?

Lets hear the plan.
    Something is better than nothing. Obama calling Putin begging him to stop being mean isn't going to accomplish . The way Putin is acting, it seems like no matter what the West does, there's going to be blood spilled. He's in Cold War mode, tbh. Anything I suggest as an intervention will be viewed by him and you as an act of war, but instead of blaming crazy Putin, I'm sure you'll say that it's me who's trying to start WW3.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something is better than nothing. Obama calling Putin begging him to stop being mean isn't going to accomplish . The way Putin is acting, it seems like no matter what the West does, there's going to be blood spilled. He's in Cold War mode, tbh. Anything I suggest as an intervention will be viewed by him and you as an act of war, but instead of blaming crazy Putin, I'm sure you'll say that it's me who's trying to start WW3.
    So what something would you do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems that supremguy doesn't have the leadership or resolve to say that he favors going to war with Russia. Tsk, it's so sad that he's a big wet nonleader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The call to Taiwan was particularly apt. The US has a very limited set of responses.
    True, and the impact of those responses might portend war. Es bien serio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Something is better than nothing."

Dear imperial, geopolitical, planetary police Macho Man expert, tell what the something, or somethings, is?

Come on, man up, lead us forward.

Which dog does USA have in the Ukraine-Russia dogfight? Is it that gas pipeline? Your own lessness?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems that supremguy doesn't have the leadership or resolve to say that he favors going to war with Russia. Tsk, it's so sad that he's a big wet nonleader.
    at least Rubio was willing to say, after questioning Obama's leadership and resolve, that he'd do more or less the same thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Neocons Want from Ukraine Crisis

Special Report: The Ukrainian crisis – partly fomented by U.S. neocons including holdovers at the State Department – has soured U.S-Russian relations and disrupted President Obama’s secretive cooperation with Russian President Putin to resolve crises in the Mideast, reports Robert Parry.

President Barack Obama has been trying, mostly in secret, to craft a new foreign policy that relies heavily on cooperation with Russian President Vladimir Putin to tamp down confrontations in hotspots such as Iran and Syria. But Obama’s timidity about publicly explaining this strategy has left it open to attack from powerful elements of Official Washington, including well-placed neocons and people in his own administration.

The gravest threat to this Obama-Putin collaboration has now emerged in Ukraine, where a coalition of U.S. neocon operatives and neocon holdovers within the State Department fanned the flames of unrest in Ukraine, contributing to the violent overthrow of democratically elected President Viktor Yanukovych and now to a military intervention by Russian troops in the Crimea, a region in southern Ukraine that historically was part of Russia.

Though I’m told the Ukraine crisis caught Obama and Putin by surprise, the neocon determination to drive a wedge between the two leaders has been apparent for months, especially after Putin brokered a deal to head off U.S. military strikes against Syria last summer and helped get Iran to negotiate concessions on its nuclear program, both moves upsetting the neocons who had favored heightened confrontations.

Putin also is reported to have verbally dressed down Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and then-Saudi intelligence chief Prince Bandar bin Sultan over what Putin considered their provocative actions regarding the Syrian civil war. So, by disrupting neocon plans and offending Netanyahu and Bandar, the Russian president found himself squarely in the crosshairs of some very powerful people.

If not for Putin, the neocons – along with Israel and Saudi Arabia – had hoped that Obama would launch military strikes on Syria and Iran that could open the door to more “regime change” across the Middle East, a dream at the center of neocon geopolitical strategy since the 1990s. This neocon strategy took shape after the display of U.S. high-tech warfare against Iraq in 1991 and the collapse of the Soviet Union later that year. U.S. neocons began believing in a new paradigm of a uni-polar world where U.S. edicts were law.

http://consortiumnews.com/2014/03/02...kraine-crisis/

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Which dog does USA have in the Ukraine-Russia dogfight? Is it that gas pipeline? Your own lessness?
    Sometime the best move, is not to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at Belbek pro-Russian forces face an unarmed Ukrainian column attempting to retake the base.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03...es-raw-nerves/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kremlin’s own pollster released a survey on Monday that showed 73% of Russians reject it. In phrasing its question posed in early February to 1,600 respondents across the country, the state-funded sociologists at WCIOM were clearly trying to get as much support for the intervention as possible: “Should Russia react to the overthrow of the legally elected authorities in Ukraine?” they asked. Only 15% said yes — hardly a national consensus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the adherents of the Communist Party, who tend to feel en led to all of Russia’s former Soviet domains, said with a broad majority — 62% — that Russia should not jump into Ukraine’s internal crisis.
    same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When markets opened on Monday morning, investors got their first chance to react to the Russian intervention in Ukraine over the weekend, and as a result, the key Russian stock indexes tanked by more than 10%. That amounts to almost $60 billion in stock value wiped out in the course of a day, more than Russia spent preparing for last month’s Winter Olympic Games in Sochi. The state-controlled natural-gas monopoly Gazprom, which accounts for roughly a quarter of Russian tax revenue, lost $15 billion in market value in one day — incidentally the same amount of money Russia promised to the teetering regime in Ukraine in December and then revoked in January as the revolution took hold.

The value of the Russian currency meanwhile dropped against the dollar to its lowest point on record, and the Russian central bank spent $10 billion on the foreign-exchange markets trying to prop it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The oil-rich state of Kazakhstan, the most important member of every regional alliance Russia has going in the former Soviet space, put out a damning statement on Monday, marking the first time its leaders have ever turned against Russia on such a major strategic issue: “Kazakhstan expresses deep concern over the developments in Ukraine,” the Foreign Ministry said. “Kazakhstan calls on all sides to stop the use of force in the resolution of this situation.”

What likely worries Russia’s neighbors most is the statement the Kremlin made on March 2, after Putin spoke on the phone with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. “Vladimir Putin noted that in case of any escalation of violence against the Russian-speaking population of the eastern regions of Ukraine and Crimea, Russia would not be able to stay away and would resort to whatever measures are necessary in compliance with international law.” This sets a horrifying precedent for all of Russia’s neighbors.

Every single state in the former Soviet Union, from Central Asia to the Baltics, has a large Russian-speaking population, and this statement means that Russia reserves the right to invade when it feels that population is threatened. The natural reaction of any Russian ally in the region would be to seek security guarantees against becoming the next Ukraine. For countries in Eastern Europe and the Caucasus, including Armenia, a staunch Russian ally, that would likely stir desires for a closer alliance with NATO and the E.U. For the countries of Central Asia, Russia’s traditional stomping ground on the geopolitical map of the world, that would mean strengthening ties with nearby China, including military ones.
    same

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As little as Russia represents to USA business, if the West can restrict Russia commercially (exports, contracts, finance), Putin will have blown off both his feet (as if a dictator cares in a totally corrupt country). Russia's natgas pipelines to Western Europe are its huge trump card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin is overplaying his hand. responding with military force would be overplaying ours.

what vital US interest warrants going to war with Russia over Ukraine, btw? anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia's natgas pipelines to Western Europe are its huge trump card.
    the EU might rethink its dependence on Russian energy after this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the EU might rethink its dependence on Russian energy after this.
    yep, and US BigOil is willing, enabled by the politicians they own, to export USA's national resource treasures, aka "screwing US energy independence" and hastening US oil/gas depletion, a depletion which will be hugely profitable for BigOil and their investors.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukrainian-Russian Tensions Dividing U.S. Citizens Along Ignorant, Apathetic Lines

WASHINGTON—According to a poll released Monday by the Pew Research Center, the escalating conflict between Russia and Ukraine has left Americans sharply and bitterly divided along ignorant and apathetic lines, with the nation’s citizenry evenly split between grossly misinformed and wholly indifferent factions.

“The very real threat of a Russia-Ukraine war has completely polarized the general public, pitting two deeply entrenched blocs against one another: those who have absolutely no clue what they’re talking about and those who couldn’t care less,” said Pew spokesman Andrew Collins, noting that the ouster of Ukraine’s president Viktor Yanukovych and Russia’s subsequent occupation of Crimea has inflamed tensions between the two sides to a level unseen since the height of the war in Syria. “This is not a distinctly regional or socioeconomic split, either. We’re seeing local workplaces, friends, even families ripped in two by their desire to either ignore the whole thing completely or spout an inane, half-witted opinion on it like they’re some geopolitical expert.”

“And as the situation develops and Western powers become more involved, these divisions will only appear more stark,” he added. “In the coming weeks, we can expect to hear a growing cacophony of uninformed and harebrained calls for action or restraint from one side, and absolutely nothing at all from the other.”

Results of the poll found that the two sides are at odds on nearly every facet of the crisis, from last week’s protests in Kiev, to Ukraine’s freeing of former president Yulia Tymoshenko, to Russian president Vladimir Putin’s invasion of the Crimean Peninsula in defiance of Western warnings, with neither group seeing eye-to-eye on any of the developments’ significance—or whether they even have any significance to begin with.

Additionally, nearly half the U.S. public has put forth numerous breathtakingly naive potential solutions to the crisis—which range from economic sanctions on Russia, to economic sanctions on Ukraine, to deploying the U.S. military to the “middle of Asia” to solve the standoff—while an equal number of Americans firmly and repeatedly stated their commitment to not giving a one way or the other.

Furthermore, sources are reporting that the deep ideological rift over the Russia-Ukraine conflict is visible in nearly every community and place of work across the country, with disinterested and misinformed Americans confirming they have repeatedly come into conflict in recent days.

“It’s incredibly frustrating to try to talk some sense into someone who doesn’t realize that Crimea’s very freedom as an independent nation is at stake,” said completely ignorant San Jose, CA resident Carol Goldmacher, who admitted that she has clashed constantly in the past week over Ukraine with her staunchly apathetic roommate Lisa Suarez. “Talking to her is like talking to a brick wall. It’s almost as if she doesn’t even want to hear how Putin was kicked out of Ukraine by his own people and then retaliated by invading Crimea. Frankly, no matter how much I tell her that Obama’s this close to breaking his silence and issuing a warning to Russia, it’s just not getting through to her.”

“The bottom line is that Carol’s views aren’t going to affect my opinion,” said Suarez of her roommate’s constant uneducated opinions about John Kerry’s upcoming trip to Kiev and her bizarre personal assertion that the invasion happened “su iously close to the Olympics.” “My mind’s made up, and I completely stand by my lack of interest in this issue. So Carol should just keep her mouth shut and let this situation—whatever it is—play out.”

According to reports, most Americans see little chance of the warring camps coming to any sort of reconciliation any time soon, as supporters on both sides appeared committed in their respective efforts to either gravely misconstrue the complicated crisis in Ukraine or remain checked out of the issue entirely. Still, some experts are holding out hope that the two groups may be able to someday see eye-to-eye on the thorny issue of Ukrainian sovereignty and Russian aggression.

“As startling as these two factions’ differences may seem at first, there’s still opportunity for the two sides to come together and reach a compromise on the Ukraine conflict,” said Collins. “When it comes to the situation in Crimea, there’s a middle ground between ignorance and apathy on this issue that I think all Americans could happily live with.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ukrainianrussian-tensions-dividing-us-citizens-alo,35428/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&ut m_campaign=LinkPreview:1efault

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no worry, TSA and all its NRA gun fellators will take care of Putin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the old SC lesbian whines on

Lindsey Graham Blames Benghazi For Ukraine Crisis

It started with Benghazi. When you kill Americans and nobody pays a price, you invite this type of aggression. http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/...isis-benghazi/

and Repugs making Afghanistan and Iraq, both "wars" lost by USA, pay the price for 9/11 wasted 5000+ US military lives and $Ts. That'll teach everybody not to Mess With USA.

these ing Repugs are ing as insane as they are ignorant, matching their red state base.

Thread Information