Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Post Count
    Cristiano Ronaldo donates $83,000 to pay for sick child's operation

By Ryan Bailey14 hours agoDirty Tackle

.View gallery

Cristiano Ronaldo donates $83,000 to pay for sick child's operatio. (Getty/@SocialRMadrid)

Not so long ago, Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo was regarded as an arrogant, bratty, prima donna who was far too conerned with how his hair looked to think about others. Now, the current World Player of the Year appears to be taking his role as one of the biggest sports stars in the world with maturity and compassion, as proven by his latest act of generosity.
    Spanish newspaper AS revealed that the family of a 10-month-old boy with cortical dysplasia — a rare brain disorder that causes dozens of daily seizures — was looking to raise €60,000 ($83,000) to raise money for a vital operation.
    Ronaldo — the current leading scorer in the Champions League and La Liga — was asked to donate a shirt and pair of boots to help raise funds for little Erik Ortiz Cruz, a request with which he duly obliged. But that's not where the Portuguese star's contribution ended: he has also offered to pay the full cost of the operation.
    The donation may only represent around 20% of his mammoth weekly earnings, but it's an extremely classy gesture from a man who has used his financial means to help plenty of sick kids on the Iberian Peninsula in the past few years. In 2012, for example, he paid for the cancer treatment of a 9-year-old fan.
    Even the staunchest Leo Messi fanboy will agree that it's getting harder and harder to dislike Cristiano Ronaldo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...iacontentstory

What an amazing human being. Pure class. Respect.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    He also donated $$$$ for building schools in Palestine.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Even the staunchest Leo Messi fanboy will agree that it's getting harder and harder to dislike Cristiano Ronaldo.
    lol no. As long as he keeps showing his true colours on celebrations like these.

And how to forget this gem:

Real Madrid and the Madrid media did a of a job trying to clean his image but you can't just wash away his inner demons, tbh.

P/S: What's this about not being able to post more than 3 videos? I had a lot of vids that I had to leave out.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    well if players win all that amount of money, I'd hope they donated something.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lol "showing his true colors"

DAF

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    lol "showing his true colors"

DAF
    I don't know what's so funny son.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Nah he's been given an unfair rep. Mostly based on his whining as a youth on the pitch.

'OMG he's not cheesing it up in front of the cameras and reporters "

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    FAP is reaching, grasping at straws tbh. Your pedestal is pretty high for a fan of a tax evader and HGH abuser.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    FAP is reaching, grasping at straws tbh. Your pedestal is pretty high for a fan of a tax evader and HGH abuser.
    I couldn't give more of a about any of this . Nobody is saying Tristiano is a bad guy, in fact he must be a great guy but I just find funny all the Madrid and Tristiano's fans every now and then trying to convince others that the dude is a nice guy because of these donations that every ing millonaire makes (mostly to avoid taxes). We get it, he's a nice person, that doesn't take away the fact that he's an egomaniac duche too which is easy to see with they way he conducts himself on the pitch and inteviews.
    Last edited by DAF86; 03-13-2014 at 11:21 AM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Bynumite why are you such a follower? Why can't you just cheer for classy guys like Duncan and Messi?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Bynumite why are you such a follower? Why can't you just cheer for classy guys like Duncan and Messi?
    I make fun of Jim but i have nothing against him. Spurfans on the other hand, are a sad, insufferable bunch.

As for the midget, there's nothing classy about evading taxes and abusing HGH. I think he's put on too high a pedestal by media and fans like he can do no wrong.
    "He's the son every mother and father would like to have."

I could go on youtube and search for videos of the midget being a on the pitch but that's FAP level petty propaganda.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I make fun of Jim but i have nothing against him. Spurfans on the other hand, are a sad, insufferable bunch.

As for the midget, there's nothing classy about evading taxes and abusing HGH. I think he's put on too high a pedestal by media and fans like he can do no wrong.
    "He's the son every mother and father would like to have."

I could go on youtube and search for videos of the midget being a on the pitch but that's FAP level petty propaganda.
    Messi is no saint, he's just a shy guy that happens to be the best footballer in the World. It's rare to be shy while being the best at something that's why people love him so much.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    DAF

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Nah he's been given an unfair rep. Mostly based on his whining as a youth on the pitch.

'OMG he's not cheesing it up in front of the cameras and reporters "
    froof bombs

froo froo

My Team
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Post Count

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    See, this is the I'm talking about.

Ronaldo has always been the better individual tbh.

Messi is just a head that cares about no one but himself tbh..

People hate ronaldo because he's not donating money to the right countries..No one in the west would respect anyone that donates to palestine..Respect to Ronaldo for going against the wave.

Ronaldo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Messi

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Daf is butt hurt

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Daf is butt hurt
    Butthurt about what?

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Butthurt about what?
    About Ronaldo stealing the spot lights

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    About Ronaldo stealing the spot lights
    he would literally have to steal the light bulbs... I think if there's anything that opened up the door for Christiano is the fact that midget has been stinking it up in the past year or so, with injuries and all...

That said, I bet the criticism is going to be 100x tougher on midget than Christiano when the World Cup rolls around... which really tells you all you need to know, IMO.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    he would literally have to steal the light bulbs... I think if there's anything that opened up the door for Christiano is the fact that midget has been stinking it up in the past year or so, with injuries and all...

That said, I bet the criticism is going to be 100x tougher on midget than Christiano when the World Cup rolls around... which really tells you all you need to know, IMO.
    well midget does have a better roster to play with then what ronaldo has with portugal...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Truth bombs

With a decent roster , CR7 went to the WC semi-finals

My Team
    France
    Post Count

By this logic Parker is the goat spurs player

Thread Information