My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    "The thought behind [the decision], honestly, is to get one more good work day out of them," Chryst explained, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "Most, if not every spring game I've been a part of, you really end up sacrificing a lot. It sounds crazy, but just being locked into a place, bad weather. ... You're kind of locked into that day. These days are really valuable for us."

The school will organize new opportunities for fan interaction this spring in place of the spring game. Panthers fans can expect details on those events in the coming weeks.

"It's a little bit selfish doing what's best for the program," Chryst said. "You appreciate [the fans]. You don't want it to come off as not being appreciative. It's not the intent. But there is real conviction that for this group of guys, the guys in the building ... you feel really good that this is the right thing. You hope the people appreciate that.

Any chance this becomes the norm? I get the reasons behind the decision but man I hope not, I need my UTSA fix tbh.

Post Count
    I don't see it... not when you can have 35+K (depending on the school) fans buying concessions and use it as a giant promo for the regular season.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sumlin basically said the same thing when the NCAA said we couldn't move our spring game. I'm sure we will have them again when we can though.

Thread Information