Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Texas Tech true freshman quarterback Patrick Mahomes has been named the Big 12 Conference Offensive Player of the Week after a record-breaking game during Tech's final game of the 2014 season against No. 5 Baylor at AT&T Stadium in Arlington last weekend.Mahomes (Whitehouse, Texas) passed for a Big 12 freshman record 598 yards on 30-of-56 passing while tying a Big 12 freshman mark with six touchdown passes during the Red Raiders 48-46 loss to the Bears.Twice last season Texas Tech had a freshman quarterback earn Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week honors while Mahomes becomes the 10th Texas Tech quarterback to earn the recognition.Mahomes, who made four starts this season, completed his first collegiate campaign with three consecutive 300-yard passing performances and three straight games with at least four touchdown passes.

During his final three starts against Oklahoma, Iowa State and Baylor, Mahomes tallied 1,319 passing yards with 14 touchdowns and just two interceptions on 80-of-141 passing with a 165.3 efficiency while averaging 439.7 passing yards per game.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Artic...-Week-33444673
    Huh. Some potential qb battle...but I think Webb comes out as the starter, just on a very short leash.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Damn tech wants this kid in a bad way

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol open letter to Under Armour

Dear Under Armour,

I've been thinking quite a bit about Texas Tech's uniforms.* You see, I’m not a design person by trade. Oh, no. Actually, I’m an attorney in my day job and I write for this pretty awesome site called, Viva The Matadors, when I have the time.* Even though I do both of those things, I admittedly have a passion for design. I’m always curious about why things look the way that they do. I’m interested in why a particular font is used over another. I love thinking about why a web site looks the way that it does.* I love studying logos. All sorts of logos. Business logos, sports logos, really anything where someone has incorporated a word or a phrase into something visual as well.* I consider myself an amateur when it comes to design, but it's something that interests me greatly.I’ve been pretty quiet about Texas Tech uniforms. I understand that the uniforms really aren’t for me, but they are for the recruits and making news and all of those sorts of things. I get that, I honestly do and I’ve considered writing about Texas Tech’s uniforms for the better part of two years. Two years of figuring things out. Two years of considering and thinking about the uniforms.* I want it to be clear that what I'm about to write isn't reactionary in any way shape or form as most people know that I try not to be reactionary about anything.

Now, I’m ready.

Stop ting on Texas Tech's uniforms and Texas Tech's brand.

..........a lot more lols.......:

http://www.vivathematadors.com/2014/...techs-uniforms
    Preach on brother.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Tough break with the Jarrett Stidham de-commit.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tough break with the Jarrett Stidham de-commit.
    yeah it suuuucks, but with Davis Webb and Patrick Mahomes being young, even if Stidham had redshirted, he would only have had two years as a starter........which is why I was initially shocked myself that he committed to Tech and committed so fast. I just figured he really wanted to play for Kliff that badly.

He can start right at Baylor and have a chance at a conference le right off the bat.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Wut. So what was that early agreement ^ he signed, I thought I remembered reading that that was binding.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Wut. So what was that early agreement ^ he signed, I thought I remembered reading that that was binding.
    Financial aid agreement, and no, it's not binding. Recruits sign it anyway to show they are committed, but as Stidham proves, it doesn't always mean they really are.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    " Jarrett Stidham decommits. Now what? You go to a luau with [5 star recruit] Breiden Fehoko and make a*fire.

Last edited by Blake; 12-16-2014 at 09:38 AM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech D coordinator goin at it

Post Count
    " Jarrett Stidham decommits. Now what? You go to a luau with [5 star recruit] Breiden Fehoko and make a*fire.

He may not be winning, but Kliff is still living the dream to max extent possible while still living in Lubbock.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    He may not be winning, but Kliff is still living the dream to max extent possible while still living in Lubbock.
    lol Kliff is gonna keep recruiting Hawaii as much as possible.

Beats the out of recruiting the Midland Odessa area

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    And yeah if you're making $3+ million a year, living in Lubbock is ok.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    So far not any fall out from Stidhamgate

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Nice WR commit:

La Mirada (Calif.) receiver*Tony Brown*announced his commitment to*Texas Tech*via Twitter on Thursday.*Brown, who is rated as a four-star prospect, the No. 32 receiver nationally and No. 6 in*California*by Scout, chose the Red Raiders over offers from*Colorado,*Iowa State,*Nebraska,*Purdue,*San Diego State,*SMU,*UCLA,*Utah,*Utah State*and*Washington State.*
    http://texastech.scout.com/

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    slick Kliff on that final push tour....two four star OLinemen commits:

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Not sure who I'm more excited to see play on defense: Fehoko or Mike Mitc

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    BEAVERTON, Ore. --*Mike Mitc *sat on the stairs leading up to the awards stage.After running a 4.39 40-yard dash, the 6-foot-4, 215-pound linebacker from Plano (Texas) Prestonwood Christian Academy needed to catch his breath."It felt so good," Mitc said. "It's probably one of the best feelings I've had during training stuff like this.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?story...31&src=desktop
    Still can't believe this dude is coming to Tech....

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Offensive line ranked at or near the top of Texas Tech’s team strengths last season. That could well be the case again in 2015, especially with the return of two-time first-team All-Big 12 tackle Le’Raven Clark.Thursday was the deadline for underclassmen to file for the NFL draft, but Tech athletics spokesman Blayne Beal said Thursday that Clark is staying for his senior season.
    yessirrr.......offense should be clicking next year back to usual per par.

But det defense......

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol bleacher report

"who has best chance to be darkhorse playoff candidate next year?"

The truest out-of-nowhere contender is Texas Tech. The Red Raiders are an active punch line—Kingsbury signed*a contract extension*for*how long?!—but have the pieces in place to go far........

They have two capable quarterbacks. Both leading rushers return. So do seven of the top eight pass-catchers and (potentially) four starters along the offensive line. All-Big 12 tackle Le'Raven Clark has yet to declare for the NFL draft, and he still might, but the thought of his return makes this offense look scary on paper.

Also coming back next year (potentially) is Big 12 sack leader Pete Robertson at outside linebacker and all-conference honorable mentions J.J. Gaines and Justis Nelson in the secondary. That and the addition of inside linebacker Mike Mitc , a former*top-60 recruit*who sat out in 2014 after transferring from Ohio State, gives Gibbs some pieces to work with in his first year with the defense.

Texas Tech has lost 13 of 18 games since starting 7-0 last season, but why look at the glass as three-fourths empty? The glass is also one-fourth full! Texas Tech was on a seven-game winning streak!The Raiders play TCU at home and Baylor on a neutral field next season. They have a chance to score a quality nonconference road win at Arkansas. They weren't very good in 2014, but neither was TCU in 2013 nor Auburn in 2012. These things happen. It's football.It's*college*football.

Guns Up! for 2015.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...tender-in-2015
    Yay. Another off season filled with promise and potential only to be jinxed by B/R

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol Fehoko

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Another Hawaii prospect......good friends with Fehoko.

Will still probably end up at ucla, but at least these guys are coming to Lubbock.
    Last edited by Blake; 01-19-2015 at 11:19 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Random

Golf

Texas Tech senior wins Latin American Amateur Championship, earns invite to Masters

Associated Press
    Published:*18 January 2015 07:34 PMUpdated:*18 January 2015 09:18 PM

BUENOS AIRES — Matias*Dominguez*closed with a 1-under 71 on Sunday to win the inaugural Latin American Amateur Championship, earning a spot at Augusta National in April as the first player from Chile at the Masters in more than 50 years.After two bogeys on the last three holes,*Dominguez*won at Pilar Golf Club by one shot over Alejandro Tosti of Argentina, who also shot a 71.Alvaro Ortiz, the brother of PGA Tour player Carlos Ortiz of Mexico, bogeyed the 18th for a 67 and finished two shots behind.Dominguez, a senior at Texas Tech, finished at 11-under 277.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Kliff's last effort to reel in some Cali boys
    Last edited by Blake; 01-22-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Thread Information