Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ..... But even if Breiden fell in love with all that Oklahoma has to offer, he’d still be forced to let somebody down. And in this case, it would be the Tech coaches, and potentially his two brothers as well. So, again, if OU is going to continue to recruit him then the key is not going to be convincing Breiden (I think he’ll love OU). It’s going to be getting the mother and father to see that Breiden, and ultimately the Fehoko family, will have the best opportunity at Oklahoma. And in my opinion, the key to that is the NFL.There is no question in my mind that Breiden is an NFL prospect. Heck, he is already NFL strong. But he’s also smart, quick, and impressively mature for someone his age. The question is will any of that matter if you play at a place not known to develop NFL DLinemen? Or at a place where there isn’t enough help on the line, thus you’re forced to eat double teams every play?If I’m OU, that is my angle. And it is important to note it isn’t an insincere one, it’s authentic. I’d say the same thing to my own little brother. There are players who could be marginal NFL guys, but they’re never going to take care of their whole family. After all, making it to the NFL doesn’t just equate to being set for life. Breiden, however, has 1st round, multi-million dollar type talent! OU has to make the sincere case to him and his family that you don’t risk that potential on a good sales pitch about the “bright future” a program may or may not have. You don’t risk that even for a family tie.You go with the surest bet…you go to a school like LSU, like Florida State, like Georgia…or like Oklahoma. And we all know “there’s only one Oklahoma.”

http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-o...rry-montgomery
    Lol butthurt okie blogger

"but i developed a relationship with Breiden and we're prettier to look at than taco tech. I don't get it

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tubby Smith signs best recruiting class since 2004

http://redraiders.com/sports-red-rai...ing-class-2004

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Holy .

Kliff you'd better get this kid to sign. If he asks for a blow job and you need to run a qb option spread, in a you take that bull by the horns.

and lol best nickname ever.... "the Abusement Park"

Would be a nice get for Tech. I was shocked he got redshirted last year given the LB depth at Ohio State last year. I think his father is also sick and part of the reason he wanted to be closer to home.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Lol Kliff in a dance off

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Excellent bit on the Fehoko brothers

Breiden didn’t just choose Texas Tech over offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M, Clemson and more than 25 other programs, but he chose Family Over Everything. The F.O.E. acronym has quickly caught on among Red Raider fans and the football program, which has embraced the Fehokos as part of their family.“(F.O.E. is) something that my son, V.J., had started a couple of years back when we were going through a hard time,” Fehoko said. “Like I said our family, we don’t have much. We kept the boys very close and we knew they were special. We always told them, ‘Above everything, all you have is family. It has to be over everything.’“Breiden had already talked about his decision over the week with his brothers on Wednesday or Thursday. He said, ‘Just don’t tell mom yet because we don’t know how she will react.’ Texas Tech gave us that feeling of family over everything this week, it’s an amazing mission to do that.

Something I’ve stressed before is I just believe this program is going into new heights and I just feel, there’s a feeling and I guess as Polynesians we use our hearts, our hearts tell us a lot of things,” Mrs. Fehoko said. “We first listen to our hearts. The way Kliff and the whole staff embraced our family, those that respect our culture and those that respect our iden y will go such a long ways. They love everybody and love our diversity and I think they’ll compete for a national championship, I don’t just say that because my boys are playing there, I really believe that. It’s crazy, but we’ve talked about it all week. It shatters your bones, you get goosebumps with what’s become of it with coach Kingsbury*Mike Smith, Kevin Curtis, Coach Wally,*Eric Morris, it’s different and we believe that because it embraced us, there’s more to come for that program.”*

http://texastech.247sports.com/Artic...-Life-28181760
    No doubt there will be some F.O.E. t shirts coming soon

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    QBs Richardson and Tausch are leaving the program, leaving only Webb at the moment.

But no matter..... apparently Vincent Testaverde Jr has enrolled at Tech so natty le, here we come.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blo...ignings/20216/

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    QBs Richardson and Tausch are leaving the program, leaving only Webb at the moment.
    the is up with that? I know even you gotta think thats strange by now.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    the is up with that? I know even you gotta think thats strange by now.
    Richardson wants to play now and Tausch realized he sucks and is going to focus on school.

It's a little unusual to be sure, but guys nowadays aren't content with sitting on the bench so no, it's not surprising or strange. We may see this more and more in college football as time goes on.

For reference, Aggy is almost in the same boat right now. With Hill being suspended and the backup transferring, right now they only have the true freshman.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    .... Johnson (6-1, 191) is rated as the No. 4 2015 receiver in the nation in the 247Sports Composite and No. 5 by Rivals.com. After an impressive performance at a Rivals Camp Series event in Hattiesburg, Miss., earlier this month,*Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Farrell*wrote that Johnson made his case for five-star status."Johnson is extremely quick off the snap, he's very sudden in and out of his cuts and he showed off his great hands at the camp," Farrell wrote. "He has taken his game to the next level."The Tide and Tigers may have some ground to make up. Johnson, who has nearly 20 offers, has visited*LSU, Tennessee, Oklahoma State and Florida, and told 247Sports recently that LSU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech were standing out.*"LSU is in my backyard and they have shown me how bad they want me,"*he told 247Sports.*

"Texas Tech throws the ball a lot and that is something I really like with them. They were there from the beginning and they were the first to offer. You always remember that first one."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...4-star_20.html
    He'll be making a visit to Lubbock soon according to Rivals.

Sounds like he'd easily go to LSU if they had a decent passing offense.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Richardson wants to play now and Tausch realized he sucks and is going to focus on school.

It's a little unusual to be sure, but guys nowadays aren't content with sitting on the bench so no, it's not surprising or strange. We may see this more and more in college football as time goes on.

For reference, Aggy is almost in the same boat right now. With Hill being suspended and the backup transferring, right now they only have the true freshman.
    Yeah, I don't think players suddenly wanna play more now than they did in the past. Transfers aren't uncommon it's the amount that's weird. Walk-ons like these last two departures (not Mayfield) turning down a back-up role for whatever the reason may be is just as weird.

Seems like Kliff is politely telling some of these guys to off imho.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Sure, 5 QBs leaving in 6 months is a lot, but I'm just not concerned.

3 more walk ons are headed this way this summer, so it's possible to have the total move to 6-7 leave before the year is done.

My guess is Kliff is politely telling these guys they suck and have no chance to start over Webb.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

But no matter..... apparently Vincent Testaverde Jr has enrolled at Tech so natty le, here we come.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blo...ignings/20216/
    This dude from SA Johnson is also walking on according to Rivals:

Rittimann's son is Jaguars' starting quarterback*Rittimann was an assistant coach under Jim Streety at Madison for 17 seasons before going to Johnson, the newest high school in the North East Independent School District, to take his first head-coaching job.*The Jaguars went 1-9 in their first season, but improved to 5-5 the next year. After slipping to 4-6 in 2010, Johnson made the playoffs in 2011 and finished 7-4. The Jaguars dropped back to 4-6 last season, but came back strong this year with a runner-up finish to unbeaten Reagan in the District 26-5A race.*That his only son, Hunter, is the team's starting quarterback and enjoying an outstanding senior season has made 2013 special for Rittimann.**"It's hard for me to talk about him without getting emotional," Rittimann said. "Hunter has been a blessing since the day he was born. You never know how they're going to turn out when you go to the nursery that first day and look at them through the window.*"You stand there as a coach and wonder if he'll ever be in sports. Or you wonder how he's going to turn out. He's always taken care of his academics. He's always made good choices. He has a great group of friends that we couldn't be happier about."*Hunter Rittimann, who already has been accepted academically to Texas, Texas A&M and Baylor, completed 19 of 24 passes for 351 yards and three touchdowns in the win over Smithson Valley.

http://www.kens5.com/community/blogs...232952391.html

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    rittiman is okay. needs to beef up as he is not extremely elusive. seemed to be very knowledgeable though and pretty damn accurate with his throws. not a bad walk-on for tech. i wouldn't be surprised at all if he found his niche there at tech.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, probably why he hasn't been offered a decent scholarship.

But it never not helps to be a coach's son

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    One of my high school buddies is the DC at Johnson. He and I wrestled at Madison under his father Coach Russ Peterson.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Excellent story thanks for sharing.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Jarrett Stidham 6-3, 190-pound quarterback from Stephenville (Texas) High took home MVP honors at the Elite 11 camp in Dallas.*The honor earned him an invite to The Opening to compete as one of the finalists for the top spot at the final Elite 11 national compe ion....
    .. Kennedy said of the No. 4 overall rated thrower in the country."He threw the ball with accuracy and velocity while showing a quick release. There were other quarterbacks who were as accurate o the day, but non showed the combination of quick, easy release and the strong arm that Stidham showed."...........

.....more......

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1399879.html

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Amaro will be back home in SA watching Spurs instead of in NY for draft

When the NFL draft begins Thursday night, the former Texas Tech tight end plans to be back at the AT&T Center for Game 2 of the Spurs’ Western Conference semifinal series against Portland.As of Monday, he was planning to be holed up in an arena suite in San Antonio, surrounded by family.“I think that’d be kind of neat, watching the game and watching the draft at the same time,” Amaro said.

http://redraiders.com/filed-online/2...ght-spurs-game

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    3 star QB Jonathon Giles commits. Will probably play WR.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....an-giles.html/

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    2015 commit RB Corey Dauphine wins state 5A 200 meter dash. Another site said on google preview that he ran fastest time in nation.

Dauphine showed his speed to the rest of the state in winning the Class 5A 200 Meters with a blistering time of 20.76.

http://m.panews.com/portarthur/db_29...tguid=4SCDCKJ7

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 commit RB Corey Dauphine wins state 5A 200 meter dash. Another site said on google preview that he ran fastest time in nation.
    paging Avante

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Q&A with recent signee CB Nigel Bethel II

One of the fastest athletes in Florida is ready to bring his talents to the state of Texas.*Texas Tech signee*Nigel Bethel II*led Booker T. Washington to a state track championship last week, winning gold medals in the 100 (10.73 seconds) and 200 (21.22) and another for the 400-meter relay. Next up, he'll graduate and arrive in Lubbock at the start of June with the hopes of earning immediate playing time.*Our summer series of weekly Q&As with the Big 12's best incoming freshmen continues today with Bethel, the No. 226 recruit in the 2014 ESPN 300.*

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...igel-bethel-ii

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Breiden Fehoko got his invite to the Opening after great Elite 11 showing in Oakland.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...breiden-fehoko

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Scout bumped him up to 4 stars now and A&M has come in with an offer.

I guess we'll see very quickly if Kliff has the salesman chops to keep him committed.

Thread Information