Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Worst scenario for Tech this season lol

The Red Raiders get pummeled by Texas, which completely steamrolls them on the ground. Meanwhile, the NCAA grants*Baker Mayfield*an eligibility waiver, and by the time Tech comes up on Oklahoma’s schedule, he has taken over as the Sooners’ starting quarterback. Against his former team, Mayfield throws seven touchdown passes, and after every score taunts Kingsbury by busting out the “stanky leg.”*In the season finale, Baylor puts Tech out of its misery with a 40-point win in Arlington, Texas, sending the Red Raiders back to Lubbock with a 5-7 record and no bowl game.*Mayfield leads Oklahoma to the College Football Playoff. Webb transfers to SMU. Welker gets traded to Jacksonville. Kingsbury goes on “The Bachelorette” and fails to make it past the first episode.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...medium=twitter

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yah. Huge blow, no pun intended.

Just a weird story.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    smh Tech

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech got rid of him which is the right thing to do.

Smh FkLA

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    one thing about the NCAA is that colleges do not have the luxury that pro teams do of being able to look for all of the risk factors which would lead one to infer that there would be potential risks with offering a scholarship to certain players. you can't just assume risk based on demographics or appearances because if you did you'd significantly reduce your offers. every time i read one of these articles though i'm reminded of just how stupid an 18 year old male can be sometimes.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    one thing about the NCAA is that colleges do not have the luxury that pro teams do of being able to look for all of the risk factors which would lead one to infer that there would be potential risks with offering a scholarship to certain players. you can't just assume risk based on demographics or appearances because if you did you'd significantly reduce your offers.
    true but I'm not sure coaches really care about potential off field problems as long as they can run a fofo forty and can legally play on Saturdays.

every time i read one of these articles though i'm reminded of just how stupid an 18 year old male can be sometimes.
    Yeah we all did stupid stuff but at no point during my teen years would I have ever punched a chick in the face.

Especially over a silly pick up game at the Rec Center.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    true but I'm not sure coaches really care about potential off field problems as long as they can run a fofo forty and can legally play on Saturdays.

Yeah we all did stupid stuff but at no point would I ever punch a chick in the face.

Especially over a silly pick up game at the Rec Center.
    no doubt. that's some pretty sociopathic behavior. nice move by KK and tech to just flat out send him packing.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    no doubt. that's some pretty sociopathic behavior. nice move by KK and tech to just flat out send him packing.
    Yeah, considering who this kid is, I gotta say I'm particularly impressed with how swift Tech acted on this incident

Post Count
    I give them credit for making the move, but seriously -- it was the only reasonable move to make.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    one thing about the NCAA is that colleges do not have the luxury that pro teams do of being able to look for all of the risk factors which would lead one to infer that there would be potential risks with offering a scholarship to certain players. you can't just assume risk based on demographics or appearances because if you did you'd significantly reduce your offers. every time i read one of these articles though i'm reminded of just how stupid an 18 year old male can be sometimes.
    That is just not true. If it were then you wouldn't have guys like Ray Carruth or that Gonzalez kid. The warning signs are usually there, especially on the high school level where kids are just too stupid to hide who they are.

99% of the time it's coaches thinking they can control the situation or that the kids is really a good kid who made some mistakes. Both are justifications for the fact that the kid is talented and they want him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah, considering who this kid is, I gotta say I'm particularly impressed with how swift Tech acted on this incident
    Gotta agree

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    That is just not true. If it were then you wouldn't have guys like Ray Carruth or that Gonzalez kid. The warning signs are usually there, especially on the high school level where kids are just too stupid to hide who they are.

99% of the time it's coaches thinking they can control the situation or that the kids is really a good kid who made some mistakes. Both are justifications for the fact that the kid is talented and they want him.
    not sure what you are referring to. did you mean aaron hernandez? as for carruth, the only problems i ever read about him were that he had academic issues coming out of high school. he never had any reported issues coming out of colorado

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Sure, guys like Aaron Hernandez slip through, but the NFL screening process is much more complex and intimate than the college football recruiting process.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Hey here's some good news from Breiden Fehoko

Barring injury, this dude is on lock to be a high NFL draft pick.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No one is a lock.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Right. But I'd lay money that this guy goes high.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the average of a 5-star high school kid getting drafted is about 35% Going high in the NFL draft is much much lower. I don't have any numbers in front of me but it's probably very long odds of any 5-star Qbs getting drafted in the top 10 or 20 in any NFL draft.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    the average of a 5-star high school kid getting drafted is about 35% Going high in the NFL draft is much much lower. I don't have any numbers in front of me but it's probably very long odds of any 5-star Qbs getting drafted in the top 10 or 20 in any NFL draft.
    K. I'm still pushing my chips all in on Fehoko.

Post Count
    There are no locks is right.

Jackson Jeffcoat (a 5 star recruit) looked like a top 10 pick coming out of high school, Coach Brown turned him into an undrafted free agent. Turned out well for him though because he is in Seattle with Captain Pete there to help him out.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Fox sports Q&A with Mike Mitc :
    Mitc will have to sit out this year after all

http://texastech.247sports.com/Bolt/...eason-29401556

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Very nice.

LUBBOCK, Texas -*Texas Tech second-year head coach*Tim Tadlock*was awarded the College Baseball Hall of Fame Skip Bertman National Coach of the Year award on Saturday evening at the annual "College Baseball Night of Champions" banquet at the Overton Hotel.

http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-ba...062914aab.html

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    here's the statement released by Amber Battle.....(Tech's leading scorer for the women's team last season)

Texas Tech guard Amber Battle will be suspended from compe ion for the month of November for her role in the*Nigel Bethel*incident."During a pickup basketball game on June 28, I was involved in an incident with Texas Tech football player Nigel Bethel," Battle said. "I initiated the first contact and I take full responsibility for my actions. I want to take this time to apologize to Nigel, the Texas Tech community, my teammates, coaches and fans. Nothing I can say can truly repair the harm I have already caused."

http://texastech.247sports.com/Bolt/...Fight-29465001
    Just one month suspension?

this . Kick her off too.

Post Count
    here's the statement released by Amber Battle.....(Tech's leading scorer for the women's team last season)

Just one month suspension?

this . Kick her off too.
    What a double standard! She hit him first to boot!

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Im sure it has a little something to do with the fact that shes the leading scorer on the team.

lol smh tech

Thread Information