Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    White folk don't tread to those areas unless there picking up a body. Buf if i do they ain't puttin me in no vacant

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    White folk don't tread to those areas unless there picking up a body. Buf if i do they ain't puttin me in no vacant
    Too bad that's too late for baseball that time of year. Camden Yards is a ing amazing place to watch a game.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    As soon as the Spurs game's over leave SA immediately. You might ask why right now but your question will be answered long before the game is over. There's so many wonderful and unique places in this country that you don't need to waste valuable time in that hole. See Austin instead. Miami is great (biased), but I wouldn't spend more than a couple days here if you wanna hit all EC spots. From Miami you should go to Charleston, SC--one of the most underrated cities in the country. Then go to DC to catch the monuments and holocaust museum (gotta do it once, I guess). If you have the time drive 40 miles to Baltimore (mah home city) and check out the Inner Harbor...beautiful, and it smells like one giant delicious crabcake. After that I'd go to New York and spend 2-3 days there. Love it or hate it NYC is one of the most amazing cities in the world. Skip Philly, nothing to see but ty drivers and a plethora of vagrants. Hit up Boston after that.
    I don't think SA is a hole, but I know that's your schtick. I've heard from people who think that Miami is a hole. It seems people only mention South Beach and that's it. I know for you it's a Toys R Us of coke and s, but seems like a roach infested hole. I got no desire to ever go. Charleston is great but it's expensive so I don't think it's underrated anymore.

I used to live in suburbs of Baltimore, but I'd take Virginia any day over Maryland, imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Too bad that's too late for baseball that time of year. Camden Yards is a ing amazing place to watch a game.
    Camden Yards and PNC Park are the best places to watch a baseball game. For anybody who tries to crowbar Fenway into the conversation go put a gun in your mouth...that tinbox is uncomfortable as and still sells seats with obstructed viewpoints

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I don't think SA is a hole, but I know that's your schtick. I've heard from people who think that Miami is a hole. It seems people only mention South Beach and that's it. I know for you it's a Toys R Us of coke and s, but seems like a roach infested hole. I got no desire to ever go. Charleston is great but it's expensive so I don't think it's underrated anymore.

I used to live in suburbs of Baltimore, but I'd take Virginia any day over Maryland, imo.
    My ...don't even attempt to compare that river of sewage to Miami. I've been to San Antonio many times and it can be wrapped up in <1 day. You can live for a year in south Florida (drug and free) and still not do everything there is to do/see. There's a reason people flock here when they retire or go on vacation.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    first and for most... don't go aboard any Malaysian flight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My ...don't even attempt to compare that river of sewage to Miami. I've been to San Antonio many times and it can be wrapped up in <1 day. You can live for a year in south Florida (drug and free) and still not do everything there is to do/see. There's a reason people flock here when they retire or go on vacation.
    I got issues with Texas but i'd still take it over Florida. I'm not even sure what a tour guide would show in Miami ...." well up the road is where the first Bang Bus took place. This of course was predated by Gerard Damiano filming Deep Throat in its entirety in our lovely hole by the sea....Colin Farrel worked on his accent for Miami Vice in this club while doing copious amounts of blow....Off to the right is where 20 cubans were massacred by Columbians....". That's cool if it's your new home but I'll pass.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As soon as the Spurs game's over leave SA immediately. You might ask why right now but your question will be answered long before the game is over. There's so many wonderful and unique places in this country that you don't need to waste valuable time in that hole. See Austin instead. Miami is great (biased), but I wouldn't spend more than a couple days here if you wanna hit all EC spots. From Miami you should go to Charleston, SC--one of the most underrated cities in the country. Then go to DC to catch the monuments and holocaust museum (gotta do it once, I guess). If you have the time drive 40 miles to Baltimore (mah home city) and check out the Inner Harbor...beautiful, and it smells like one giant delicious crabcake. After that I'd go to New York and spend 2-3 days there. Love it or hate it NYC is one of the most amazing cities in the world. Skip Philly, nothing to see but ty drivers and a plethora of vagrants. Hit up Boston after that.
    As bb says, San Antonio is a great place to live especially if you have a high income, but don't believe half of what the poster above, dd, is saying because his schtick is well known to most of us.
    Rather take bb advice, it is a of a lot more accurate.
    San Antonio is one of the unique cities of the world, but two days is all you need to see it all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The only extinct volcano I can think of that's within a dayhike of the road is Mount Gibbs, which has a small lake to its south at Mono Pass and then some larger lakes a mile or so farther south. There is no trail whatsoever to its summit though. But that lake is about 10,700 (camped there a couple of years ago) at the base of Gibbs, which is about 12,700 feet at the summit (great class 2 scramble up from the south if you choose your route carefully, but a nightmare to come down that face with all the small metamorphic rock that just slides out under your feet). Ireland Lake is up pretty high not too far from Mount Lyell and Mount Maclure, but I don't think those are volcanoes. Mount Dana might have been a volcano too (it's just north of Mount Gibbs), but the lake nearby is Ellery Lake that's right off the Dana Plateau about 10,000 feet (summit of Dana is 13,000). Not sure which mountain you're talking about.
    I'd have to look it up. We weren't too far from El Capitan.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I got issues with Texas but i'd still take it over Florida. I'm not even sure what a tour guide would show in Miami ...." well up the road is where the first Bang Bus took place. This of course was predated by Gerard Damiano filming Deep Throat in its entirety in our lovely hole by the sea....Colin Farrel worked on his accent for Miami Vice in this club while doing copious amounts of blow....Off to the right is where 20 cubans were massacred by Columbians....". That's cool if it's your new home but I'll pass.
    Miami doesn't have tour guides, unless you're too stupid to find the water. South Beach, Key Biscayne, Coconut Grove, Midtown, the Florida Keys, Bayside/Bayfront Park, cheap cruises, the list literally goes on and on. I also wasn't bashing Texas or comparing states. I like Dallas and Austin and even Houston is pretty dece. When comparing those 2 cities though, it's just hilarious to think about

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Oh, and we don't have a lot of Mexicans. We have upgraded hispanics who aren't resigned to a life of unskilled labor--and they wisely vote Republican.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The drive between LA and SA ing sucks. I-10 is particularly boring, especially through southern New Mexico. At least on I-40 you can hit the Grand Canyon and Meteor Crater, but it's still not worth doing instead of just taking the 3 hour flight.
    But...what about..."THE THING"!?!?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    MI21, I've taken the trouble of drafting the first day's itinerary during your stay in San Antonio:

8:00 - Wake up, get breakfast.

9:00 - light snack

10:00 - See Alamo

11:00 - eat

Noon - eat

1:00 - eat

2:00 - eat

3:00 - eat

4:00 - eat

5:00 - eat

6:00 - dinner by the Riverwalk

7:30 - Spurs game. halftime and quarter breaks: eat

10:00 - leave

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Miami doesn't have tour guides, unless you're too stupid to find the water. South Beach, Key Biscayne, Coconut Grove, Midtown, the Florida Keys, Bayside/Bayfront Park, cheap cruises, the list literally goes on and on. I also wasn't bashing Texas or comparing states. I like Dallas and Austin and even Houston is pretty dece. When comparing those 2 cities though, it's just hilarious to think about
    I don't really care for Dallas or Houston but have friends in both. There are certain aspects I do like about those cities though, just not my cup of tea. I just don't think I'd ever spend a lot of time or money in Miami, but maybe I'll check out the Bang Bus tour. I went to Orlando once and that was enough. I'll try to send money to Miami if it gets ed up from a hurricane though.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't really care for Dallas or Houston but have friends in both. There are certain aspects I do like about those cities though, just not my cup of tea. I just don't think I'd ever spend a lot of time or money in Miami, but maybe I'll check out the Bang Bus tour. I went to Orlando once and that was enough. I'll try to send money to Miami if it gets ed up from a hurricane though.
    A waste of money IMHO.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Austin s all over Dallas and Houston tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    more Hurricanes have hit Texas the last 20 years than Miami

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    MI21, I've taken the trouble of drafting the first day's itinerary during your stay in San Antonio:

8:00 - Wake up, get breakfast.

9:00 - light snack

10:00 - See Alamo

11:00 - eat

Noon - eat

1:00 - eat

2:00 - eat

3:00 - eat

4:00 - eat

5:00 - eat

6:00 - dinner by the Riverwalk

7:30 - Spurs game. halftime and quarter breaks: eat

10:00 - leave

Inaccurate, but funny nonetheless.
    San Antonio s all over Houston and Dallas too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I would recommend going to Disneyland while in California.
    If you're going to Orlando then avoid Disneyland in Cali and Go to Disneyworld instead.

If I had to pick five must see cities plus San Antonio, I'd go San Fran, Las Vegas, Orlando, Washington DC, New York.

Disneyworld during Christmas season is tremendous, imo.

and there's no way around it, you're going to need to fly to do a coast to coast in 42 days.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    One last parting shot, people tend to have this viewpoint of Miamians having a superficial at ude and that's actually quite correct. We don't take kindly to ugly or fat people down here and only tolerate them if they're rich. That rubs ugly and fat people the wrong way, but what can i say...stop being fat and ugly.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you're going to Orlando then avoid Disneyland in Cali and Go to Disneyworld instead.

If I had to pick five must see cities plus San Antonio, I'd go San Fran, Las Vegas, Orlando, Washington DC, New York.

Disneyworld during Christmas season is tremendous, imo.

and there's no way around it, you're going to need to fly to do a coast to coast in 42 days.
    Un ing believeable, I actually agree with you except on Vegas, unless you are talking about the shows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Damn I forgot New Orleans.

I suggest skipping SA and seeing the Spurs play in another city like NOLA, imo.

It completely sucks that they no longer play downtown by the riverwalk.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    New Orleans is the . I need to go again, had a great time for 3-4 days and avoided Bourbon St evenings/nights. Being able to walk around w/a drink on the street in the afternoon

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    For San Diego, I thought the world famous zoo was crap. If you're into aviation they have the best air and space museum I have ever seen; even better than the national one at the Smithsonian. And you could visit the aircraft carrier and see why David Robinson got that exemption to not have to serve 5 years after graduating the Naval Academy.
    I assume the museum you're referring to is the one in Balboa Park, right? I'm going to SD in the next couple months for the 1st time so I'm definitely going to check that out.

I was reading some reviews about the zoo, and a lot of ppl picked the Safari Park over the zoo easily.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    San Diego, Pizza Port...

Thread Information