All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    yeah won't be tough.

why do you guys get annual leave

americans know nothing but work tbh. it's what we're programmed for.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So in late November, December and early January I will be visiting the states for the first time and will be towing my wife along with me for 42 days. I'm not old at 28, so I'm looking for a pretty active experience while I'm there, I don't want to hike for a week or anything, but I don't want to spend my entire time shopping and eating.

I'm starting in Cali and need some advice and what might be good things to do or good destinations or places to visit. I know all the usuals like Grand Canyon, Vegas, San Fran, LA etc.. but are places like Santa Barbara, San Diego etc worth a visit? What is Yosemite like at that time of year? Lake Tahoe? What are the best things to do in LA? How long is to long in Vegas? My wife has been to LA before and didn't particularly like it but I know there must be loads to do... baseline bum I have seen you talk about California before and you seem to be a ing encyclopaedia. Any tips mate?

I want to make the pilgrimage to SA just for 1 or 2 nights to catch a Spurs game at home.. what else is there to do in or around SA? Is it best to fly there from Cali? We then want to go to New Orleans, Miami then Orlando etc and snake our way up the coast to New York for 10-12 days etc..

Basically, I guess I'm just asking how many nights I may need in various cities to get the most out of it, is there any places that I should definitely avoid, is there any hidden gems that I should definitely get to, what places you just maybe need a day in, what is it like driving through states etc or is it best to bus/train/fly (prefer not to fly everywhere)?

I want to catch NBA games as well along the way, obviously there is no schedule yet but the best place to get tickets at short notice would be where? I will book some, but I hope to buy some late in the piece so I can get some good prices

I know there are a lot of Spurs fans who have done the voyage many times RuffnReadyOzStyle alamo50 I would be interested in hearing your thoughts too along with everyone else.. I'm asking everyone I know because I'm not going to be able to get back to the USA for at least 4-5 years after this, so I wanna do it right..and I'm sure there is lots of knowledge here that can be shared.

Any help is much appreciated!

So how much weight you gain here?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So how much weight you gain here?
    I gained 2.5kg, so about 5.5lbs... was pleased with that. I'm thinking a lot of that came at the end of the trip where I was far less active than the first 4 weeks. To many burgers, to many fries, to much Mexican, to much everything tbh

Absolutely loved your country. California was a real highlight, that drive from San Fran to LA is amazing. Yosemite was great, we had really good weather. Spent nights in a lot of the smaller cities in Cali and loved it to, Monterey/San Luis Ibispo/Santa Barabara etc.

San Antonio was as described, why the is AT&T Center in a location that had me stressed I wasn't carrying a gun? Met a lot of Spurs players (Manu, Boris, Patty, Baynes, Tiago, Marco, Elliott, Danny) and had a really long chat with Chip Engelland, friendly bloke. Boris was probably the coolest of the lot. Disneyworld was ok, the wife loves that . New York was cool, but I do get a little sick of the city after 11 days and the sheer hustle and bustle. Loved Vegas, New Orleans and Miami a lot, would easily go back.

I bumped (literally) into Nicole Sherzinger in NYC, wasn't as hot as I thought she would be. Walked past Solange Knowles in the french quarter, she was extremely hot. Walked past that head Will I Am in Vegas, he was a head as expected. Was beating down on some homie on Venice Beach basketball courts, 5-0, then he quit on me and said he was hurt

Only been back 10 days and am still scheming to get back there, if the Spurs make the finals, I think I'm there

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I gained 2.5kg, so about 5.5lbs... was pleased with that. I'm thinking a lot of that came at the end of the trip where I was far less active than the first 4 weeks. To many burgers, to many fries, to much Mexican, to much everything tbh

Absolutely loved your country. California was a real highlight, that drive from San Fran to LA is amazing. Yosemite was great, we had really good weather. Spent nights in a lot of the smaller cities in Cali and loved it to, Monterey/San Luis Ibispo/Santa Barabara etc.

San Antonio was as described, why the is AT&T Center in a location that had me stressed I wasn't carrying a gun? Met a lot of Spurs players (Manu, Boris, Patty, Baynes, Tiago, Marco, Elliott, Danny) and had a really long chat with Chip Engelland, friendly bloke. Boris was probably the coolest of the lot. Disneyworld was ok, the wife loves that . New York was cool, but I do get a little sick of the city after 11 days and the sheer hustle and bustle. Loved Vegas, New Orleans and Miami a lot, would easily go back.

I bumped (literally) into Nicole Sherzinger in NYC, wasn't as hot as I thought she would be. Walked past Solange Knowles in the french quarter, she was extremely hot. Walked past that head Will I Am in Vegas, he was a head as expected. Was beating down on some homie on Venice Beach basketball courts, 5-0, then he quit on me and said he was hurt

Only been back 10 days and am still scheming to get back there, if the Spurs make the finals, I think I'm there
    So what did your ass do in Yosemite man? The whole state of California is amazing (well, except the Central Valley ).

So when you say San Antonio was as described, you mean there wasn't to do but eat?

As for the AT&T Center, it's in the ghetto because the city of San Antonio kept trying to tie a very expensive renovation of the Convention Center into the arena vote, and the Spurs refused to agree to that plan. Even though they had just won their first le, the arena vote the year before in 98 failed horribly and they were on the verge of packing up and moving to New Orleans or Anaheim. So naturally the Spurs went with a plan that allowed a straight up or down vote on the arena and nothing else. The only way they could do that was going with the county's plan to use their land at the Freeman Coliseum. So the re ed city of San Antonio ed themselves out of a downtown arena that would have brought them a lot of money with all the restaurants and bars around. So instead the only postgame recreation near the AT&T Center are all the fat hookers on New Bruanfels Avenue.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-22-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

we told you to take a gun bro

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

reckon I can get away with booking very little accom and just winging it?

Thread Information