San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/25/55...-for-2-billion

. Every. Single. Thing. About. This.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, so Carmack may soon be working for facebook? I hink Sony's VR set started sounding way better to a lot of people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP DJR210

Pretty sure this news did him in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just rose from my grave like Jesus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minecraft Dev halts talks with Oculus after Facebook news:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/0...k-acquisition/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people who pledged donations on Kickstarter
    people who purchased devkits
    farmville in glorious 3D
    Sony VR it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Talk about screwing your customer base over. Who's going to buy this now so Zuckerberg can track your eye movements? Teenage girls? LMFAO. If they were going to buy it out they should have waited until it was a sure thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Life Invader FTW...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk about screwing your customer base over. Who's going to buy this now so Zuckerberg can track your eye movements? Teenage girls? LMFAO. If they were going to buy it out they should have waited until it was a sure thing.
    they can collect all kinds of biometrics with that thing I imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all seriousness, assuming Zuckerberg doesn't try and make some radical changes to the original vision of the Oculus, I don't see how having a multibillion dollar company backing the development of the product can be a bad thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all seriousness, assuming Zuckerberg doesn't try and make some radical changes to the original vision of the Oculus, I don't see how having a multibillion dollar company backing the development of the product can be a bad thing.
    just observing you moving through the stages of grief tbh

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did the Facebook phone turn out? And that was just a ing phone

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "GoodOdor has just finished watching Gaping Anal s 5 - like this post to unlock the next level!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did the Facebook phone turn out? And that was just a ing phone
    Apples to oranges. That's a phone created and marketed towards the Facebook / social media crowd. This is a VR headset created for gamers but now owned by a social media company.

just observing you moving through the stages of grief tbh
    Chill. Wasn't a must buy to begin with, and I'm not sold with all of the fanboys jumping ship because of the Facebook purchase. This changed nothing for me as I was going to wait for the final product to get reviewed before considering a purchase anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apples to oranges. That's a phone created and marketed towards the Facebook / social media crowd. This is a VR headset created for gamers but now owned by a social media company.

Chill. Wasn't a must buy to begin with, and I'm not sold with all of the fanboys jumping ship because of the Facebook purchase. This changed nothing for me as I was going to wait for the final product to get reviewed before considering a purchase anyways.
    Yeah, they haven't quite ruined Instagram yet, and they have had it for around a year now I guess. If they leave it alone I'm sure it will be great but a lot of people seem genuinely disappointed/ not inclined to purchase one anymore. I have no problem with those dudes getting paid, but if they slap facebook logos on it would be pretty awful imo

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yeah, they haven't quite ruined Instagram yet, and they have had it for around a year now I guess. If they leave it alone I'm sure it will be great but a lot of people seem genuinely disappointed/ not inclined to purchase one anymore. I have no problem with those dudes getting paid, but if they slap facebook logos on it would be pretty awful imo
    That's what I'm saying. Go ahead and sell. Make your money if that's what you want--just not to NSAbook. As far as production goes, if it's just a piece of hardware that isn't going to be polluted with like buttons, wouldn't it have made more sense to sell it to a company that already manufactures computer hardware? Like AMD or NVDIA? , sell it to Google, they have a lot more cash than facebook and are also dataminers, but at least with android they've shown a willingness to play nice with the developer community.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    And if VR ever does reach mass appeal oculus got ripped off by selling for only 2 billion (most of which is facebook paper)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly couldn't tell you about anything social media. I do not and will not ever have a Facebook, or really any of the social media services. It just doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure this is why I am not reacting the way some of the people are on the tech forums to the news, I don't have reason to hate them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if VR ever does reach mass appeal oculus got ripped off by selling for only 2 billion (most of which is facebook paper)
    Ripped off?? That's 2,000 million dollars!! On a company started off of donations to boot?

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Ripped off?? That's 2,000 million dollars!! On a company started off of donations to boot?
    Facebook paid 19 billion for Whatsapp. Not for a technology that if it succeeds the way they want it to will be the second coming of TV.

Thread Information