Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only watched 10 mins or so of tonight's game, how did he look?..
    Lost. But unlike Shannon Brown, he didn't try to dribble his way out of it. Overall, he had a good game, considering expectations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only watched 10 mins or so of tonight's game, how did he look?..
    Terrible on offense, but I thought he was fine on D; he rebounded really well too. What most stood out was how athletic he was next to Houston. Doubt it'll come into play but he's quick enough and has better hands than Errors to be a factor in transition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't look like he can shoot at all. It's a shame, because he has an NBA body and NBA athleticism. Does anyone know if he was only signed for the rest of the season or if he has another year appended to it? He needs a summer with Chip in the worst way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did you guys think of his defense in the game?

Also, I did ask the question above, but no one replied. Has he been known as a defender at all? Throughout his career, I mean. Just curious if he's been a decent defender or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did you guys think of his defense in the game?

Also, I did ask the question above, but no one replied. Has he been known as a defender at all? Throughout his career, I mean. Just curious if he's been a decent defender or not.
    He's good enough physically to be a stifling and versatile defender. But he has a lot to learn to get the mental part down, I feel. He was easily the best defensive wing tonight, but that's not saying much with Beli, Manu and Daye as his main compe ors. He's behind Jospeh in that regard, though, and really far behind the New Two. He's always been a dominant rebounder for his position, however, so he has value in small-ball lineups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't look like he can shoot at all. It's a shame, because he has an NBA body and NBA athleticism. Does anyone know if he was only signed for the rest of the season or if he has another year appended to it? He needs a summer with Chip in the worst way.
    if he can't shoot, or if his technique is not good, how could he have jumped around so much without getting that fixed?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/KONJames10/statu...10563126583296

"My goal is to b one of the best defensive players n the NBA PERIOD!!!!!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone wants to be great on defense, I love that at ude. I'd like to see both Daye and James in TC next season, tbh.

Marcus Eliot Williams Austin_Toros's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why anyone would object to this. Since they're nowhere near the tax, the money is irrelevant, so why wouldn't they spend what amounts to virtually nil for a professional sports franchise to add depth at the one spot they desperately need it at? Besides, physically he's exactly what they need in a depth SF anyway.
    Maybe it's because people rather it be a veteran like Metta World Peace or Earl Clark?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/KONJames10/statu...10563126583296

"My goal is to b one of the best defensive players n the NBA PERIOD!!!!!"
    Try putting your hands up once in a while, especially on an inbounds pass.

I remain unimpressed with his effort level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't see much from him in the few minutes he played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ has BUSTED OUT of his guaranteed rookie deal already. He should be a little hungrier than he appears. It seems he still thinks of himself as a first round pick, when in actuality, he's hanging on to the lowest rung of the NBA scrub ladder with one fingernail.

This is looking more and more like a solid that RC is doing for Rick Barnes, DJ's college coach at UT.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it's because people rather it be a veteran like Metta World Peace or Earl Clark?
    That is exactly why I asked about Damion's defense. If he can't play any defense, then I don't like the signing. I would have preferred someone like Metta World Peace, that is, if Metta was in good enough physical condition to play. I mean, unless he was known for his defense, I don't see why the Spurs signed him. I felt that their main need is/was a backup SF that can play defense if needed in spot minutes.

I like that quote from Damion, but I don't really like his tenacity toward showing it out there on the court. It didn't look like he showed that he really, really wanted it on the defensive side of the ball. That's not good enough if you're trying to make the NBA.

As for Austin Daye, I'm not impressed with him at all. He looked OK in his first couple of games but he's been absolute since then. I wanted him off the court in the 4th quarter of last night's game, didn't think it was a good move to put him out there when the Spurs had a chance to win the game. If Pop was testing him, then he unfortunately he didn't do himself any favours out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I seen an I only watched till halftime. He looked as good as expected. People on here wants the next Leonard. If he was that, then im sure someone else would've picked him up already. He's willing to shoot, pass, rebound, an play defense. What else is expected of the 15th man on the roster!?! He's definitely better than Aryers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he can't shoot, or if his technique is not good, how could he have jumped around so much without getting that fixed?
    He really hasn't moved around much. He was witth the Nets for three years until they failed to pick up his option. Then he was in the d-league until the Spurs picked him up. All that needed to happen was that the Nets coaches were not good at helping James shoot better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I seen an I only watched till halftime. He looked as good as expected. People on here wants the next Leonard. If he was that, then im sure someone else would've picked him up already. He's willing to shoot, pass, rebound, an play defense. What else is expected of the 15th man on the roster!?! He's definitely better than Aryers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems worse than mediocre. Dude is seriously ugly too. I can't recall last shot that Austin Daye made. I hope these two see zero playoff minutes unless it's garbage time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    put me in the "dont understand why people are upset" camp. he's a camp body for next season. he's a body to have on the floor while the starters rest. he won't play a minute in the playoffs. the coaching staff will have a long look at him in the offseason. if there's nothing there, then they cut him with minimal investment. if they can squeeze some kind of NBA quality skill out of him, then they've found someone who can contribute on the cheap.

now if someone has an idea of a better player that could have been signed that can help today, thats a whole different argument. but james' signing is looking towards the future, not as a playoff contributor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but that ship sailed a while back. Looks to me to be a clear case of complaining for the sake of it . . . something I'm vehemently opposed to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to add to the gross overreaction to a single game of meaningless minutes...dude will never overtake Kawhi as the #1 SF on this team tbqh. Waste of space imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to add to the gross overreaction to a single game of meaningless minutes...dude will never overtake Kawhi as the #1 SF on this team tbqh. Waste of space imho.
    would you like me to define the word "backup"... it might be enlightening. those players have roles on teams too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=jermaine;7245268]From what I seen an I only watched till halftime. He looked as good as expected. People on here wants the next Leonard. If he was that, then im sure someone else would've picked him up already. He's willing to shoot, pass, rebound, an play defense. What else is expected of the 15th man on the roster!?! He's definitely better than Aryers![/QUO

+1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't expect the next Leonard. You won't find that on the waiver wire. What I want is EFFORT. This kid is NOT acting like this is another chance. He's acting like he EXPECTS to be in the league next year when he didn't play an NBA game this year until we called his sorry ass up from whatever ing dleague team he was on. Guys on our team with guaranteed contracts expend more effort than DJ does. That's not a good sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "@KONJames10: I wanna thank the SPURS for this amazing opportunity. My contract expired today. Thanks so much from me and my family. Wish u guys the best!"

"@KONJames10: Tim is the best! Legend!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange. I don't see why the Spurs didn't bring him back. Are they even allowed to sign someone just for the playoffs?

Thread Information