Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure the exact details as a friend of mine, who is close with Damion, just told me about this.

My guess is Spurs signed him to a non-guaranteed deal for the remaining of this year and next year.

Good compe ion for Daye for the next 6-7 months as Bonner's roster spot will need to be replaced. My guess is the FO would like to fill the spot with the best value as possible-- due to potential new deals with Patty/Bobo.

Confirmed: Spurs sign Damion James to a 10 day deal.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 04-02-2014 at 02:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sup Tres.

Makes sense. Practice body for the playoffs and a trade asset for possible summer moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sup Tres.

Makes sense. Practice body for the playoffs and a trade asset for possible summer moves.
    and maybe sell some extra tickets for the toros when he plays for them. nothing more i think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and maybe sell some extra tickets for the toros when he plays for them. nothing more i think
    Yeah, much greater chance of being of a future Toro than a future Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine

Hearing San Antonio, with those 18 wins in a row, are about to dip into the @nbadleague again and sign Damion Jones to a 10-day deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sup Tres.

Sup Mel 13

How is everything?

Just saw on Twitter that its a 10 day deal (for now).

Spurs will need an extra body for tomorrow night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he eligible for the playoffs in the unlikely case we need him to spot minutes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup Mel 13

How is everything?

Just saw on Twitter that its a 10 day deal (for now).

Spurs will need an extra body for tomorrow night.
    All is well. Hope the same is true for you.

An Ayres, Daye, James front court on TNT would be hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he eligible for the playoffs in the unlikely case we need him to spot minutes?
    If they eventually sign him for the rest of the season, then yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure the exact details as a friend of mine, who is close with Damion, just told me about this.

My guess is Spurs signed him to a non-guaranteed deal for the remaining of this year and next year.

Good compe ion for Daye for the next 6-7 months as Bonner's roster spot will need to be replaced. My guess is the FO would like to fill the spot with the best value as possible-- due to potential new deals with Patty/Bobo.
    Don't see why they would replace Bonner... Has Bonner said he wanted to retire?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted the Spurs to pick him in 2010. Injuries derailed his career, but he's never looked all that great.

The Spurs usually like to give their 10-day guys decent playing time to evaluate them. Does this mean Green is going to sit out some time? Either way, it seems to imply the team sees Daye as a forward and not a wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted the Spurs to pick him in 2010. Injuries derailed his career, but he's never looked all that great.

The Spurs usually like to give their 10-day guys decent playing time to evaluate them. Does this mean Green is going to sit out some time? Either way, it seems to imply the team sees Daye as a forward and not a wing.
    Even more precisely, that they see him as a stretch 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense with Daye out. Especially with Durant tomorrow..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always liked him back in his Texas days playing alongside Durant and D.J. Augustin. He was a bust with the Nets though. Don't expect anything from him here, either. Just a seat filler. Will probably get some run when we rest our guys for the playoffs though.

Last edited by BatManu20; 04-02-2014 at 02:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even more precisely, that they see him as a stretch 4.
    Yeah. I was thinking how the Warriors see Draymond Green as a stretch-four they'll play at the three in certain situations.

Shame Daye got hurt. The PF depth is really bad right now. At least the Warriors are likely to play small a lot tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least the Warriors are likely to play small a lot tonight.
    Guaranteed.

He certainly plays hard, can create some havoc and win 50-50 balls. That is, if he gets any PT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most recent highlights from a game with the Texas Legends where he dropped 34 pts and 19 rbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I was thinking how the Warriors see Draymond Green as a stretch-four they'll play at the three in certain situations.

Shame Daye got hurt. The PF depth is really bad right now. At least the Warriors are likely to play small a lot tonight.
    I wouldn't say the PF depth is bad. Duncan starts at PF alongside Splitter, Diaw is his backup, Leonard can play PF in a small lineup, and Bonner is a fourth option. For a playoff rotation, we need only two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say the PF depth is bad. Duncan starts at PF alongside Splitter, Diaw is his backup, Leonard can play PF in a small lineup, and Bonner is a fourth option. For a playoff rotation, we need only two.
    Neither Duncan nor Splitter count as PFs in my book. Diaw is the top PF with Bonner as his backup and Leonard and Daye filling in the cracks. I agree with you that with Duncan and Splitter starting, it's not a big deal. But when the Spurs start resting people, the lack of any big with range and mobility outside of Diaw will show.

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they eventually sign him for the rest of the season, then yes.
    I thought the playoff roster was set on March 1 (Playoff Eligibility Waiver Deadline) or does that only apply to players waived from an NBA team where this guy is a dleaguer and is thus eligible?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the playoff roster was set on March 1 (Playoff Eligibility Waiver Deadline) or does that only apply to players waived from an NBA team where this guy is a dleaguer and is thus eligible?
    Players that have not played in the NBA this season can be signed until the final day of the regular and be playoff eligible.

Players that did play in the NBA this season had to be waived by March 1st. Then they can signed up until the final day of the regular season and are playoff eligible.

Players waived after March 1st (like Ben Gordon), can be signed but are not playoff eligible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs needa C not a PF!

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already better than Errors.

Thread Information