Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Seriously though.

Kohl's.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It shows where both programs are. When we sucked, we loved these moments because that's all we had. Roles are completely reversed now and it's a beautiful thing. Sumlin will just land another 5 star and this guy won't see the field. No big deal.
    You lost 4 games last year and ags are picked by Vegas to only win 7 games this year. Failing to make the connection to how 4th place division finish puts you at top of heap. Yes Sumlin can recruit and if he keeps it up in 2-3 years you'll likely have success if Sumlin can keep things together but you're bragging on potential that hasn't materialized yet. Not arguing that Texas is in better position as I expect both teams to have lots of losses this year but at same time not getting the connection of argument made.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    part of the problem with recruiting is that the more you get from the top the more likely you are going to inherit the baggage of the self-en led d-bags. UT had several during the mack brown era and sumlin now has way too many as far as i'm concerned. sumlin is clearly fine with it although it makes me far less comfortable. i know that not everyone on the team you root for is a saint but it does get to the point where it gets ridiculous. it will be interesting to see how much of a disciplinarian strong turns out to be once he starts landing the big names (unless his reputation prevents him from landing many).

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    part of the problem with recruiting is that the more you get from the top the more likely you are going to inherit the baggage of the self-en led d-bags. UT had several during the mack brown era and sumlin now has way too many as far as i'm concerned. sumlin is clearly fine with it although it makes me far less comfortable. i know that not everyone on the team you root for is a saint but it does get to the point where it gets ridiculous. it will be interesting to see how much of a disciplinarian strong turns out to be once he starts landing the big names (unless his reputation prevents him from landing many).
    That's an interesting point. Probably a lot of truth in it.

the only program that seems immune to that d-bag diva factor is Alabama

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    That's an interesting point. Probably a lot of truth in it.

and bama is so loaded with talent that saban has the luxury of being able to dump a trouble-making blue chip at the sign of trouble. if i recall they had some key players whot got into some trouble a couple of years ago and within a month or so they were off the team.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Their coach is the biggest bag diva of all, tbh....

Post Count
    I didn't make this, but lol.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    manziel's photo is still the best lol

Post Count
    manziel's photo is still the best lol
    looks like he's straight out of American History X in that photo.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    "yesoffiser"

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Darian committing future crime

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count

Aggy
    lying
    cheating
    stealing
    tolerating those who do

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol Sumlin. Warned aggie about this er.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    lol Sumlin. Warned aggie about this er.
    Lol what. This comes with the territory when recruiting the top talent around the country. A&M needs to change some things obviously but schools tend to have more disciplinary problems with higher rated recruits when compared to two and three star recruits for example. If you aren't that talented to begin with, AND you have a bad at ude, it's easy to say no to you. If you have all the talent in the world, coaches are willing to take the chance on you.

For example, A Georgia D-Lineman just got arrested today on assault. Georgia also picked up two new five star recruits today as well. That's the way it goes.

Texas had the same problems when they were recruiting at this level. Obviously, they aren't anymore as we all know.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol what. This comes with the territory when recruiting the top talent around the country. A&M needs to change some things obviously but schools tend to have more disciplinary problems with higher rated recruits when compared to two and three star recruits for example. If you aren't that talented to begin with, AND you have a bad at ude, it's easy to say no to you. If you have all the talent in the world, coaches are willing to take the chance on you.

For example, A Georgia D-Lineman just got arrested today on assault. Georgia also picked up two new five star recruits today as well. That's the way it goes.

Texas had the same problems when they were recruiting at this level. Obviously, they aren't anymore as we all know.
    You are forgetting one thing. A&M is having these problems before WINNING anything. Not even ONE BCS bowl. Texas' recent problems came after winning a championship and getting to another, when Mack stopped giving a and complacency set in. It's completely different, A&M is not a big time program to be having such problems. They are having these problems after two non BCS bowl years, and don't think recruits aren't noticing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    don't think recruits aren't noticing.
    If this is how we recruit with them "noticing" then I have no idea how amazing it would be if they weren't.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Gregg Tapper, "A&M gave up 7.97 y/a on 3rd and 3-or-less in 2013, second-worst average in the nation. That's why front seven losses are concerning."

David Wunderlich, "Also, A&M allowed nearly EIGHT yards per carry on third and short last year. That's uh less than stellar."

David Wunderlich, "Since 2008, no one in the SEC allowed more than 5.41 YPC on third-and-short. And then boom, 7.97 for A&M last year."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If this is how we recruit with them "noticing" then I have no idea how amazing it would be if they weren't.
    Recruiting means nothing if you can't coach em up.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Recruiting means nothing if you can't coach em up.
    No one is debating that. Not sure what that has to do with recruits noticing people getting arrested though.

Post Count
    Clearly, recruits don't care that much. #thuglife

Thread Information