Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I can gather one of the the main beef (pun intended) the guy has is they just want him off the land no matter what and he doesn't want to leave.

Originally the grazing fees were intended to fund improvements to the area (like fences) so the ranchers accepted them and paid them. Then they started using the fees to buy out the ranchers and get them off the land. He is the last hold-out.

Only when he stopped cooperating they went to the endangered tortoise card to get him kicked off the land. Then they got courts to go along with it and etc etc.

From his point of view it's basically a federal land grab which he sees as illegal since the fix was in from day 1. They just used whatever means they could to get their pre-planned objective achieved.
    What does the fed want to do with the land?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you not think the ties between Reid, his son, and Kornze are the least bit concerning?
    No, but I'm not that familiar with the situation. What should I be concerned with?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I can gather one of the the main beef (pun intended) the guy has is they just want him off the land no matter what and he doesn't want to leave.

Originally the grazing fees were intended to fund improvements to the area (like fences) so the ranchers accepted them and paid them. Then they started using the fees to buy out the ranchers and get them off the land. He is the last hold-out.

Only when he stopped cooperating they went to the endangered tortoise card to get him kicked off the land. Then they got courts to go along with it and etc etc.

From his point of view it's basically a federal land grab which he sees as illegal since the fix was in from day 1. They just used whatever means they could to get their pre-planned objective achieved.
    I think the main beef is that he and his family doesn't think the federal government has authority over him. Sooner or later they'll find out how wrong they are.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What does the fed want to do with the land?
    No idea. Maybe that solar plant maybe something else. Maybe nothing.

The big picture is its part of a plan to stop all the small time ranching. It's appears to have been going on for a while . Like I said, he's the last holdout in the area. I have no idea what they used the other land for.

Oh, the government also seems have personally exterminated a whole bunch of those tortoises themselves.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I think the main beef is that he and his family doesn't think the federal government has authority over him. Sooner or later they'll find out how wrong they are.
    As a practical matter you're probably right.

My guess is he has a heart attack any day now.

"Land of the free"

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No, but I'm not that familiar with the situation. What should I be concerned with?
    Never took you for one to support crony capitalism.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How is the federal government grabbing land that already belongs to the federal government?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a practical matter you're probably right.

My guess is he has a heart attack any day now.

"Land of the free"
    His kids don't sound much different, tbh... I understand that cowboy stories are sexy and nostalgic but this isn't the far west anymore... these days this kind of stuff get settled in a court of law.

If you think otherwise, then don't be surprised when SWAT/Sniper team shows up.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Statist shills getting blown the out ITT

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Let's see here....we've got the Senate majority leader's former senior advisor as the director of the BLM, all the while the Senate majority leader's son is representing a firm trying to build a 5 billion dollar solar farm in Nevada desert and he needs land. Wonder how they'll work that one out.

Must be nice to be able to enact new regulations and force citizens out whenever you need land.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    How is the federal government grabbing land that already belongs to the federal government?
    By getting his cattle off of it so it can be used for other purposes.

Legally they can't just say, go away. They have to make it legal so the nose breathers can blame the rancher for squatting in a place his family has worked for over 100 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see here....we've got the Senate majority leader's former senior advisor as the director of the BLM, all the while the Senate majority leader's son is representing a firm trying to build a 5 billion dollar solar farm in Nevada desert and he needs land. Wonder how they'll work that one out.

Must be nice to be able to enact new regulations and force citizens out whenever you need land.
    Is the Chinese plant to be located on the Bundyville plot?

Yes or no.

By getting his cattle off of it so it can be used for other purposes.
    So they aren't grabbing any land and not using it for any other purpose.

Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Is the Chinese plant to be located on the Bundyville plot?

Yes or no.

So they aren't grabbing any land and not using it for any other purpose.

Thanks.
    o Mr. literal.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Question would be was the land acquired by the government previously done legitimately, or were the other ranchers forced out by not being able to afford the costly new regulations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eminent domain is part of the Cons ution, and predates it from Common Law. The government always had the power, they just had to make up the excuse.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Legally they can't just say, go away. They have to make it legal so the mouth breathers can blame the rancher for squatting in a place his family has worked for over 100 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    o, Mr. Innuendo.

Question would be was the land acquired by the government previously done legitimately, or were the other ranchers forced out by not being able to afford the costly new regulations.
    They were absolutely done legitimately. you posted the entire legal history. dude should have been off the land 20 years ago -- long before this Reid bull you are trying to push.

I ask again -- is the Chinese plaint going to be located on the Bundyville plot.

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legally they can't just say, go away. They have to make it legal so the mouth breathers can blame the rancher for squatting in a place his family has worked for over 100 years.
    So there is no way you could consider this legitimate because it insults your political sensibilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, legally they can certainly tell him to go away. They just have to compensate him for whatever they think it's "just"... unfortunately all those missed payments will be part of the discount.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I believe he stopped paying the fees when they told him he could only graze 150 cattle there. I'm sure in 10 years they would have reduced it to 50.

Soon they'd just outlaw it altogether.

But the courts go along with it so its "legal" and how dare he complain! How dare he not want to fund the instrument of his own destruction!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe he stopped paying the fees when they told him he could only graze 150 cattle there. I'm sure in 10 years they would have reduced it to 50.

Soon they'd just outlaw it altogether.

But the courts go along with it so its "legal" and how dare he complain! How dare he not want to fund the instrument of his own destruction!!!!
    So due to your political beliefs, there is no way the federal government can ever have a legitimate reason for changing the way its land is used.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    No, legally they can certainly tell him to go away. They just have to compensate him for whatever they think it's "just"... unfortunately all those missed payments will be part of the discount.
    But they didn't use emminent domain.

Legally the man is clearly in the wrong (though he argues differently and no court would buy it.) The point is the laws are unjust and are being applied vindictively to this guy. Hence why its a fight over "freedom"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they didn't use imminent domain.

Legally the man is clearly in the wrong. The point is the laws are unjust and are being applied vindictively to this guy. Hence why its a fight over "freedom"
    Sorry, people who don't pay rent get evicted.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    They were absolutely done legitimately. you posted the entire legal history. dude should have been off the land 20 years ago -- long before this Reid bull you are trying to push.
    You believe the in ial fees for a tortoise that may or may not have been endangered are legitimate?

I ask again -- is the Chinese plaint going to be located on the Bundyville plot.

Yes or no.
    I'll let you know when Harry Reid replies to my email. Could take a while.

You can't keep ignoring that the positions the three of these men hold is a serious conflict of interest.

Let's play the yes or no game you so love to partake in.

Is the possibility for crony capitalism EXTREMELY high when you have Reid, Reid, and Kornze in the mix?

Yes or no?

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Sorry, people who don't pay rent get evicted.
    So if the government decided to fine you if anyone in your house was over 4 feet tall you'd be cool with that?

Thread Information