Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I'm glad that we now have to become expert litigators on the subject to satisfy your burden of proof.

Or you could look yourself. But you already know the answer of course so there's no need.

Its really just government encroachment on their property rights. The grazing law was brought in and accepted under one premise, and is then used by the BLM for another. That's a bait and switch. When stores do that we get upset, (it's their sales technique after all) but when the government does it you say its A-ok.

I'm saying you shouldn't be surprised when people get mad.

This is all coming down to power anyway. The law of conquest is the oldest law in existence.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    You know Chump, cir stantial evidence is still evidence.

If you see a smoldering pile of ashes where a house used to stand, but you didn't see the fire, do you think it's likely that the house burned down?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reid, Reid, Kornze. Stop focusing exclusively on Bundy. You can not deny there is a bigger agenda, you are not naive.
    So Reid started planning this back in 1993?

God you are stupid.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So Reid started planning this back in 1993?

God you are stupid.
    Where did I ever imply that? I believe Reid is a crook and have given proof to support this (not once refute), never once said this was planned by him in 1993. Bundy is a new target for him because he was able to get his ex-senior advisor named director of the BLM. Do you know how many contributors of Reid's have been jailed? Care to guess? Do you know of all the shady land dealings he's been linked to in Las Vegas?

Have at it. A whole web page do enting Reid's corruption. But yeah you're right, nothing shady going on at the Bundy ranch.

http://www.futurnamics.com/reid_bundyranch.php

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Although very different from the Bundy situation it's not the first time the BLM has been proven to be crooks.

U.S. vs Hage

http://www.tsln.com/agliving/farming...111/story.html

The Court found, “In the present case, the Government’s actions over the past two decades shocks the conscience of the Court…”. This finding, coupled with the Court’s finding that agents of the BLM and the USFS engaged in a conspiracy to deprive the Hage family of their vested property rights, opens the door to potential lawsuits against the individual agents personally for their uncons utional actions.

The ruling chronicles the drama of 21-day trial in Reno, NV last spring between rancher Wayne N. Hage who, unable to afford an attorney, represented himself, and Mark Pollot, the Estate’s attorney, who were defending their case against two federal agencies represented by a cadre of attorneys and staff from the Justice Department.

The Court noted the government’s motive for their pursuit of the present trespass case. ”In 2007…the Government brought the present civil trespass action against Hage and the Estate” because the USFS and BLM were “unsatisfied with the outcome” in the ongoing related 1991 Cons utional Fifth Amendment takings case of Hage v. U.S. before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (CFC).

However, during the pendency of the trespass case, the agencies pursued remedies outside the jurisdiction of the Court, leading to a referral to the U.S. Attorney for obstruction of justice and findings of contempt of court. Specifically, the BLM invited others, including Mr. Gary Snow of Fallon, to apply for grazing permits on allotments where the Hages previously had permits; the BLM testified they knew Snow’s cattle would use Hage waters; the BLM and USFS both applied to the State of Nevada for stock watering rights over Hage waters, even though neither agency owns cattle, for the “purpose of obtaining rights for third parties other than Hage in order to interfere with Hage’s rights;” and they attempted to intimidate witnesses in the trespass case by issuing trespass notices and demands for payments against persons who had cattle pastured at Pine Creek Ranch, despite having been notified that Hage was responsible for these cattle.

Judge Jones reasoned the trespass notices and demands for payment were meant “to pressure other parties not to do business with the Hages, and even to discourage or punish testimony in the present case.” The Court noted such demands for payment were even issued to “witnesses soon after they testified in this case.”

Tonopah BLM Manager, Tom Seley and Forest Ranger, Steve Williams were both found to be in contempt of court, and were referred to the U.S. Attorney for possible prosecution for criminal obstruction of justice. Noting that Seley and Williams knew of ongoing litigation between the parties in this court and the CFC, they “took actions to interfere with the defense of the present trespass action by intimidating witnesses.” A written order is pending from the separate August 2012 contempt hearing.

The Court stated, “In summary, the government officials, and perhaps also Mr. Snow, entered into a literal, intentional conspiracy to deprive the Hages not only of their permits but also their vested water rights. This behavior shocks the conscience of the Court and provides a sufficient basis for a finding of irreparable harm” to support permanent injunctive relief.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad that we now have to become expert litigators on the subject to satisfy your burden of proof.

Or you could look yourself. But you already know the answer of course so there's no need.

Its really just government encroachment on their property rights. The grazing law was brought in and accepted under one premise, and is then used by the BLM for another. That's a bait and switch. When stores do that we get upset, (it's their sales technique after all) but when the government does it you say its A-ok.

I'm saying you shouldn't be surprised when people get mad.

This is all coming down to power anyway. The law of conquest is the oldest law in existence.
    it is not bundy's property

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know Chump, cir stantial evidence is still evidence.

If you see a smoldering pile of ashes where a house used to stand, but you didn't see the fire, do you think it's likely that the house burned down?
    If I see that a dude hasn't paid fees for 20 years, that dude is freeloading and needs to get his cattle off the land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you're saying is you can't support someone who refuses to obey what they consider to be an unjust law.

Obviously consequences will follow. But today's law isn't something set in stone delivered from God on high.

People do what they think they must to protect themselves.

It also depends if you think we live in civilized society instead of one where the criminals run everything.
    The process to enact laws hasn't changed in over a century. You could say that people's interests have, which is pretty normal. There's always winners and losers in rule making, and that's not even cir scribed to government.

And yeah, I'm not really a fan of people breaking the law. I think it's a dangerous slippery slope, no matter who does it, big corps or the little guy.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I've never once been in on any conspiracy theories thrown around here on the board, not once, so to be labeled a twoofer is odd.

Anyone who doesn't think Harry Reid is a crook is blind. It's scary he's been in power this long after everything he has been linked to in Nevada, even scarier he's the third most powerful person in office right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they didn't use emminent domain.

Legally the man is clearly in the wrong (though he argues differently and no court would buy it.) The point is the laws are unjust and are being applied vindictively to this guy. Hence why its a fight over "freedom"
    Unjust? In 1993, he was told reduce his herd for overgrazing. He was supposed to only have 150 head on the range and in 1994 he was ordered off the range for having 400. In 1998, federal court first ordered him off of the land and when Bunker appealed, he lost. He decided to keep on anyway. He ignored the order and now has ~900.

This has gone back and forth and Bunker has threatened a 'range war' threatening violence on LMRA and BLM people who have tried to get him to remove the herd.

It's been over 15 years of federal court orders that he disregards. What is just here then? It's ing stupid that right wing GOP rank and file eat this up like Bunker is some sort of white knight out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although very different from the Bundy situation it's not the first time the BLM has been proven to be crooks.

U.S. vs Hage

http://www.tsln.com/agliving/farming...111/story.html

The Court found, “In the present case, the Government’s actions over the past two decades shocks the conscience of the Court…”. This finding, coupled with the Court’s finding that agents of the BLM and the USFS engaged in a conspiracy to deprive the Hage family of their vested property rights, opens the door to potential lawsuits against the individual agents personally for their uncons utional actions.

The ruling chronicles the drama of 21-day trial in Reno, NV last spring between rancher Wayne N. Hage who, unable to afford an attorney, represented himself, and Mark Pollot, the Estate’s attorney, who were defending their case against two federal agencies represented by a cadre of attorneys and staff from the Justice Department.

The Court noted the government’s motive for their pursuit of the present trespass case. ”In 2007…the Government brought the present civil trespass action against Hage and the Estate” because the USFS and BLM were “unsatisfied with the outcome” in the ongoing related 1991 Cons utional Fifth Amendment takings case of Hage v. U.S. before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (CFC).

However, during the pendency of the trespass case, the agencies pursued remedies outside the jurisdiction of the Court, leading to a referral to the U.S. Attorney for obstruction of justice and findings of contempt of court. Specifically, the BLM invited others, including Mr. Gary Snow of Fallon, to apply for grazing permits on allotments where the Hages previously had permits; the BLM testified they knew Snow’s cattle would use Hage waters; the BLM and USFS both applied to the State of Nevada for stock watering rights over Hage waters, even though neither agency owns cattle, for the “purpose of obtaining rights for third parties other than Hage in order to interfere with Hage’s rights;” and they attempted to intimidate witnesses in the trespass case by issuing trespass notices and demands for payments against persons who had cattle pastured at Pine Creek Ranch, despite having been notified that Hage was responsible for these cattle.

Judge Jones reasoned the trespass notices and demands for payment were meant “to pressure other parties not to do business with the Hages, and even to discourage or punish testimony in the present case.” The Court noted such demands for payment were even issued to “witnesses soon after they testified in this case.”

Tonopah BLM Manager, Tom Seley and Forest Ranger, Steve Williams were both found to be in contempt of court, and were referred to the U.S. Attorney for possible prosecution for criminal obstruction of justice. Noting that Seley and Williams knew of ongoing litigation between the parties in this court and the CFC, they “took actions to interfere with the defense of the present trespass action by intimidating witnesses.” A written order is pending from the separate August 2012 contempt hearing.

The Court stated, “In summary, the government officials, and perhaps also Mr. Snow, entered into a literal, intentional conspiracy to deprive the Hages not only of their permits but also their vested water rights. This behavior shocks the conscience of the Court and provides a sufficient basis for a finding of irreparable harm” to support permanent injunctive relief.
    Well you certainly are trying hard for the guilt by association schtick.

The order came from federal court 4 separate times. The BLM is the enforcement arm for the interior ministry. Who do you think made the order to call off the dogs? BLM chief? Secretary of the Interior? POTUS? I think any of those could at the very least meet a circuit court judge head on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never once been in on any conspiracy theories thrown around here on the board, not once, so to be labeled a twoofer is odd.

Anyone who doesn't think Harry Reid is a crook is blind. It's scary he's been in power this long after everything he has been linked to in Nevada, even scarier he's the third most powerful person in office right now.
    Well, you were shown where the ENN project was going to be built. You were talking about a 'solar range.' You are right they are in the middle of a large stretch of flat desert good for solar. Bravo!

You making the leap without cause when they bought the land around Laughlin already is hilarious. You still double down on it. You guys are literally parroting the breitbart and infowars narrative about 'you don't really think it's about the turtle?' You think this is the first rancher displaced and butthurt because of the endangered species act?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Has Harry Reid been linked to numerous scandalous land dealings in Nevada yes or no?

Is Harry Reid's senior advisor now the director of the BLM yes or no?

Is Harry Reid's son representing a firm with a $5 billion dollar project in Nevada yes or no?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_1687.html

From April 11, 2014 at 2140 UTC
    To May 11, 2014 at 1434 UTC

No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).

ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF BLM ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Well, you were shown where the ENN project was going to be built. You were talking about a 'solar range.' You are right they are in the middle of a large stretch of flat desert good for solar. Bravo!

You making the leap without cause when they bought the land around Laughlin already is hilarious. You still double down on it. You guys are literally parroting the breitbart and infowars narrative about 'you don't really think it's about the turtle?' You think this is the first rancher displaced and butthurt because of the endangered species act?
    Water rights. Bravo!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Harry Reid been linked to numerous scandalous land dealings in Nevada yes or no?

Is Harry Reid's son representing a firm with a $5 billion dollar project in Nevada yes or no?
    What project are they running north of Lake Mead? BLM and LMRA ordered him off in 1994. They are simply reinforcing that same order. Again federal court got involved in 1998. Reid involved then?

Your innuendo in place of fact is pretty contemptible really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And lets be clear here. The order to seize the cattle came from federal court twice in the last year.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Reid helped good friend and bigtime lawyer/lobbyist Harvey Whittemore procure environmental waivers for the Coyote Springs golf and residential development, a short distance from the Bundy Ranch. L.A. Times did a big expose on Reid and Coyote Springs special deals for Whittemore. Reid was happy to let Brightsource propose to cover 8,300 acres of tortoise land of the 42,000-acre Coyote Springs. These included powerline changes and most importantly, a land swap with BLM for Desert Tortoise land. Whittemore claims Harry had nothing to do with the dubious Tortoise landswap. Whittemore will be serving two years for illegal contributions to Reid.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What project are they running north of Lake Mead? BLM and LMRA ordered him off in 1994. They are simply reinforcing that same order. Again federal court got involved in 1998. Reid involved then?

Three simple yes or no questions and you failed to answer a single one. Try again, yes or no will suffice.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Follow the money Fuzzy.

Currently, water rights in Nevada run anywhere from $7,000 to $50,000 per acre-foot (depending on the time of year and the amount of rainfall or snowfall in the western region). The water in Nevada is then auctioned, as it has been for at least twenty-five years. That same water can be resold in Las Vegas, Arizona, or Southern California.

Bunkerville in Nevada is ensconced between the Virgin River and the main road, Riverside Road. The Virgin River is a tributary to Lake Mead. The river, along with other sources, discharges into Lake Mead, the largest reservoir in the United States. Both the Virgin River and Lake Mead are part of the Colorado River Basin. In fact, Lake Mead is considered the largest surface water collection for the Colorado River. Whoever controls the water controls the vast wealth that is distributed to a network of states at a crucial time during a water shortage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three simple yes or no questions and you failed to answer a single one.
    Slow down...you gotta give Fuzzy time to google his answers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three simple yes or no questions and you failed to answer a single one. Try again, yes or no will suffice.

In a way linked to this dispute? No.

He was not the one who made the initial order off of federal land so again besides the point.

The project again is south of Lake Mead.

I answered your questions before you are just too stupid to understand and can only think in terms of yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Follow the money Fuzzy.

Currently, water rights in Nevada run anywhere from $7,000 to $50,000 per acre-foot (depending on the time of year and the amount of rainfall or snowfall in the western region). The water in Nevada is then auctioned, as it has been for at least twenty-five years. That same water can be resold in Las Vegas, Arizona, or Southern California.

Bunkerville in Nevada is ensconced between the Virgin River and the main road, Riverside Road. The Virgin River is a tributary to Lake Mead. The river, along with other sources, discharges into Lake Mead, the largest reservoir in the United States. Both the Virgin River and Lake Mead are part of the Colorado River Basin. In fact, Lake Mead is considered the largest surface water collection for the Colorado River. Whoever controls the water controls the vast wealth that is distributed to a network of states at a crucial time during a water shortage.
    So you have moved on from solar to water. Nice. What is next? Mineral rights?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reid helped good friend and bigtime lawyer/lobbyist Harvey Whittemore procure environmental waivers for the Coyote Springs golf and residential development, a short distance from the Bundy Ranch. L.A. Times did a big expose on Reid and Coyote Springs special deals for Whittemore. Reid was happy to let Brightsource propose to cover 8,300 acres of tortoise land of the 42,000-acre Coyote Springs. These included powerline changes and most importantly, a land swap with BLM for Desert Tortoise land. Whittemore claims Harry had nothing to do with the dubious Tortoise landswap. Whittemore will be serving two years for illegal contributions to Reid.
    That is great and all but 900 head on that range especially given the drought is unacceptable. Not paying your fees for twenty years and ignoring federal circuit judges is unacceptable.

And as has been pointed out to you before, that is what court is for. He had his day in court regarding use of that land and lost. It is what it is.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So you have moved on from solar to water. Nice. What is next? Mineral rights?
    I've always looked at the big picture.

Thread Information