Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DAMN

Mike Chiappetta MMA @MikeChiappetta
    Terrible news about Stefan Struve, apparently he blacked out in locker room, and his fight is scratched. Hope he's OK. #UFC175

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Wow...what a great ing fight. Money well spent.

Good fight! Weidman is good but he'll lose soon. No way have the sustained success of Jon Jones let alone Anderson Silva.

Post Count
    ...what? He just beat the second best fighter in the division. Who at 185 is beating him?

Post Count
    Good fight! Weidman is good but he'll lose soon. No way have the sustained success of Jon Jones let alone Anderson Silva.
    Yeah, no way he's as good as Silva! Especially after completely dominating Silva twice then making Machida look like an ordinary fighter for 4 out of 5 rounds.

NO one is beating Weidman at Middleweight for a long while.

Wiedman is good, and maybe he won't lose that soon, but I have no reason to believe he'll ever be as good as Jones or Silva like some say he will be. Machida is past his prime, and with the exception of the 3rd round, he did not look dominate at all. Machida won the 4th round, and the 5th round was close, but at that point Weidman went conservative to waste time and win by decision. He's good, but I keep hearing people talk about how he's going to be as good as Jones and Silva, not gonna happen. He just got really lucky twice and beat a fighter past his prime.

Post Count
    Great fight 2 warriors going at it that is what MMA is all about..

Weidman looked gassed out and done after round 4 but dug deep and showed why he will likely be champ for some time to come in the 5th..

I feel awful for Struve and his career may now be over..

Ronda is incredible.. She really is..

Post Count
    Wiedman is good, and maybe he won't lose that soon, but I have no reason to believe he'll ever be as good as Jones or Silva like some say he will be. Machida is past his prime, and with the exception of the 3rd round, he did not look dominate at all. Machida won the 4th round, and the 5th round was close, but at that point Weidman went conservative to waste time and win by decision. He's good, but I keep hearing people talk about how he's going to be as good as Jones and Silva, not gonna happen. He just got really lucky twice and beat a fighter past his prime.
    I don't think he has the same level of talent that Jones and Silva have but he is still developing and has a lot of tools.. He also showed heart tonight and a good chin..

I don't think he has the same level of talent that Jones and Silva have but he is still developing and has a lot of tools.. He also showed heart tonight and a good chin..
    Yeah he has a great chin, no doubt about that. He took Machida's punches like they were a slap from a high school girl, not named Ronda Rousey.

Post Count
    I guess that Vitor is next if he can ever get his license together.. Off that TRT crap Weidman will mop the floor with him..

Rhona looked pretty pissed about Rogan putting her on the spot like that in regards to fighting again in August. You could see Dana running over to her trying to smooth things over. haha

Imagine training for months only to lose in 16 seconds.

Post Count
    The are you talking about? He didn't get lucky, he knocked him the out in one fight, and then broke his leg in the rematch. Luck is pulling a miracle triangle on your opponent in the 5th round after you've been completely dominated.

Anyways, he's already destroyed Silva twice and now he utterly overwhelmed his bff Machida. I wonder who's next? Another brazilian for him to tear through?

Post Count
    Weidman is the most underestimated athlete in the UFC right now. Even if he beats Machida it will be because Lyoto was passive and didn't fight his fight (nevermind that it's Weidman that can take any fighter out of their game). There hasn't even been a fight that has made him sweat yet, and that includes some cards against really good fighters even disregarding Silva. Machida is a really tough matchup for anyone but Weidman is among the most complete fighters in the game right now. His reactions and timings are literally off the charts. I just don't see Machida being able to mount effective offense against his pressure.

Weidman's entire game isn't about fighting his fight, it's about disrupting the out of what you want to do. He destroyed Silva twice and in both fights had Silva in serious trouble before "he got lucky". Weidman is above average at everything, and excellent at some things (defense, timing/reactions, pressure, wrestling). Machida was seriously one of the only fighters that has a chance to beat him because he's one of the best counter-oriented styles in the game. It didn't even matter, Weidman walked through him. That was NOT a close fight last night.

Weidman has never even really been in trouble in 11 fights. He's beaten Uriah Hall (in 3 minutes no less), destroyed Damian Maia, tore apart Munoz like no one has EVER done, annihilated the Spider twice, and then last night completely outclassed a dangerous Machida that was supposed to be a wrecking ball in that weight division.

If/when he fights Belfort, it's going to end really badly, probably early for Vitor. He's going to come in swinging, and find himself on his back with a hail of elbows in his face. The only way you're going to beat Weidman for the next 3-5 years is through a single well-timed shot or by being an absolute beast at everything in the cage. The new blood is here, and if you're not well-rounded at everything you don't stand a chance. The days of one-weapon fighters like Liddell and Hughes are over.

I guess I'm not as big on Weidman as others, and I could be very wrong, maybe he will be great. However, does anyone think he'd stand a chance against Jones? I'm already hearing talks of that in the future assuming Jones takes care of Gus.

Post Count
    Jones is probably going to lose(again lol) to Gus, tbh.

Post Count
    I guess I'm not as big on Weidman as others, and I could be very wrong, maybe he will be great. However, does anyone think he'd stand a chance against Jones? I'm already hearing talks of that in the future assuming Jones takes care of Gus.
    Jones is another level of talent.. He'd be in over his head..

Post Count
    Dana getting all butthurt about them putting Rousey on the spot. This is coming from a dude who has a history of treating his fighters like ass.

don't mistreat my little kitten Rhonda

I went to this live and the expo. I met 100's of ufc fans there and i would say 80 percent do not care for weidman. Maybe this will change one day. But overall bad ass just sucks that strueve got hurt.

Believe.
    Post Count
    I'd like to see Weidman vs Glover.

Thread Information