Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I've heard good things about both, just from LA comedians. Apparently the tongue sandwich at Canter's is awesome. Noble Pig here in Austin has a good smoked beef tongue sandwich.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I'm a corned beef person--I like Canter's pastrami but I love Langer's corned beef. Both are pretty good and they're both great to go to--You're likely to be fine with both. I haven't really been to Canter's in a while though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I've heard good things about both, just from LA comedians. Apparently the tongue sandwich at Canter's is awesome. Noble Pig here in Austin has a good smoked beef tongue sandwich.
    It was you or somebody else who posted a pic of a tongue or ear sandwich awhile back that looked amazing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Found it...post 11. Do they have anything like that in Dallas (I'll be out there in a couple weeks)?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...ight=sammiches

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    damn i need to go back to olivia for brunch, been for dinner last few times. they subbed the sandwich for tacos, i think that's why I hadn't been

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm a corned beef person--I like Canter's pastrami but I love Langer's corned beef. Both are pretty good and they're both great to go to--You're likely to be fine with both. I haven't really been to Canter's in a while though.
    I can't believe with how amazing Canters' sandwiches, soups, and plates are just how awful their bakery is. They have this huge glass case of desserts and they're all terrible. I couldn't believe how bad their cheesecake was when I got it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    You have to take a bus to Hollywood or Vermont to get to the subway from Westwood though. Has anything come out of the proposed extension of the purple line to the West side? I know Santa Monica didn't think to highly of the unwanted diversity.
    There has been no improvement on public transportation for WLA, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica etc…Even a simple plan to run a train down the middle of the 405 was shot down…IMO this has hurt other fine establishments… Juniors Deli Westwood/WLA has closed and Jerry’s Deli on Beverly has closed…Cantors is an awesome Deli but if I have to drive & deal with Saturday traffic I am hitting The Grove/Farmers market….

Langers has probably been saved by the Subway system…Old places like Philippe’s, Langers, Olvera Street are being rediscovered thanks to an awesome Subway system…

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I can't believe with how amazing Canters' sandwiches, soups, and plates are just how awful their bakery is. They have this huge glass case of desserts and they're all terrible. I couldn't believe how bad their cheesecake was when I got it.
    Yo. I thought I was the only one who noticed this? How could a place that makes great hearty meals fail at desserts? I don't know--maybe they don't put the same focus in desserts as they do sandwiches and whatnot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    There has been no improvement on public transportation for WLA, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica etc…Even a simple plan to run a train down the middle of the 405 was shot down…IMO this has hurt other fine establishments… Juniors Deli Westwood/WLA has closed and Jerry’s Deli on Beverly has closed…Cantors is an awesome Deli but if I have to drive & deal with Saturday traffic I am hitting The Grove/Farmers market….

Langers has probably been saved by the Subway system…Old places like Philippe’s, Langers, Olvera Street are being rediscovered thanks to an awesome Subway system…
    Spot on. I love the Grove and the Farmers Market--especially the variety of decent eats there. I usually go to the churruscaria and pick up some tbones for NFL Sunday. Love the Farmers Market--it's a pain to get to from here but worth the trip once in a while.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yo. I thought I was the only one who noticed this? How could a place that makes great hearty meals fail at desserts? I don't know--maybe they don't put the same focus in desserts as they do sandwiches and whatnot.
    Yeah. I mean their deserts aren't just disappointing, but genuinely bad. Their cheesecake is the worst I have ever had; even a cheesecake from the Walmart deli s all over Canters' cheesecake.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Yeah. I mean their deserts aren't just disappointing, but genuinely bad. Their cheesecake is the worst I have ever had; even a cheesecake from the Walmart deli s all over Canters' cheesecake.
    I haven't had the cheesecake...but that's not surprising. I had one of the canoli and it was so crusty it must've been at least 2 weeks old...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Is spurraider in the valley? I thought he was in Westwood
    i commute. its about 18 miles from home to parking structure, but its about an hour drive

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    i commute. its about 18 miles from home to parking structure, but its about an hour drive
    Brutal commute...I hated driving up that way from here...man, if I were going to UCLA i'd have stayed in the area. dat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Brutal commute...I hated driving up that way from here...man, if I were going to UCLA i'd have stayed in the area. dat.
    yeah as if the 405 isn't enough of a (and especially with the construction going on for the past few years) i have to take the 101 just to get there

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    yeah as if the 405 isn't enough of a (and especially with the construction going on for the past few years) i have to take the 101 just to get there
    Oh damn. Forgot about the construction on the 405--which is bad when at full function...wow sucks man I feel for you on that. Hate the 405...blech

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Damn, 101 is no picnic either, though certainly better than 405 through Sepulveda Pass. Don't miss LA traffic at all. I remember taking 3 hours to get to Anaheim one time from Westwood when some friends wanted to go watch an Angels game. Actually, longer. Left at 4:30 and made it to a 7:30 start in the bottom of the first.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Oh damn. Forgot about the construction on the 405--which is bad when at full function...wow sucks man I feel for you on that. Hate the 405...blech
    LOL, I remember watching a police chase on KCAL where the idiot got on the 405.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    LOL, I remember watching a police chase on KCAL where the idiot got on the 405.
    I mean, the cuck is going to be caught but if you decide to jump on the 405, you might as well give up off the bat and save you additional charges

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't do burritos.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't know about breakfast "burritos", but breakfast "tacos" are great.

Thread Information