26 24.53%
  • Dallas

80 75.47%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which is the reason why many people wanted spurs to play Dallas.
    I saw Dallas as an athletic matchup problem, and Dirk is Dirk. The Spurs haven't had a real problem with Memphis since 2011, so naturally I assumed they'd be a pushover. Maybe they would be still. They sure don't look like it right now though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I regret picking Memphis. I mean, I'm confident the Spurs would have won a series against them, but Memphis smells blood in the water against OKC and they look dangerous as .
    I think a lot of people were influenced by those 2 Dallas wins over OKC in March, but OKC was down 3 starters in the first game and down 2 starters on the back end of a B2B in the second game. Before that, they had beaten Dallas 11 times in a row. Meanwhile, Memphis not only eliminated OKC last season (without Westbrook) but they took them to 7 games in 2011. That OKC team had the same 5 starters as this year's team plus Harden as 6th man. Memphis is clearly capable of giving OKC a better fight than Dallas ever could.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Memphis!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas is a far better matchup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas is a far better matchup.
    How?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Dallas or Memphis are your typical 7 or 8th seed both are gonna be tough outs it looks like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously all of you ing morons tell me how the so.

We swept a better in-form Grizzlies team last year. Yes they have a good defense but they don't have the firepower to keep up with a team with as many weapons as the Spurs.

Dallas has the second best 3 pt shooting team in the NBA and a Spurs killer in Dirk (he hasn't gone off yet ). Yes, they don't have as good a defense but they have Carlisle who is great at adjusting and coming up with defensive schemes. Besides that, there's the little rivalry thing. I thought Spurs fans would know better than to think Dallas was going to be easier than Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to go but before I do that...

lol all of you ing ignorant morons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol most of you morons that picked Dallas. If these were the Grizzlies we would be up 20 and resting the starters since the midway point of the 3rd.
    lol at arguing about Dallas or Memphis. If Spurs were as good as their record, they shouldn't be worried about who they play in the first round.

Besides, Parker's been resting all season. How much rest does the er need?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    sup?

Believe.
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    not much. sup wit u?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How I wish we would be playing a worse 3pt shooting team, tbh.

RAM
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. OKC matches up VERY well with Memphis due to their bigs being able to somewhat contain Memphis. Meanwhile, the Thunder have NO answer for Dirk. None. Not even close. Dirk s on everyone including Thabo.

OKC - Memphis is done in 5-6

OKC - Dallas goes AT LEAST 6, IMO.
    You sure?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at arguing about Dallas or Memphis. If Spurs were as good as their record, they shouldn't be worried about who they play in the first round.

Besides, Parker's been resting all season. How much rest does the er need?
    Spurs are lucky they got Dallas. Memphis will do the dirty work of finishing off OK City. The Spurs were not going to beat OK City.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't expect Durant to completely wither. No one did. This series is really damn close even with Durant and Westbrook being liabilities on offense.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't expect Durant to completely wither. No one did. This series is really damn close even with Durant and Westbrook being liabilities on offense.
    Memphis is downright physical and they are wearing OKC out. This is exactly what I wanted the Spurs to avoid in the 1st round. Dallas has been playing their asses off, but they aren't even close to the physical levels Memphis plays.

Even Portland or the Rockets aren't as physical of a team. They are fast pace high scoring teams. Probably the most physical team in the entire playoffs are the Grizz and the Spurs won't have to face them until the WCF, if both teams advance that far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is downright physical and they are wearing OKC out. This is exactly what I wanted the Spurs to avoid in the 1st round. Dallas has been playing their asses off, but they aren't even close to the physical levels Memphis plays.

Even Portland or the Rockets aren't as physical of a team. They are fast pace high scoring teams. Probably the most physical team in the entire playoffs are the Grizz and the Spurs won't have to
    face them until the WCF, if both teams advance that far.
    Sure.

That said, we swept them a year ago. And I think we're better now than we were then. Dallas had been anything but a pushover and actually have some defensive weapons as well, and are MUCH more dangerous on offense. Our D was good enough to just prevent the Grizzlies from getting reliable production last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure.

That said, we swept them a year ago. And I think we're better now than we were then. Dallas had been anything but a pushover and actually have some defensive weapons as well, and are MUCH more dangerous on offense. Our D was good enough to just prevent the Grizzlies from getting reliable production last year.
    No ,we're not. We had two top-ten players last year in Duncan and Parker. Duncan's clearly not as effective this year (though still damn good considering his age). Parker hasn't been a top ten point guard all year, let alone a top ten player. His decline hurts the Spurs the most since this system is built around him. Put last year's Parker on this year's team and we'd be well on our way to sweeping Dallas. Mavs are a decent team(anybody that wins 50 games is) but Spurs are only struggling against them because TP sucks right now. Pop's less than stellar coaching isn't helping either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pointless discussion is pointless, both teams showed much more strength than expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure.

well, that doesn't make any sense tbh

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure.

Two OT games and another really close one that could have gone to OT. Memphis could have easily won last year, don't forget that. But do you honestly see the Spurs getting outta of the 2nd round after having to endure a series like the one OKC is in now with them. I knew Dallas would be no cakewalk, but they aren't beating the Spurs up like Memphis would have. They just are playing with High Energy, especially the 1st 3 games, but you saw them dwindle down in game 4 and i expect to see a carryover of this into game 5. Look at my previous thread, this is exactly what I called. They won't be able to hang with the Spurs especially now the games only have 1 game off in between.

Just like last year, if the Spurs did have to face the Grizz, I hope it was in the WCF. Having to play the most physical team in the playoffs in the 1st round is something I would want the Spurs to avoid.
    Last edited by Cowboys_Wear_Spurs; 04-30-2014 at 12:22 PM.

RAM
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was about Memphis being the toughest matchup for OKC. Which they have been and are. Memphis would have been an easier matchup for the Spurs, but if it means OKC getting knocked out in the 1st round, then its worth it. I was just hoping for a long physical series. Might get the bonus plan.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even after 4 games of close games, I still say Dallas. Memphis is looking tough these days

Thread Information