Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Gasol, potentially, Boozer and Stat will be amnestied, Varejao, Marion, Butler will be FAs. I kind of like the possibilities.

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    try to make a big splash and bring in LeBron James

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans comes in, lights the league on fire, we celebrate our 6th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they've found a gem in Damion James, especially if he can improve on the offensive end, particularly his jump shot.if he can improve that he's be a great addition off the bench. I think Patty mills will cash in and he'll be gone while Diaw stays. Corey Joseph will either be packaged up and traded or released. I think they go back to the well for a backup point guard. I think they keep Daye also. There's signs during timeouts and in game the other night with Duncan pointing out things, coaches pulling him aside during timeouts while pop is drawing something up, too many signs to show that he's someone that will be gone.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he'll get a tan too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he'll get a tan too?
    Let's keep calm and be realistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont want no euros anymore. we need some hungry athletic black americans that arnt scared like thiago
    idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Gasol, potentially, Boozer and Stat will be amnestied, Varejao, Marion, Butler will be FAs. I kind of like the possibilities.
    the knicks cant' amnesty Amare, they used it on Billups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, it's about time for Spurs to start looking for an offensive scorer. No, I'm not talking about shooters like every other player on the team. I'm talking about a slasher who can get into the paint, get to the foul line, and is an offensive force in general. After this season pretty much everybody who can score at will is 1 year older, and Tony Parker can't sustain the level of play that he does anybody without being a big injury risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, it's about time for Spurs to start looking for an offensive scorer. No, I'm not talking about shooters like every other player on the team. I'm talking about a slasher who can get into the paint, get to the foul line, and is an offensive force in general. After this season pretty much everybody who can score at will is 1 year older, and Tony Parker can't sustain the level of play that he does anybody without being a big injury risk.
    Stephenson is a free agent this summer, too bad we're gonna be limited cap wise...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to think 1 or 2 of the draft and stash will come over this summer (Davis at least). It'll be a dramatic transition heading into 2015, and the Spurs really value the continuity, corp. knowledge, etc. Would be great if one of the youngsters gets a year of acclimatization during 2014. If I recall correctly though, I believe the Spurs are planning to keep Charles over one more year. Not sure what's happened with Hanga, or if the team is still high on him, but he seemed like an interesting prospect a few years back. I've read zero encouraging things about Richards' game, though, the D-League rule change is interesting and may suit him well if he takes advantage.As for this year's picks, I'm OK with the draft and stash model even with this years 1st. Ideally, it'd be great if they could trade it down, or package it with CoJo/Ayers/Baynes for something of value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need a backup and sometimes starter stretch three that can play defense on 1-4. With the way offenses are going, you need to be able to play two small forwards in small ball, and have a backup in case Leonard gets injured. No one on the roster is good enough, and none of the Spurs projects are good enough. We'll need to acquire one through free agency or the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephenson is a free agent this summer, too bad we're gonna be limited cap wise...
    Stephenson is a good player, but he's not one of those natural scorers I'm talking about. Ideally, I was thinking somewhere along the lines of James Harden. But it's a pipe dream, I know.

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont want no euros anymore. we need some hungry athletic black americans that arnt scared like thiago
    So cut Patty?
    Last edited by superjames1992; 04-16-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of how the Spurs fare in this year's playoffs, we all know that their primary rivals are better built for contention going forward. Duncan and Ginobili may only give us one more year, and Parker will begin his decline in the coming seasons. Where would you, as a fan, like to see the Spurs address these issues?

Discuss.
    Don't expect too much, the spurs will bring back the same team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Isaiah Austin if he's available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we talking this offseason or next? By NEXT offseason, I expect the Spurs will have brought over LJC, Bertans, and one of Hanga/Thomas to fill holes. I'd like to see...

- Parker and Kawhi extended
    - Diaw, Mills, Beli and Green re-signed
    - Ayres and Bonner dropped
    - Draft a facilitating guard and athletic big
    - Target a "big fish" in 2015, but probably end up with a couple complimentary players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone keeps saying we need a backup SF, but that's basically the position Beli plays off the bench. Even then, give All Daye an offseason with Chip and a trainer, and I think we're good. Even Errors and Baynes will, imo, surprise people next year. If Baynes got sleaker but didn't lose muscle, he's gonna be good. Patience guys, patience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roy Hibbert has a player option for 2015/16.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need a center that can defend.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to get more athletic

captain obvious

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk's also going to be a FA

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign mvPau.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See if there is a team at the start of the second round that would like to take CoJo? A team like the jazz who have2 first rounders might be willing to give up their second to get a quality backup. and lindsey is familiar with him.

Bring burtans over to be the back up SF.
    Keep Daye to replace bonner as the stretch 4
    cut ayres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Draft:

1. Andrew Harrison PG Kentucky 6'5"- Could be a sleeper much like MCW was for the 6ers.
    2. Dwight Powell PF Stanford 6'10"- great athlete. can shoot. very good athlete
    2. Patric Young PF Florida 6'9"- great athlete. strong. great rebounder and defender. Blocks shots. has a 7'1" wingspan
    2. over seas prospect to keep over there

Roster

PG- parker, mills, Harrison
    SG- Green, manu, belinelli
    SF- leonard, bertans
    PF- diaw, powell/young, daye
    C- duncan, splitter, baynes

Thread Information