Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    “You’ve got somebody out there who wants to try to be bumping and doing little slick stuff,” Lillard said, in post-game comments videotaped by CSNNW.com. “I’m not going to buy into it but I’m almost not going to let it fly. I’m going to say something. That’s what he does. I don’t really care for that. I’m not just going to let somebody be all in my chest and do all this extra stuff. That’s not basketball. Everybody knows what he does to get under people’s skin.”

Later, he told the site: “It’s irritating that he’s doing all that little stuff like flopping, tying you up and all that for the whole game. But I don’t really get caught up in that. It’s whatever.”

Apparently believing that Lillard had stepped out of line with those comments, Beverley replied with a jab of his own on Monday.

“Damian Lillard whines,” Beverley said, in an interview with Sports Talk 790 AM in Houston. “I’m not a big fan of that. I don’t go out there and try to start fights with anybody. I go out there and play my game. That’s what I do. I don’t go out there and try to hack people. I don’t go out there and do that. Prior to this game he was shooting 29 percent against me. That’s a credit to our team defense and what we’re doing. We don’t go out there and try to hurt people, we don’t go out there and try to hack people. We go out there and be aggressive on defense and that’s what gets us stops.”

Adding that he was “kind of offended” and “really bothered” by Lillard’s comments, Beverley continued: “I don’t care what he says. You’re a grown man. You’re a professional basketball player — professional first. … I played against all the other top point guards, all the other All-Star point guards, and it was nothing but praise. ‘Patrick pushes me, Patrick plays hard, he forces me to better my game. Patrick does this.’ He whines and says that I’m pushing and all that. I just wanted to get that off my chest.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “You’ve got somebody out there who wants to try to be bumping and doing little slick stuff,” Lillard said, in post-game comments videotaped by CSNNW.com. “I’m not going to buy into it but I’m almost not going to let it fly. I’m going to say something. That’s what he does. I don’t really care for that. I’m not just going to let somebody be all in my chest and do all this extra stuff. That’s not basketball. Everybody knows what he does to get under people’s skin.”

Later, he told the site: “It’s irritating that he’s doing all that little stuff like flopping, tying you up and all that for the whole game. But I don’t really get caught up in that. It’s whatever.”

Apparently believing that Lillard had stepped out of line with those comments, Beverley replied with a jab of his own on Monday.

“Damian Lillard whines,” Beverley said, in an interview with Sports Talk 790 AM in Houston. “I’m not a big fan of that. I don’t go out there and try to start fights with anybody. I go out there and play my game. That’s what I do. I don’t go out there and try to hack people. I don’t go out there and do that. Prior to this game he was shooting 29 percent against me. That’s a credit to our team defense and what we’re doing. We don’t go out there and try to hurt people, we don’t go out there and try to hack people. We go out there and be aggressive on defense and that’s what gets us stops.”

Adding that he was “kind of offended” and “really bothered” by Lillard’s comments, Beverley continued: “I don’t care what he says. You’re a grown man. You’re a professional basketball player — professional first. … I played against all the other top point guards, all the other All-Star point guards, and it was nothing but praise. ‘Patrick pushes me, Patrick plays hard, he forces me to better my game. Patrick does this.’ He whines and says that I’m pushing and all that. I just wanted to get that off my chest.”
    This is what I mean by getting in Beverly's head. You could say it goes both ways, but if Lollard starts hitting his BS shots and getting favorable whistle, it could get ugly quickly.

Obviously, Lollard has turned into a low percentage chucker in the latter part of the season, but playoffs are a new challenge to him, and he could be motivated... we'll see, but it's the only way I see Portland making a series out of this.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Beverley won't let it affect him, since he himself usually gets under everyone's skin. The whole Westbrook thing didnt bother him so I'm sure Lillard won't. Lin is the one with the confidence issues.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lillard is a little , thats the only issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unfortunately the Blazers have as much chance to advace past round 1 as the Knicks do

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Jonathan Feigen Jonathan_Feigen
    Follow

Rockets-Trail Blazers Game 1 set for 8:30 p.m. Sunday on TNT.
    5:03 PM - 16 Apr 2014

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hope the blazers win their game tonight tbh

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    i hope the blazers win their game tonight tbh
    They probably will, as Blake, CP3 and Re aren't playing

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Good . As long as Asspi never plays another game for them.

comeattheKINGbestnotmiss rogues's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    The Rockets are a cute little team, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably will, as Blake, CP3 and Re aren't playing
    i had a bet at the start of the season that the Clippers would end up with over 24.5 losses

if not for several miracle comebacks against Dallas and one against Phoenix, i'd have it in the bag

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beverley won't let it affect him, since he himself usually gets under everyone's skin. The whole Westbrook thing didnt bother him so I'm sure Lillard won't. Lin is the one with the confidence issues.
    We'll see... I've seen Beverly spouting off when calls don't go his way. And like you say, Lin is the fallback: not good.

I still picked the Rockets because I see that scenario unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be cool to see Linsanity for one game

My Team
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Post Count
    Rockets are playing the Pelicans tonight as we speak.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Should have been playing wayyy earlier in the season over Asspi. Would be nice if Daniels could be a threat off the bench in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers in 7

thank you
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut the up n!gger

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    We're not losing to the mother ing Blazers...bet that.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    unfortunately the Blazers have as much chance to advace past round 1 as the Knicks do
    If they git up off their laurels and act like somebody, put the prod on these in' losers they can cross the line they've not been able to hop over since 1977. Will they do that? No. They'll stat up, crawl & lay down. Afterward they'll heap pla udes upon Howard & Harden and make over that Lilliard kid and Aldridge like they're the second coming of sliced bread, with Media blowing the horn before them.

The humps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hate when pimple faced geeks quote me on some tough .

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Beverley is a hack. The only thing he knows how to do is foul and for some reason the refs don't call it. I think with Lillard's new shoe contract the NBA will market him more and force the refs to make the calls that they haven't been making to this point. That is BAD NEWS for the Rockets.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Beverley is a hack. The only thing he knows how to do is foul and for some reason the refs don't call it. I think with Lillard's new shoe contract the NBA will market him more and force the refs to make the calls that they haven't been making to this point. That is BAD NEWS for the Rockets.
    Forget all that ancillary puke and stand up and not just in Oregon. Git you in' ass down to Texas and leave them there, were you found 'em. And then, then, THEN you'll be on your in' way. Do it not and your white bread.

me, you're white bread.

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good lord are you ing re ed

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We're not losing to the mother ing Blazers...bet that.
    Bet?

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Truth. Bomb.

Thread Information