My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wonder if the unnamed GM was kupcake/chaz

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'Antoni even left 4 mil on the table to get away from Kobrick.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OP has a major hard on for kobe tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers Rumors: D’Antoni Knew Kobe, Pau Didn’t Want To Play For Him

Posted by: Corey Hansford Posted date: May 03, 2014 In: News, Rumors | comment : 8 Comments
    SHARETWEET

Byron Scott – Scott is one of the favorites to land the position. A former Lakers player during the ‘Showtime’ era, Scott has had an excellent run coaching, leading the New Jersey Nets to consecutive NBA Finals in 2002-2003, and having success with the New Orleans Hornets, winning NBA Coach of the Year in 2008. His latest coaching venture didn’t work out so well as he took over the Cleveland Cavaliers right after the departure of LeBron James. He has a career record of 416-521.

In the wake of the news of Mike D’Antoni’s resignation as head coach of the Lakers, the main reasoning seemed to be that the Lakers refused to pick up his fourth-year option. But things may have gone deeper than that.
    According to the NY Daily News’ Mitch Lawrence, D’Antoni realized that he didn’t have the backing of the two longest-tenured Lakers:
    Bryant told the Lakers several weeks ago that he didn’t want to play for D’Antoni next season when he returns from a knee injury. D’Antoni also knew of the team’s plans for the re-signing of Gasol this summer when he becomes a free agent. So if he had stayed on, it promised to get ugly quickly and he probably wouldn’t have lasted past Thanksgiving.
    There had been rumors floating that Bryant told management he didn’t want to play for D’Antoni, and thedisputes between the former coach and Gasol have been well-do ented at this point.
    D’Antoni supposedly even told an old friend, ‘I know that Kobe and Pau don’t want to play for me.’
    It does beg the question as to why D’Antoni decided not to take the Marshall head coaching position if he realized that he wasn’t going to return next year. There was mutual interest between the two sides but ultimately D’Antoni’s brother Dan took the position.
    It is also interesting to note that this report fully expects the Lakers to re-sign Gasol. Obviously the team will try to bring him back, but it seemed far from a foregone conclusion that he would return.
    Regardless of the reasoning, D’Antoni and the Lakers were able to come to a mutual parting and now the Lakers must make their decision on who will take over from here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until Fredo comes down from the rafters and decides to be the owner/coach duo.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racist old white men. Nothing to see here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    d'antoni is a white supremacist, right trill?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For $2 million I'd go deal with Kobe for a season. Just bench his ass and make the Lakers fire me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until Fredo comes down from the rafters and decides to be the owner/coach duo.
    "I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!"

Thread Information