Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Rockets need another year. Or at least this Free Agency to really be contenders, they can be dominant when they want but it only happens in spurts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    First Round:

Pacers over Hawks in 6
    Heat over Bobcats in 4
    Nets over Raptors in 6
    Bulls over Wizards in 7

Spurs over Mavs in 4
    Thunder over Grizzlies in 7
    Clippers over Warriors in 6
    Rockets over Blazers in 5

CSF:

Pacers over Bulls in 6
    Heat over Nets in 7

Spurs over Rockets in 5
    Thunder over Warriors in 5

CF:

Heat over Pacers in 4
    Thunder over Spurs in 5

Finals:

Heat over Thunder in 6

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'm not giving the Clips any credit until they show they've finally figured out how to be a playoff team. Already got burned with them last season. Supposedly that's what Doc is there to address in some shape or form, but it's gonna have to come from CP3, Blake, etc.
    So we have to prove we're a playoff team, but Indiana doesn't have to prove that they're still even a good team, let alone a contender? You do realize how bad they've been since the All-Star Break?

And before you cite last year, it's a lot easier to look like a legit playoff team when you get to have gimme series against the ty Hawks and Knicks in the first two rounds instead of playing real teams like Memphis and SAS

I'm not saying people aren't justified in being skeptical of the Clippers - even I haven't fully bought in until I see them in the playoffs - but people should at least be consistent and question the Pacers too instead of blindly hyping them up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just imagine if OKC never gave Perkins that contract and re-signed Harden. Steven Adams would fill in just fine for that worthless piece of . Presti really ed up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you said they'll never have a chance with Harden/Howard, tbh..

It doesn't matter, it's cool, it's good that you have realized your opinion was wrong, good for you, tbh..

IMO laughing at Houston talk about being contenders with Coward, Lin and Chandler as their pillars is not mutually exclusive with thinking they are a dark horse.

LOLckets Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we have to prove we're a playoff team, but Indiana doesn't have to prove that they're still even a good team, let alone a contender? You do realize how bad they've been since the All-Star Break?

And before you cite last year, it's a lot easier to look like a legit playoff team when you get to have gimme series against the ty Hawks and Knicks in the first two rounds instead of playing real teams like Memphis and SAS

I'm not saying people aren't justified in being skeptical of the Clippers - even I haven't fully bought in until I see them in the playoffs - but people should at least be consistent and question the Pacers too instead of blindly hyping them up
    I already said why I think the Pacers will wake up. Both teams have basically kept the same core since last season (heck, probably at least two seasons already), so I'm taking that as a reference.

The playoffs are a different beast, and Indiana, skidding or not, still holds the #1 defense in the league. I think the slow pace helps them, and conversely, that's something that has caused problems for teams like the Clippers, which has historically had problems attacking and defending half court sets.

You might not agree with it, and there's always the chance that the Pacers are done and the Clips have figured out a few things on their own, but I've seen this Indiana team be really good in the playoffs. I haven't seen the Clippers do the same (yet).

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Yet the playoffs are a lot easier in the East, tbh.... put Indy in the West and do you really think that team is going far? Conversely, if we got to have gimme series the past two years instead of Memphis and SAS, our playoff record would be inflated

You still need to score to win games, and Indy's offense has become iso-heavy, predictable, and easy to shut down.... for a while, they struggled to even crack 80 points every night.... additionally, their "#1 defense" has collapsed after the all-star break, allowing blowout losses to supposedly inferior teams like Cleveland, Charlotte, and Minny down the stretch, tbh.... at a time when the Pacers should be building momentum, they got clownstomped by Houston, SAS, and Atlanta (first half)....

It would not surprise me one bit if the Pacers choked in the second round, tbh....

In fairness, the concerns about our defense are fair, as it's noticeably worse against over .500 teams.... that being said, it's the first year of a new defensive system, and our offense actually improves against over .500 teams....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet the playoffs are a lot easier in the East, tbh.... put Indy in the West and do you really think that team is going far? Conversely, if we got to have gimme series the past two years instead of Memphis and SAS, our playoff record would be inflated

You still need to score to win games, and Indy's offense has become iso-heavy, predictable, and easy to shut down.... for a while, they struggled to even crack 80 points every night.... additionally, their "#1 defense" has collapsed after the all-star break, allowing blowout losses to supposedly inferior teams like Cleveland, Charlotte, and Minny down the stretch, tbh.... at a time when the Pacers should be building momentum, they got clownstomped by Houston, SAS, and Atlanta (first half)....

It would not surprise me one bit if the Pacers choked in the second round, tbh....
    Well, we can't change which teams are in the East or West, just gotta work with what we have. That's a different topic entirely.

And I think Indiana earned the benefit of the doubt. Bringing up the regular season tells me very little, tbh... teams get bored of the regular season... Miami, Pacers, OKC, Spurs... they all had ty losses here and there, including the stretch run...

There are no guarantees. They could get a couple of solid wins and right the ship (which is what I think will happen), or drop the ball and meltdown (which could also happen, but I don't see it). If I'm wrong about this and the Clips, then I'm wrong. No biggie. We're just trying to get a feel of what people think before the games are played.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For the record not so sure about my ranking OKC over SAS like many said they are pretty even ...

Best player: Durant
    Better coach: Pop and it's nooooot close.
    Bench: Spurs
    Better execution: Spurs
    2nd best player: Healthy Westbrok/Parker (tie)

Really should be a great series. But give the edge to Durant because he is playing so well this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    East:
    Indy over Atlanta in 5
    Miami over Charlotte in 5
    Brooklyn over Toronto in 6
    Washington over Chicago in 6

West:
    San Antonio over Dallas in 5
    MethKC over Memphis in 6
    Los Angeles Sr. over Golden State in 7
    Houston over Guests in 5

ECSF:
    Indy over Washington in 6
    Miami over Brooklyn in 7

WCSF:
    San Antonio over Houston in 6
    MethKC over Los Angeles Sr. in 7

ECF:
    Miami over Indy in 7 ( so much for HCA)
    San Antonio over MethKC in 6 (homer pick but it's a toss-up; if Meth scrubs play like MJ the series goes 7)

Finals:
    San Antonio over Miami in 6

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    This is hard for me to say. I normally would say Miami has the 3-peat in the bag, but that one ing team in East Texas could be standing in the way if they get to the finals. If the Rockets win the west, the finals are a toss up. If San Antonio gets in,Miami in 6. If OKC flukes their way in, Miami sweeps.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    JVG always puzzled me with his love for the rockets. Usually when a team fires you, you sever all ties. He's a cool dude though

Its hard to pick anyone other than the spurs to be the favorites at this point, they just look way too motivated this year. They were pretty much coasting through the regular season and still managed to win 60 games. Don't really see many teams except Miami taking them out, and since this is the 2nd year they will probably face off again you can bet that Pop isn't going to up twice.

I'll end of with Rudy T's famous quotes though, "Never underestimate the heart of a champion--" Miami's recent trouble could be attributed to boredom, so if they flip the switch and Lebron brings the wrecking ball out, its theirs to lose.
    Last edited by sook; 04-18-2014 at 07:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record not so sure about my ranking OKC over SAS like many said they are pretty even ...

Best player: Durant
    Better coach: Pop and it's nooooot close.
    Bench: Spurs
    Better execution: Spurs
    2nd best player: Healthy Westbrok/Parker (tie)

Really should be a great series. But give the edge to Durant because he is playing so well this year.
    Westbrook >> Parker, this season, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook >> Parker, this season, tbh..

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    What about El, DPG, Amb, Rogue Sook etc?
    You'll have to aks them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony has been pretty bad this year, sorry bro..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is this is OKC's best chance and the Spurs last chance.
    I think two years ago was OKC's best chance.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think two years ago was OKC's best chance.
    OKC had 0% chance to beat that Heat team, this year the Heat have their share of wear & tear and are more susceptible to a faster paced team. Even without Harden, their chances are better in the finals.

The road to the finals, however, will be tougher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC had 0% chance to beat that Heat team, this year the Heat have their share of wear & tear and are more susceptible to a faster paced team. Even without Harden, their chances are better in the finals.

The road to the finals, however, will be tougher.
    Disagree. OKC has no shot against Miami. They do, however, have a great shot if the Pacers come out of the East.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Disagree. OKC has no shot against Miami. They do, however, have a great shot if the Pacers come out of the East.
    Little chance you mean, the Heat are fatigued after so many finals appearances and they aren't a very young team. In 2012, they were relatively fresh and savvy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Should be great stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little chance you mean, the Heat are fatigued after so many finals appearances and they aren't a very young team. In 2012, they were relatively fresh and savvy.
    They just don't match up, IMO. Plus Miami is the one team OKC doesn't get their 20+ FTA/game against, which they need since their offense is already measurably crappier than Miami's.

Short of Lebron/Wade/Bosh getting hurt, I can't think of a scenario where Miami doesn't beat them in 6 games or less.

Hail to the Skeens! Robert Griffin III's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Outside of game 5, each game went down to the very end. James Harden sucked a fat in almost every game.

The Heat are arguably on their last legs, not to mention Wade's knees are not good anymore. KD's even better than he was 2 years ago.

I don't know why people are so quick to say OKC won't challenge Miami, or at least make them work for it.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They just don't match up, IMO. Plus Miami is the one team OKC doesn't get their 20+ FTA/game against, which they need since their offense is already measurably crappier than Miami's.

Short of Lebron/Wade/Bosh getting hurt, I can't think of a scenario where Miami doesn't beat them in 6 games or less.
    A poor matchup, yes, but factors working against the Heat this year leaves them more susceptible to a high scoring team. 0% chance to 10% shot in the dark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A poor matchup, yes, but factors working against the Heat this year leaves them more susceptible to a high scoring team. 0% chance to 10% shot in the dark
    Fair enough.

I just think that if Miami is so "weak" this season (not buying it until I see it, they coasted quite a bit, IMO), I'm not so sure they make the Finals in that case. Which means OKC then has a great shot if they make it that far.

Thread Information