Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Here is a place to support or bash expert analysis for this year's playoffs. I will kick us off.

Jeff Van Gundy predicts the Rockets will win the 2014 NBA Finals

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...#ixzz2zFlc22sH

Harden is a beast, when healthy Dwight is a force down low, Parsons is a great slasher and Pat B a pest. But ....

Dat defense ...
    Dat coach ...

Isn't Lebron and Durant still playing? do they buy that Rox regular season success over Spurs? I say no way. Kevin McHale coach of the NBA champion Rockets ... just cannot see it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...a-championship

Skip makes a case for dem Spurs ...

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    DMC predicts that the Thunder will win det 2014 NBA Finals.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DMC predicts that the Thunder will win det 2014 NBA Finals.
    What about El, DPG, Amb, Rogue Sook etc?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    You do know JVG is a huge Rockets homer right? He still lives out here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw on some random website that the Rockets have 20/1 odds on a le. Actually some value there

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You do know JVG is a huge Rockets homer right? He still lives out here.
    I know he picks the Rocks almost every year as a darkhorse and now he put yall as favorites.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Skip:
    Yet ... the San Antonio Spurs are about to ruin what shape up as all-time great, superstar-studded Western Conference playoffs by winning them, then wreaking revenge on the Miami Heat by beating them in six games in the NBA Finals in Miami, as they should have last June. The Spurs have waited for these playoffs since that nightmarish night of June 18, when they were up five, 28 seconds away from their fifth NBA championship, and blew it. Heat in seven.

more Skip:

Yes, the same Spurs who finished the regular season a combined 0-8 against the teams they'll probably have to deal with in Rounds 2 and 3 -- Harden's Houston, then Oklahoma City. As one of the few Spurs supporters in the national media -- if not the lone wolf -- I admit to some concern about the athleticism of the Rockets or Thunder eclipsing the beautiful basketball clinics conducted nightly by the one-for-all Spurs, the NBA's worst nightmare, the un-"SportsCenter" team that wins with emotionless will and subtle skill.

Sure he is Spur biased but at least he went against chalk though I think Skip gives himself too much credit havent seen it yet but I bet Stein Picks Spurs too ...

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    All I know is this is OKC's best chance and the Spurs last chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would beat Miami. But if San Antonio loses to a team like Houston/OKC due to match-up issues then Miami has it in the bag, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If OKC loses to the Clippers, then it'll be Spurs over Heat in 5..

If OKC beats the Clipps, it'll be Heat over Thunder in 6..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is this is OKC's best chance and the Spurs last chance.
    Agree with the Spurs comment, but why do you think that about OKC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gun to my head, I pick Spurs. But I don't feel confident. There is no dominant team anymore. They all have flaws and there is no one that has the sense of being invulnerable. There are only 4 contenders, but none are just flat out so dominant that you would be surprised if they lost. That's what makes it tough picking right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat have guaranteed spot in Finals. Only team to have this, so they are hands down favorite.

on west we have OKC. Spurs with a true 50-50 if they meet each other.

But the dark horse team???? yes it is the Rockets ladies and gentlemen. Lin but still their wings are good, solid backup in the Turkish tower. Harden gets best treatment form refs since Ethiopian and Beverly is on a potential JJ Barea run IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat have guaranteed spot in Finals. Only team to have this, so they are hands down favorite.

on west we have OKC. Spurs with a true 50-50 if they meet each other.

But the dark horse team???? yes it is the Rockets ladies and gentlemen. Lin but still their wings are good, solid backup in the Turkish tower. Harden gets best treatment form refs since Ethiopian and Beverly is on a potential JJ Barea run IMO
    I thought you said you didn't believe the Rockets could ever contend, tbh?..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about El, DPG, Amb, Rogue Sook etc?
    I'm going with the homer pick: Spurs to win it all... and the reason is that I think this team can be realistically better than last season, and the fact that this is one of the last (if not the last) actual Spurs contending teams in possibly a while. So I'm gonna relax, enjoy the ride, and back them up all the way.

There's only 4 clear contenting teams (Miami, Spurs, OKC and Pacers) and two dark horses (Brooklyn and Houston), IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If the Nets make it to the 2nd round, I could see them pulling off the big upset and beating the Heat if the Heat make it to the 2nd round. The Hornets could still pull off probably the biggest upset in NBA playoffs history. If Charlotte can get a split in Miami, I like their chances. I have no idea about the West. You would think that it's probably gonna be the Spurs and Methlohoma in the WCF but Monkeyball or Momma There Goes That Man might make some noise. I'd love to see my Mavs upset the Spurs but they just aren't that good in my opinion. Dalembert is not Tyson Chandler.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agree with the Spurs comment, but why do you think that about OKC?
    The Rockets will likely find a piece to improve their roster and there's not a strong piece of evidence that the Thunder might improve in a significant way besides Durant just becoming better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you said you didn't believe the Rockets could ever contend, tbh?..
    that's why it's called a dark horse dummy, not a true contender by the word, but a horse that is dark and can somehow (through ref, injury, luck help) make it through

as I said. I still at Lin, Coward and a guy called Chandler(although he's pretty good)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would beat Miami. But if San Antonio loses to a team like Houston/OKC due to match-up issues then Miami has it in the bag, IMO.
    Agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets need another year or two to gel as a team and build cohesion and consistency. I can't see Pop losing to McHle, especially with Dwert out there in the 4th quarter where you can effectively limit them to max of 1pt/trip up the court

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm going with the homer pick: Spurs to win it all... and the reason is that I think this team can be realistically better than last season, and the fact that this is one of the last (if not the last) actual Spurs contending teams in possibly a while. So I'm gonna relax, enjoy the ride, and back them up all the way.

There's only 4 clear contenting teams (Miami, Spurs, OKC and Pacers) and two dark horses (Brooklyn and Houston), IMO.
    I would say CLips are a legit darkhorse over Houston, but it's close In fact I would rate Houston over Brooklyn. But I think Brooklyn is the only legit one in the East.

I say we have 3 TRUE le contenders:

Favorites (in order):

1. MIA
    2. OKC
    3. SAS

Strong contenders:
    4A. Pacers
    5B. Clips

Dark horses:
    6. Rox
    7. Nets

I doubt anybody past the top 3 is winning the LOB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's why it's called a dark horse dummy, not a true contender by the word, but a horse that is dark and can somehow (through ref, injury, luck help) make it through

as I said. I still at Lin, Coward and a guy called Chandler(although he's pretty good)
    But you said they'll never have a chance with Harden/Howard, tbh..

It doesn't matter, it's cool, it's good that you have realized your opinion was wrong, good for you, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Nets make it to the 2nd round, I could see them pulling off the big upset and beating the Heat if the Heat make it to the 2nd round. The Hornets could still pull off probably the biggest upset in NBA playoffs history. If Charlotte can get a split in Miami, I like their chances. I have no idea about the West. You would think that it's probably gonna be the Spurs and Methlohoma in the WCF but Monkeyball or Momma There Goes That Man might make some noise. I'd love to see my Mavs upset the Spurs but they just aren't that good in my opinion. Dalembert is not Tyson Chandler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say CLips are a legit darkhorse over Houston, but it's close In fact I would rate Houston over Brooklyn. But I think Brooklyn is the only legit one in the East.
    I'm not giving the Clips any credit until they show they've finally figured out how to be a playoff team. Already got burned with them last season. Supposedly that's what Doc is there to address in some shape or form, but it's gonna have to come from CP3, Blake, etc.

They've won about the same amount of games as last season under Vinny, so rolling through the regular season isn't really a clear indicator of anything on that department.

I don't see Houston realistically contending, but they have a solid team overall, and if they catch fire from downtown at the right time, they can be dangerous, which is why I put them as dark horse.

Brooklyn, on the other hand, has more to do with the brackets and matchups. I'm not sure they can get out of the first round, tbh, but if they do manage, I do think they have a decent shot at Miami, especially with experienced players that are not in "awe" of being at that stage.

I also don't have OKC over SAS as favorites, I would probably rank them about the same. I think it would be a compelling series, but OKC doesn't scare me, as I've been saying all season.

I think the Pacers will wake up, and the fact that playoffs are much more slow-paced will help them. I also think they were a bit bored of the RS...

Miami is the back to back defending champ, and so they're the clear cut favorites.

Thread Information