Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On January 1st of this year I decided enough was enough and forced myself to watch the closing seconds of game 6. I had spent the Summer, Fall, even Christmas daydreaming about the cruel, random sequence of events that cost us a le.

I'm a Patriots fan (Spurs are my first love, Pats are the mistress I nail in the ass) and game 6 makes David Tyree's catch feel like a handjob after a joint. Game 6 will live in infamy, there's no denying that.

But guess what? There's a few Pistons fans out there that wish they had game 5 back...instead they got a chin omelette from Robert Horry and Manu Ginobili.

Bottom line- and this is directed right at my man timvp- we need all hands on deck here. Think of how ing sweet it's going to feel this June when we're hoisting the O'Brien after what we went through....this is our year. So get your fanny back to this place and start dropping some No Limit Army Commander and get these plebeians fired up. Like you, I've seen the good, the bad and the Will Perdue- its time to get behind the squad and ride this last wave into the sunset.

This team is focused, motivated and as well prepared as a professional sports team can be come playoff time. If you think Tim Duncan, Gregg Popovich and Kawhi Leonard are going out like es without leaving a pint of their blood on their opponents, you obviously haven't been watching this year.

Special team, special group of guys and there is no greater feeling than retribution achieved through resiliency.

When we win this year after what happened last June it will go down as the greatest achievement in modern sport.

Most organizations would not recover and would have faded into obscurity. Clearly the Spurs aren't dwelling on game 6 but rather using it as the ultimate motivator.

Who's with me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you! Until we lose to the Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Walton is one of the all time underrated big men tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp's back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're drunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WBOM sighting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No choice but to ride with the boys! I am with you and hope the Spurs can do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good Walton It really amazing what this team has achieved this year considering how last year ended. Now all we can do is cheer our asses off for this team and hope they get it done..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    game 6 makes David Tyree's catch feel like a handjob after a joint.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is focused, motivated and as well prepared as a professional sports team can be come playoff time. If you think Tim Duncan, Gregg Popovich and Kawhi Leonard are going out like es without leaving a pint of their blood on their opponents, you obviously haven't been watching this year. Special team, special group of guys and there is no greater feeling than retribution achieved through resiliency.
    This. When I read made comments like what Shea Serrano wrote on Grantland I see red. This is a team that is going to fight for a ring. Somebody is going to have to beat the Spurs 4 out of 7 games. Time will tell if any team can do it. But no matter what, I'm going to enjoy the ride.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On January 1st of this year I decided enough was enough and forced myself to watch the closing seconds of game 6. I had spent the Summer, Fall, even Christmas daydreaming about the cruel, random sequence of events that cost us a le.

I'm a Patriots fan (Spurs are my first love, Pats are the mistress I nail in the ass) and game 6 makes David Tyree's catch feel like a handjob after a joint. Game 6 will live in infamy, there's no denying that.

But guess what? There's a few Pistons fans out there that wish they had game 5 back...instead they got a chin omelette from Robert Horry and Manu Ginobili.

Bottom line- and this is directed right at my man timvp- we need all hands on deck here. Think of how ing sweet it's going to feel this June when we're hoisting the O'Brien after what we went through....this is our year. So get your fanny back to this place and start dropping some No Limit Army Commander and get these plebeians fired up. Like you, I've seen the good, the bad and the Will Perdue- its time to get behind the squad and ride this last wave into the sunset.

This team is focused, motivated and as well prepared as a professional sports team can be come playoff time. If you think Tim Duncan, Gregg Popovich and Kawhi Leonard are going out like es without leaving a pint of their blood on their opponents, you obviously haven't been watching this year.

Special team, special group of guys and there is no greater feeling than retribution achieved through resiliency.

When we win this year after what happened last June it will go down as the greatest achievement in modern sport.

Most organizations would not recover and would have faded into obscurity. Clearly the Spurs aren't dwelling on game 6 but rather using it as the ultimate motivator.

Who's with me?
    Damn, I feel your pain bro. I'm also a Pats fan, although a new one (wasn't here in the U.S yet during that 07 season) and Welker's drop in '12 was kind of like the rebounds the Spurs lost in game 6, or the bunny TD missed over Battier in game 7.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... No Limit Army Commander and get these plebeians fired up...
    I was waiting for someone to start that thread...no action so far...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great post!

I'm in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you! Until we lose to the Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old posters coming back from the grave is not always a good thing.

matter of fact, last time it happened(that old poster that has like a million posts), it was right before game 6 2014 Finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fan since mid-DRob days, 1993. I'm here and have been here through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Count me in!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old posters coming back from the grave is not always a good thing.

matter of fact, last time it happened(that old poster that has like a million posts), it was right before game 6 2014 Finals

tbh, game 6 of the 2014 finals hasn't been played yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Drive for Five is well and alive, folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read the le and thought GhostWriter was back to argue that Chris Whitney > Tony Parker and to that the Spurs didn't trade Tony Parker for Gary Payton in 2003.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ehh let's win it first then we'll go from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walton with the goods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read the le and thought GhostWriter was back to argue that Chris Whitney > Tony Parker and to that the Spurs didn't trade Tony Parker for Gary Payton in 2003.
    this would really be odd if grandedavid would return or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the old ghost writer v mark bryant/marcusbryant/coolidge? debates were classic.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you, but I have no idea who you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Bryant that's the guy

dude made his comeback thread right before game 6 2013 Finals. He's not been heard of since

Thread Information