My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think, collectively, they did a fantastic job. For a while there, the only standout coaches in the league were Pop, PJ, RC, and Thibs. There were a few good ones, but for the most part, the other coaches in the league sucked.

There were nine rookie head coaches to start the season. Four made the playoffs, and Jeff Hornacek won 48 games. Of the four other coaches that didn't make the playoffs, I like what I saw from Brad Stevens, Brett Brown, and Mike Malone. There's not much you can do when your team is tanking, though. I didn't watch any Denver basketball this year, but I assume they were tanking as well, after the loss of Iggy and other injuries derailed any hope of playing at a compe ive level.

Some of the accomplishments of these coaches include, Steve Clifford, coach of the Bobcats, turning that team into a top 10 defensive team. Jeff Hornacek maxing out the potential of every player on the Suns' roster and would have been a top 2 seed in the East. Jason Kidd had a rough start to the season, but found a lot of success playing Pierce at the four, and have had one of the best records in the league since the new year. Finally, Coach Bud who had that Hawks team in the 3rd seed before losing Horford. They tried to tank for Wiggins, but...lets just say the East is abysmal and leave it at that.

(Or maybe CIA Bud tanked to play the Pacers in the first round )

This new group of coaches look very promising, and hopefully we'll have some great basketball to watch for years to come, because of it.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this new era of great white coaches will even out the black eyes of the position(Brooks, McHale) push the black coaches back to the hand clapping assistant role where they belong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this new era of great white coaches will even out the black eyes of the position(Brooks, McHale) push the black coaches back to the hand clapping assistant role where they belong.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    ^ Has won nothing of note as a head coach, overrated because his team tries so hard in the regular season in the East, runs his players into the ground so they're always short-handed, and his vaunted defense just got exposed by 80-year-old Andre Miller and Nene

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Has won nothing of note as a head coach, overrated because his team tries so hard in the regular season in the East, runs his players into the ground so they're always short-handed, and his vaunted defense just got exposed by 80-year-old Andre Miller and Nene
    What a take ^

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Says the guy who tried to argue that LeBron = T-Mac

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who tried to argue that LeBron = T-Mac
    Says the guy who denied that Ray Allen saved LeBron's career

But yeah, on the coach that lost a former MVP, yet still carried a team who was trying to tank early in the year (trading Deng) to a 4 seed (and 3 seed most of the second half) with a 6-7 player rotation. What a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who denied that Ray Allen saved LeBron's career

But yeah, on the coach that lost a former MVP, yet still carried a team who was trying to tank early in the year (trading Deng) to a 4 seed (and 3 seed most of the second half) with a 6-7 player rotation. What a joke.
    As if he was ever MVP caliber. Anyone with a clue knew that the defense was the reason that the Bulls were so good that year. We've reconfirmed that year after year since then. A gangbanger who can shoot 35% in the playoffs didn't turn them from garbage to the ECF. Thibs did. (But then again, that's their ceiling. It'll be similar when the Spurs lose Duncan)

Cliffs:

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Rose or no Rose (and lol at people still overrating that gangbanger fake-ass MVP), Thibs has made a living off trying really hard in the regular season, but his teams have done very little in the postseason when every other team is trying just as hard as they are.... he just got outcoached by Randy Wittman, one of the worst coaches in the league, in Game 1

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, just overhyped.... Doc won Coach of the Year before working with Thibs and has done just fine since Thibs went to Chicago....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They made the semis last year with Nate Robinson and Belinelli as their best offensive players..

Thibs has only had significant talent for 1 season and they made the ECFs and lost to the best player in the world..he also turned Noah into a viable offensive option this season(which won't translate in the playoffs, because Noah is a role player, but that speaks on the lack of talent)..

As for the new coaches, Bud and Clifford stand out, they both run very solid systems that negate the lack of talent on the roster..impressive debuts, tbh..

Hornacek is overrated IMO, but we'll see how he does next year..

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Budenholzer is a badass coach.... hardly any talent to work with, especially with Horford sidelined, but you wouldn't even know they were the 8th seed and under .500 in Game 1.... Bud will be one of the elite coaches in the league soon, if he isn't already....

Clifford is also a great coach, getting the Lolcats to play well above their heads defensively.... Fredo for letting him get away....

Der Führer!
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    As long as Duncan doesn't ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count