Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the 2015 off season, Duncan and Manu have just retired and we've signed Marc Gasol to replace Timmy. Bringing back most of our current squad, we could be playing

Parker/Mills
    Green/Belinelli
    Kawhi/Jean-Charles
    Gasol/Diaw
    Splitter/Baynes?

I think Gasol/Splitter can work the same way Timmy/Splitter works as Gasol is an excellent passer and mid range jumpshoter as well as an elite defender.

Obviously missing Timmys locker room presence and playoff experience, but I think that team could win a le with Kawhi getting more burn offensively if Parker keeps up his level of play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whose the coach?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The years of being beat up in the paint are already catching up with Tony, so I don't think you can bet on him still being MVParker in a couple years. And why in the world would we sign am old Gasol? wouldn't he be like 33 going into 2015-2016? We need youth to build around after Timmy's gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they actually bring in marc gasol, and a guy like Bertans pans out to full potential, they'll be a good playoff team. i would curb my expectations on what parker can bring in 2015

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even when I consider Marc a great player there is only a Tim Duncan, but yeah they could play great and even be legit contenders why not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The years of being beat up in the paint are already catching up with Tony, so I don't think you can bet on him still being MVParker in a couple years. And why in the world would we sign am old Gasol? wouldn't he be like 33 going into 2015-2016? We need youth to build around after Timmy's gone.
    He'll be 30 in the summer of 2015, young enough to offer him something like $65m/4yr and expect him to produce consistently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Beli as the primary ball-handler of the second unit. I'd hope the team would either draft a legit backup point of use the room exception to sign one. Also, it's going to be hard to keep Beli and Mills while also having the money to get Gasol.

Besides that, it depends on how quick Splitter is defensively and on Leonard and Green being able to supplement Parker's decline. LJC would need to be already viable as a rotation player, and someone else like Bertans would need to step up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whose the coach?
    If Gasol signed on, do you think Pop might stay on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that indy game is going to be greatness!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be great if Gasol signs on something like a 4 year contract for the Spurs. He would be 30 at the end of 2015 and will be a great partner to Splitter. If Duncan stays for one more year to be some kind of a mentor, I think the Spurs will contend for a championship atleast for a year.

Besides Gasol can come for a little less than someone like Love.

The only issue is Memphis will easily offer Marc Gasol a larger and more lucrative contract. Will take much to pry him away, also considering Memphis is practically hometown for Marc who studied there in high school.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whose the coach?
    D'Antoni

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not without MVParker, which he won't be at the end of next season probably

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping we'd pick up Kevin Love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Gasol signed on, do you think Pop might stay on?
    Its hard to imagine Pop coaching without Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I think I'd prefer a two-way player like Gasol over someone like Kevin Love.

Never mind a .500 team, Love has never even lead a team to over .400. The T'Wolves record in his 5 full seasons is 113-297 and have never made the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I think I'd prefer a two-way player like Gasol over someone like Kevin Love.

Never mind a .500 team, Love has never even lead a team to over .400. The T'Wolves record in his 5 full seasons is 113-297 and have never made the playoffs.
    On this team CORRECT....... I agree fully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I'm hoping for as well. It would be perfect. Manu and Duncan would be gone, so we'd need someone who could score and rebound.

Post-Duncan & Manu(No Kevin Love)....I could see us being able to sit around where the Blazers or Warriors are at right now. I couldn't see any higher than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The thing with Love is that his teams have sucked because of poor team composition. David Kahhhhnnn basically screwed up Minny with some really bad picks and team construction. Their team is basically mediocre in everything and too much burden is placed on Love. If he plays in a well rounded team, Love will be monster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like either Gasol on the team but don't see Marc leaving Memphis, he's been there forever, which I respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playoff team yes, legit contender probably not. You didn't mention it directly in your OP, but post-Duncan is also post-Ginobili. Combined, that's a lot of experience to replace. I think the Spurs will be a 5-6 seed, similar to the way Portland and Golden State are this year. Capable, yes. Likely, no.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs dont get a superstar, they would probably qualify for POs but not contend.
    Like I said many times, All-Star is not enough.
    I want Davis!

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. But they will be a playoff team possibly even be top 5 in the NBA standings. But I do not see the Spurs becoming the current LA Lakers, that is for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing with Love is that his teams have sucked because of poor team composition. David Kahhhhnnn basically screwed up Minny with some really bad picks and team construction. Their team is basically mediocre in everything and too much burden is placed on Love. If he plays in a well rounded team, Love will be monster.
    I think if Love was as good as everyone says, he would have lead a team to a .500 record already. For a player who is supposed to be a Top 3 PF in the league to have never even won 40% of his games in a single season is pathetic. I understand the West is stacked so it's tough to make the playoffs, but they've never even been close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. And no major FA's are going to come here so tank and build through the draft imo. There's nothing worse than being a middle-of-the-road playoff team who isn't an actual contender. It's NBA purgatory.

Thread Information