Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Phil Jackson's formidable task of rebuilding the Knicks and establishing a professional, winning culture at Madison Square Garden has already hit a familiar roadblock: James Dolan.

Just one month into his role as Knicks president, Jackson has already clashed with Dolan, the chairman of Madison Square Garden, over personnel decisions, the Daily News has learned. According to a team source, Jackson is looking to remove several staff members, which is commonplace when a new administration takes over, but Dolan opposes removing certain employees.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1765645

Knicks

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers-east. Terrible owners. Terrible GMs. Terrible contracts. Terrible franchises.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CN, surely you can't take Frank Isola seriously.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers-east. Terrible owners. Terrible GMs. Terrible contracts. Terrible franchises.
    16>>>>>>>>>>> ah, nvm. Carry on son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest difference between the Lakers and the Knicks over much of the last three decades was Jerry Buss. The Knicks are proof that having a rich team in a lucrative market is no guarantee of success, and the past success of the Lakers under Jerry Buss is no guarantee of future success under his moronic son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The biggest difference between the Lakers and the Knicks over much of the last three decades was Jerry Buss. The Knicks are proof that having a rich team in a lucrative market is no guarantee of success, and the past success of the Lakers under Jerry Buss is no guarantee of future success under his moronic son.
    Disagree. Jerry West was the biggest reason. Jerry Buss just signed the checks.

PS - Jerry Buss wasn't even in the top 5 in terms of net worth. Several other owners are richer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    CN, surely you can't take Frank Isola seriously.
    Dude drops truthbombs about them Knicks on the regular

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Fredo = Dolan

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Irrelevant. Like his pops, he just signs the checks. So who in Knicks' org = MK? That's the question you need to ask yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Jerry West was the biggest reason. Jerry Buss just signed the checks.
    I won't quibble about whether Buss or West was more important, although saying that Buss just signed the checks is a curiously myopic point of view. Together, they formed an historically great owner/GM combination.

Now, the Lakers have neither one. Those that believe in some sort of inevitably of Laker greatness ignore the history of the Laker franchise in LA and the histories of other NBA franchises in major markets.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I won't quibble about whether Buss or West was more important, although saying that Buss just signed the checks is a curiously myopic point of view. Together, they formed an historically great owner/GM combination.

Now, the Lakers have neither one. Those that believe in some sort of inevitably of Laker greatness ignore the history of the Laker franchise in LA and the histories of other NBA franchises in major markets.
    You're partially right re: bolded. But we're not the Cowboys whereas we have an owner masquerading as a GM. We have a GM who was the understudy of the best GM in NBA history. We've rang how many times since Logo left? How many stacked teams (on paper at least) has MK put together? The proof is in the pudding son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Irrelevant. Like his pops, he just signs the checks. So who in Knicks' org = MK? That's the question you need to ask yourself.
    If you don't see the dysfunction that Fredo has brought to the Lakers since taking over, I can't help you, Asdrubal

As a Clipperfan, I know all about bad owners.... owners don't just sign the checks, they set the tone for the whole organization.... it took Sterling going senile and his competent son-in-law starting to take more control for the franchise to finally not be a joke....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you don't see the dysfunction that Fredo has brought to the Lakers since taking over, I can't help you, Asdrubal

Like having LDS owners like Cuban block legal NBA trades for basketball reasons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're partially right re: bolded. But we're not the Cowboys whereas we have an owner masquerading as a GM. We have a GM who was the understudy of the best GM in NBA history. We've rang how many times since Logo left? How many stacked teams (on paper at least) has MK put together? The proof is in the pudding son.
    Chris Wallace was also West's understudy. There's a reason you're offered a refund when the understudy replaces the star of the show.

The threepeat team was West's creation. MK gets no credit for that. They've won two les in the 12 years since then. Two les that are directly related to a trade made between two of West's former assistants.

Good luck going forward with MK and Buss, Jr.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Like having LDS owners like Cuban block legal NBA trades for basketball reasons?
    No, like firing the coach after five games, giving personnel power to a bartender named Chazz, firing nearly all the scouts who had worked for the Lakers for decades during the lockout, feuding with his bimbo sister for control, handing 48.5 to a broken-down rapist, etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chris Wallace was also West's understudy. There's a reason you're offered a refund when the understudy replaces the star of the show.

The threepeat team was West's creation. MK gets no credit for that. They've won two les in the 12 years since then. Two les that are directly related to a trade made between two of West's former assistants.

Good luck going forward with MK and Buss, Jr.
    Before the signatures on the new CBA dried, MK said you with the CP3 trade. Before that, MK pissed off Coach Pop with the Pau trade. Trading Bynum for Howard was even a good deal - even though he walked. Simply put, MK knows what he is doing. I trust his track record.

Oh, and MK was an understudy of Logo since Showtime. That's a looooong ass time learning from the best. Again, he knows what he is doing. Fredo will pay for whoever MK trades forPERIOD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the signatures on the new CBA dried, MK said you with the CP3 trade. Before that, MK pissed off Coach Pop with the Pau trade. Trading Bynum for Howard was even a good deal - even though he walked. Simply put, MK knows what he is doing. I trust his track record.

Oh, and MK was an understudy of Logo since Showtime. That's a looooong ass time learning from the best. Again, he knows what he is doing. Fredo will pay for whoever MK trades forPERIOD.

Good luck with MK and Fredo going forward.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, like firing the coach after five games, giving personnel power to a bartender named Chazz, firing nearly all the scouts who had worked for the Lakers for decades during the lockout, feuding with his bimbo sister for control, handing 48.5 to a broken-down rapist, etc.
    You like playing checkers too, I see. Did you laugh at Kwame Brown's contract too? The timing of it didn't make you a tad bit su ious? Then it turns out MK had been watching MVPau's situation in Memphis for years.

And to think - your Spurs helped us get him by kicking his ass all those years. He began to get frustrated as the playoff losses mounted. Det led to him being disgruntled. The rest? History.

PS - when the Spurs play OKC: Why? Timing. Kobe's contract ends the same time KD can become a FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who needs a winning team if idiots continue to buy tickets to the games? knicks mentality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What sort of chess move was trading 4 draft picks for Nash?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You like playing checkers too, I see. Did you laugh at Kwame Brown's contract too? The timing of it didn't make you a tad bit su ious? Then it turns out MK had been watching MVPau's situation in Memphis for years.
    Carlos, finally admitting that MVPau - not Kirby - was the key to the B2B

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

What sort of chess move was trading 4 draft picks for Nash?
    Unless they have the #1 overall pick, does the Lakers historically build thru the draft? Of their last 3 lottery picks (Eddie Jones, Kobe and Bynum), only Kobe wasn't traded away (for good reason).

Spurs build with draft picks. Lakers don't.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Carlos, finally admitting that MVPau - not Kirby - was the key to the B2B

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Who was shinin' shoes between Daddy and MVPau again? Can't quite remember the scrub's name, but I do remember he rapedPERIOD....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who was shinin' shoes between Daddy and MVPau again? Can't quite remember the scrub's name, but I do remember he rapedPERIOD....
    How many years has Cliff...nah - too easy. Carry on son.

Thread Information