My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know if the overall #1 seed has ever been relegated to the NBA channel before? Serious question here not trying to be a homer at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm not mistaken, we did also back against Memphis, because I remember watching game 5 on my computer. Miami had one last year. Unless it is a high profile team as the 8th seed, those are usually the ones on NBATV due to the mismatch

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not overall #1, but the other two first round NBA TV games scheduled are Indiana/Atlanta.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2013 Bucks/Heat
    2012 Chicago did not (nor San Antonio)

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2011 vs. Memphis game 5. The game where Gary Neal hit the game-winning three at the buzzer to extend the series, IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, NBATV is pretty much a standard on cable systems although you may have to sign up for a sports pack to get it.

Get a job you moocher.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pathetic that we've been relegated to NBAtv. Here's the problem: Most people don't have NBAtv. Not unless they pay for a sports subscription package, and even those who DO have it, probably don't know what channel it's on anyways. Add that to the fact that this game is on at the SAME time as the nationally televised TNT game between MIA and CHA and you have basically the most insulting time and broadcast slot for a #1 seed ever.

Spurs fans: Don't wacth the game on NBAtv. Let their ratings SUFFER. Watch the game of Fox Sports Southwest. Frankly, I don't even know if the game will be available on NBAtv for those of us who live in SA (it's not in the regular season because FSSW has exclusive rights in this area) but if it is, don't watch it. Besides, all of the games shown on ESPN, TNT and NBAtv are delayed 15 seconds. FSSW is broadcast in real time and better anyways.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBAtv gets blacked out when FSSW carries the same game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not how ratings work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pathetic that we've been relegated to NBAtv. Here's the problem: Most people don't have NBAtv. Not unless they pay for a sports subscription package, and even those who DO have it, probably don't know what channel it's on anyways. Add that to the fact that this game is on at the SAME time as the nationally televised TNT game between MIA and CHA and you have basically the most insulting time and broadcast slot for a #1 seed ever.

Spurs fans: Don't wacth the game on NBAtv. Let their ratings SUFFER. Watch the game of Fox Sports Southwest. Frankly, I don't even know if the game will be available on NBAtv for those of us who live in SA (it's not in the regular season because FSSW has exclusive rights in this area) but if it is, don't watch it. Besides, all of the games shown on ESPN, TNT and NBAtv are delayed 15 seconds. FSSW is broadcast in real time and better anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What options are available for us outside Texas and no sports package subscription?

Pretty much just an online stream?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBAtv gets blacked out when FSSW carries the same game.
    So I'm in Dallas, which will be blacked out? Nbatv or fsn?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah OK

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBAtv since its a Mav game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not how ratings work
    Yeah this is a classic urban myth perpetuated by people who don't really know what they're talking about. Ratings for 2013-2014 affect future advertising deals for 2014-2015 (and beyond). Advertisers have already paid for 2013-2014 and 2013-2014 ratings obviously won't retrospectively affect 2013-2014 TV deals, but that's not the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you in Dallas, it's on Channel 21 I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this blows. i have NBA-TV on my package but i can't figure out what channel it's on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucks, I have NBATV and League Pass but I'm traveling and hotels don't carry NBATV and I can't get the game via League Pass. So I'm ed, have to go to Hooters or some .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucks, I have NBATV and League Pass but I'm traveling and hotels don't carry NBATV and I can't get the game via League Pass. So I'm ed, have to go to Hooters or some .
    It better be on international league pass. I'm staying up to 3 AM in the Ukraine to watch something!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very dissapointed that this game will be shown on a network that not everyone has. Had to get rid of some things last year to cut costs. Cable was bill was ridiculous.

Hoping there will be a decent stream to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people really want to watch Heat Cats rather then Mavs spurs?

Thread Information