Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can use whatever excuse or reason you want, but this is just outrageous, especially after dominating game 1, and against a team he has dominated all season long..

The Spurs' offense was completely disrupted after Carlisle made the switch to Marion covering Parker, tbh..you can point out the shooting % and the defense, but allowing 33 points off 25 turnovers is the biggest reason the Spurs lost this game..

Carlisle's game 1 strategy to make Duncan/Parker and 1 on 1 basketball beat the Mavs effectively shut down the Spurs' role players, but they couldn't stop Duncan/Parker..

Switching Marion onto Parker may be the solution to slow down Parker, and it was exacerbated by the fact that the other Spurs' star took 5 ing shot attempts..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ 48 yr old marion stopping parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard and Duncan shooting 5 times is BS..

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COTY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Belli should keep cutting to the basket. Seems like a great idea. Who needs spacing when you have Splitter, Parker, and Duncan in at the same time? Just cut to the basket and you might be open!

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a confidence issue. Tim does this thing where he gets scared to shoot every now and then.

Nothing we can do about it really.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ 48 yr old marion stopping parker
    Maybe Parker will be more motivated if we let him suit up in a France jersey?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a confidence issue. Tim does this thing where he gets scared to shoot every now and then.

Nothing we can do about it really.
    what a terrible argument, tbh..he lost confidence in a playoff game after he was the best player on the court in the previous game..

He barely touched the ball in the 2nd half, and the spacing was awful, too..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. We'll be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can use whatever excuse or reason you want, but this is just outrageous, especially after dominating game 1, and against a team he has dominated all season long..

The Spurs' offense was completely disrupted after Carlisle made the switch to Marion covering Parker, tbh..you can point out the shooting % and the defense, but allowing 33 points off 25 turnovers is the biggest reason the Spurs lost this game..

Carlisle's game 1 strategy to make Duncan/Parker and 1 on 1 basketball beat the Mavs effectively shut down the Spurs' role players, but they couldn't stop Duncan/Parker..

Switching Marion onto Parker may be the solution to slow down Parker, and it was exacerbated by the fact that the other Spurs' star took 5 ing shot attempts..
    The reasons for the loss tonight:

1. 24 freaking turnovers, hard to win ANY game with that many TO's.

2. Tim only getting 5 FGA's, which is mind-boggling

3. Kawhi having limited FGA's as well. It didnt help that he picked up 2 quick fouls and then when he later came back in picked up his 3rd right away too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably our best shot with Playoff Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. We'll be fine.
    Yeah the series is far from over, but the bench really needs to step up. Diaw/Beli/Mills have all been awful to start the postseason. Leonard and Green need to get on track too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spacing was all ed up this game... not sure if it was because of Marion's switch or what... gotta rewatch it... basically, Tim did get posted up, at least in the 1st half, but he kicked it back out. Just couldn't get position.

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, I was harping on this in the game thread. Marion switched to Parker in the second quarter IIRC and Parker was really slowed down thereafter. If he's their Sefolosha, then...

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a terrible argument, tbh..he lost confidence in a playoff game after he was the best player on the court in the previous game..

He barely touched the ball in the 2nd half, and the spacing was awful, too..
    That's what it is.

There is not forcing things and there is shying away.

Tim definitely shies away on occasion. I don't get it either, but it definitely happens. This isn't the first time we've seen it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't even look to post him in the 2nd half, I think he had 1 post-up look IIRC..

Parker vs. Marion definitely ed the offense, and Pop's only adjustment was running Tony off screens, rather than looking to anybody else IMO..relying on Manu getting hot from 3 isn't a viable solution..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, I was harping on this in the game thread. Marion switched to Parker in the second quarter IIRC and Parker was really slowed down thereafter. If he's their Sefolosha, then...
    TP is easy to stop in the playoffs. There's a reason his numbers always drop come playoff time. Our chances of winning this series depend on Duncan and Manu. Pop not being a re would help too. Dallas isn't as good as they played these first two games. Just an average team with a great coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I checked the L column the minute I saw the 9 turnovers in the 1st quarter and Pop playing Ayers.
    The other thing is Pop and Parker who still have not figured out how attack a switching defense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs badly outplayed and out coached in both games.

Mavs +28 FGAs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . Parker only took 10 shots in the entire game and made 5 of them for a 50% showing with three assists.

He can't make somebody else shoot the damn ball.

Manu, everyone's designated hero in this game took more shots than anyone else on the team but also gave up 6 turnovers. 6 turnovers!!

Mills shot miserably, Kawhi played miserably, Duncan played tentatively, and the only guy you call out is PARKER? Seriously? Your hatred of a a man playing for some reason other than money has blinded you to reason completely.

If there was ever an example of a team losing as a team, this was it tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There really hasn't been much ball movement. It's as if the Spurs' have completely changed their strategy to allow more isos for Parker and Manu. We're seeing less shots from Bellineli and Mills, less touches for Kawhi and Duncan, and less ball movement on offense. This will be the Spurs' downfall, tbh. I like Manu, but he shouldn't be scoring 27 points in any game. It should be a balanced scoring distribution, which is exactly how the Spurs did it in the regular season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . Parker only took 10 shots in the entire game and made 5 of them for a 50% showing with three assists.

He can't make somebody else shoot the damn ball.

Manu, everyone's designated hero in this game took more shots than anyone else on the team but also gave up 6 turnovers. 6 turnovers!!

Mills shot miserably, Kawhi played miserably, Duncan played tentatively, and the only guy you call out is PARKER? Seriously? Your hatred of a a man playing for some reason other than money has blinded you to reason completely.

If there was ever an example of a team losing as a team, this was it tonight.
    Still defending Parker even after he got shut down by 50 year old Marion?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP is easy to stop in the playoffs. There's a reason his numbers always drop come playoff time. Our chances of winning this series depend on Duncan and Manu. Pop not being a re would help too. Dallas isn't as good as they played these first two games. Just an average team with a great coach.
    Jeez man, if Parker is easy to stop in the playoffs, then it must be for some reason other than playing for his home country in the summer. You always say that Parker is miserable because he has the audacity to play for patriotism as well as for salary. But now you say he is always able to be stopped in the playoffs, then it must be for some reason other than his patriotism to his home country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still defending Parker even after he got shut down by 50 year old Marion?
    Not so much defending Parker as attacking your specious logic.

Thread Information