My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas played well but this game was very well within reach if it wasn't for the easy mental aspects: turnovers, missed fts. My question is, considering this team's wealth of playoff experience and knowledge that this could be their very last run, why the is there such a lack of focus and intensity? It's not like they are a young team and this is their 1st playoff game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 games in a row had something to do with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players are completely confused by what Carlisle is throwing at them. Don't know whether to exploit mismatches like kawhi vs Monta or stick to their pass-first mentality, so they end up doing neither.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What we should be doing:

It seems that Pop's taken away Mills' freedom to create his own shot. He now defers most of the point guard duties to Manu and stands in the corner as catch and shoot player. Why would Pop change the game plan in the playoffs? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least we smelled good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a fan I am totally confused as to what is happening.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 assists Game 1 17 Game 2 4 reg season games..97 assists/.. 9 less per game..no ball movement..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because we've wiped our ass with the Mavs since the 2011-2012 season tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because we've wiped our ass with the Mavs since the 2011-2012 season tbh..
    Well, they better get back to that very soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coasting...

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Overconfidence I think. They need to get their focus back in Dallas. I think they will.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if there is some emotional trauma/hangover from last June.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naw. The Spurs had a bunch of mental errors. The Mavs weren't playing awesome defense. They were hustling, but the Spurs kept expecting to play better and they were forcing things. By forcing things, they went away from ball movement, and started driving where there weren't open lanes and shooting bad jumpers when there was time to move the ball for a better shot. The just pressed. But nothing like a good butt whipping to get your focus back. The Spurs will play much better Saturday. They'll be on the road, which will help them focus even more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things #1 they don't respect the mavs hopefully they do now. #2 I think they really wanna just fast foward to the finals it's what they've been waiting for. Hopefully they'll slow down and take care of business. I saw more lack of effort and focus than ever from this team, that's why I'm not worried. We've seen many times in this situation they don't take a team serious until they lose. So now it's time to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overconfidence I think. They need to get their focus back in Dallas. I think they will.
    Agreed. I believe we'll see more of a sense of urgency emerge on the Spurs part as the series evolves. I could see this thing stretching out to a long series, though. Six or seven games is not what the Spurs wanted, I'm sure, but I think it's headed that way. Dallas is well-coached, and if the Spurs aren't careful they could get upset.

The West is stacked. There will be no easy outs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every now and then the Spurs come out with such lethargy that they do the most stupidest things and you sit there and wonder "who the are these guys"? Pop is guilty in his own way. I know Duncan, Parker, Green and Kahwi can bounce back. Hopefully Diaw, Mills and Belli can crank it up. I mean give Dallas credit. But they always need some kind of wake up call. Hopefully this is it.

And I agree with the overconfidence. The Spurs thought they could jack off the game and turn the switch on. That probably comes from blowing too many teams out during the regular season. Grind it out, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These niggz is coastin', mayne. They's bored with these mavs. Easy skanking....taking it easy....taking it Eslow...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lolz its one game. Bees can smell you.

Thread Information