My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It`s fluky. Mavs cant play any better.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs are definitely peaking right now. But Ellis is definitely playing way over his head, as are various other Mavs role players. With the right defensive adjustments, the spurs will have this series in the bag. Depends on whether Pop is able to make these adjustments. I think he will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs are definitely peaking right now. But Ellis is definitely playing way over his head, as are various other Mavs role players. With the right defensive adjustments, the spurs will have this series in the bag. Depends on whether Pop is able to make these adjustments. I think he will.
    playin over his head or just avg is still better then enrique, stop downplaying under underrating the enemy...

this spurs team is just a system with plug in plug out players specialize in certain aspects lacking in the system...it would make a difference if enrique actually plays defense or any playmaking skills when his offensive game is shut

too many individuals on this team lacking so much in other areas when the team system is not good enough to protect that weakness that turns into an advantage exploit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing fluky about a buzzer beater 3 from 40 year old Vince Carter. Nope, not at all

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's really pointless to discuss in this context. Very fluky. But Mavs playing incredible. Maxed out all things considered. Spurs lots of opportunity to improve.
    lol...... i see you're in that denial stage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs are returning what the Warriors did on them in 07 to the Spurs this year. Fluky shots are fluky, but the Warriors won the series which was all that mattered, because it gave us the laughing stock. I usually thought to myself that it would've been great if the Spurs were the 8th seed that year so we would've had direct laughing rights, but too bad our team has always been too classic in Duncan's era to ever drop out of the top 4.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I was wrong bout dem Mavs. I still think they'll choke away the series, but these three games so far have been very impressive.
    suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And s upstairs tried to tell me Manu was better than Ellis over the summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya that was gold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs
    getting 8'd
    again
    no excuses this time
    Pop
    MVEnrique
    etc

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs probably the most overrated #1 seed next to the Pacers in recent history.
    0-8 against Houston and OK City combined should have raised more concerns about how good the Spurs really are.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs will win this series. Gonna be heartbreaking to be the only franchise in NBA history to lose to an 8th seed....twice.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mavs will win this series. Gonna be heartbreaking to be the only franchise in NBA history to lose to an 8th seed....twice.
    If the Mavs undo their own debacle against the #1 fanbase that talked so much against them, could Spurs fans live that down?

SA was another fluke from being down 0-3

Call it fluky but the Mavs just prepared for the Spurs and it's evident. Relying on scrubs to bail your team out in the Playoffs is a death sentence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start the next game thread imo. Maybe Tim's ACLs will explode and put him out of his misery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Mavs undo their own debacle against the #1 fanbase that talked so much against them, could Spurs fans live that down?

SA was another fluke from being down 0-3

Call it fluky but the Mavs just prepared for the Spurs and it's evident. Relying on scrubs to bail your team out in the Playoffs is a death sentence
    The Mavs aren't forcing the Spurs to rely on scrubs, their strategy is to shut down the role players and force Parker/Duncan/Ginobili to beat them..Pop hasn't adjusted, and Parker hasn't been able to string 2 halves together..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Mavs aren't forcing the Spurs to rely on scrubs, their strategy is to shut down the role players and force Parker/Duncan/Ginobili to beat them..Pop hasn't adjusted, and Parker hasn't been able to string 2 halves together..
    Yeah I agree with you. I just feel like the Spurs are still hoping to squeeze out a miracle from guys like Green and Mills who were great during the regular season but have not amounted to in the PO's.

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mavs aren't winning another game.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan can beat the, he did in game 1, and now kawhi I playing well. Kawhi is this year's speedy Claxton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain't nothing wrong with a flukey series win tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya that was gold
    Well, he is. He was during the regular season and he's being better now on the playoffs.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs in 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol all the re ed s that keep repeating the "relying on scrubs" like the Spurs hadn't been to WCF and NBA finals the last two playoffs runs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he is. He was during the regular season and he's being better now on the playoffs.
    Well no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reg. season

Manu: 22.8 mpg, 12.3 ppg, 47 FG%, 35 3pt%, 85 FT%, 4.3 asst, 3.0 rpg, 1 stl. PER:20.06
    Ellis: 36.9 mpg, 19.4 ppg, 45 FG%, 33 3pt%, 78 FT%, 5.7 asst, 3.6 rpg, 1.7 stl. PER:16.83 lol

Playoffs

Manu: 29 mpg, 18.7 ppg, 47 FG%, 50 3pt%, 82 FT%, 4 asst, 4.3 rpg, 1.7 stl
    Ellis: 35.7 mpg, 20.3 ppg, 42 FG%, 30 3pt%, 90 FT%, 2.3 asst, 2.3 rpg, 1.7 stl

I guess you can make the excuse that Ellis is able to play more minutes during the season but that doesn't matter much 'cause now when it matters they play more or less the same amount of minutes. In any case the difference isn't big enough to be throwing smilies around, specially when you consider the fit with the Spurs. I doubt Ellis would have done well coming off the bench playing 26 minutes per game. Besides, we already have a chucker with below average height that likes to drible way too much and can't shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reg. season

Manu: 22.8 mpg, 12.3 ppg, 47 FG%, 35 3pt%, 85 FT%, 4.3 asst, 3.0 rpg, 1 stl. PER:20.06
    Ellis: 36.9 mpg, 19.4 ppg, 45 FG%, 33 3pt%, 78 FT%, 5.7 asst, 3.6 rpg, 1.7 stl. PER:16.83 lol

Playoffs

Manu: 29 mpg, 18.7 ppg, 47 FG%, 50 3pt%, 82 FT%, 4 asst, 4.3 rpg, 1.7 stl
    Ellis: 35.7 mpg, 20.3 ppg, 42 FG%, 30 3pt%, 90 FT%, 2.3 asst, 2.3 rpg, 1.7 stl

I guess you can make the excuse that Ellis is able to play more minutes during the season but that doesn't matter much 'cause now when it matters they play more or less the same amount of minutes. In any case the difference isn't big enough to be throwing smilies around, specially when you consider the fit with the Spurs. I doubt Ellis would have done well coming off the bench playing 26 minutes per game. Besides, we already have a chucker with below average height that likes to drible way too much and can't shoot.
    7 min is not the same amount of minutes... Ellis won game 3 for the mavs. He is so annoying that spurs are spending the serie to find solution to defend him .... Green, Manu, Leonard even cojo. If you think Ellis is not much more impactful so far on that serie you are a tool.

Who advocated Ellis playing for the spurs tbh ? Saying he would be better off the bench than Manu ? You are the one bringing the Manu > Ellis which is dumb.

Also nobody brought Parker in that conversation. Parker had a great half and faded while Manu did nothing first half and had a great second half and I ed at those who were blaming manu upstairs. You are just an homer that spend his time rescuing Manu or Messi everywhere.

Thread Information