San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the tie in with Ben Kingsly and Gandhi

Bengandhi.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You Lie

I push back against you ignorant, duped Beghazi! obsessives.
    There is no one to push back against. You have been the only one bumping dead threads.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no one to push back against. You have been the only one bumping dead threads.
    there are plenty of rightwing sheeple here who says Hillary was responsible for 4 dead Americans. GFY

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    there are plenty of rightwing sheeple here who says Hillary was responsible for 4 dead Americans. GFY
    Last rightwing sheeple post here was June 2014 you stupid .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last rightwing sheeple post here was June 2014 you stupid .
    Threads aren't dead until The Great Boutons says they are dead, you stupid .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^You Lie.

This is all part of the VLWC

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Threads aren't dead until The Great Boutons says they are dead, you stupid .
    I challenge you to find the last rightwing sheeple to bring up Benghazi on this board.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I challenge you to find the last rightwing sheeple to bring up Benghazi on this board.
    Do you really think I jump when you say frog?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Do you really think I jump when you say frog?
    Not up for the challenge I see. Continue on then being the only one left talking about Benghazi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not up for the challenge I see. Continue on then being the only one left talking about Benghazi.
    no, check with inbred Confederate Gowdy.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    no, check with inbred Confederate Gowdy.
    Was not aware Gowdy posted on Spurstalk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suit Over Firing Exposes Strife Within Benghazi Panel

A former investigator for the Republicans on the House Select Committee on Benghazi plans to file a complaint in federal court next month alleging that he was fired unlawfully in part because his superiors opposed his efforts to conduct a comprehensive investigation into the 2012 attack on the American diplomatic mission in the Libyan city.

Instead, they focused primarily on the role of the State Department and former Secretary of StateHillary Rodham Clinton, he said.

The former investigator, Bradley F. Podliska, a major in the Air Force Reserve who is on active duty in Germany, also claims that the committee’s majority staff retaliated against him for taking leave for several weeks to go on active duty.

If true, the retaliation would violate the federal Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994, which Major Podliska plans to invoke in his complaint, according to a draft that was made available to The New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/us...ully.html?_r=0

... to honor the people who lost their lives and their families!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clinton Emails Became the New Focus of Benghazi Inquiry

he focus of the committee’s work has shifted from the cir stances surrounding the Benghazi attack to the politically charged issue of Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.

seven other congressional committees have already examined the attacks, the select committee has been able to unearth new information on Benghazi because, unlike the other committees, it has a mandate to look across multiple agencies and see the “entire elephant,” as Dana K. Chipman, the select committee’s chief counsel, put it.

the work of the Benghazi committee has been affected by delays and dysfunction.

The process of setting up an electronic system to manage more than 50,000 pages of do ents that the committee has assembled is still not complete, meaning that staff members sometimes have to search through boxes to find critical pieces of paper — an almost comical task, staff members said.

With the slow progress, members have engaged in social activities like a wine club nicknamed “Wine Wednesdays,” drinking from glasses imprinted with the words “Glacial Pace,” a dig at Representative Elijah E. mings, Democrat of Maryland and the committee’s ranking member, Major Podliska said. Mr. mings used the term to question the speed of the committee’s work.

At one point, several Republican staff members formed a gun-buying club and discussed in the committee’s conference room the 9-millimeter Glock handguns they intended to buy and what type of monograms they would inscribe on them, Major Podliska said.

Mr. Boehner had long been su ious of the administration’s handling of the attacks and that Mrs. Clinton’s emails gave him a way to keep the issue alive and to cause political problems for her campaign.

But he thought that the task was too delicate to entrust to others and that it should remain with Mr. Gowdy, the former prosecutor.

Late last month, preserving the investigation’s credibility became more difficult when Representative Kevin McCarthy, the House majority leader, inadvertently offered corroboration of Democrats’ su ions.

Democrats and Republicans who remember the Watergate and Whitewater investigations have said this is not the first time that a committee started off focusing on one issue and ended up looking at another.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/12/us...=top-news&_r=0

Repugs are as incompetent and bungling as the Nixon's Watergate plumbers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    booboo still the only one on ST routinely talking about benghazi

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Benghazi!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Benghazi Committee Caught Making Bogus Accusation Against Hillary Clinton

Trey Gowdy, the chair of the Select Committee on Benghazi, leveled a very serious charge against Hillary Clinton in an October 7 letter. Gowdy asserted that Hillary Clinton disclosed the name of CIA source in an email sent from her private server. Gowdy wrote that the information was “some of the most protected information in our intelligence community, the release of which could jeopardize not only national security but human lives.”

The Washington Examiner covered the story with this headline: “Clinton burns CIA Libya contact.”

This does not appear to be true.

A letter from Elijah mings, the ranking Democrat on the committee, reveals that the CIA reviewed the email in question and found that the information in question was not classified.

mings said that Gowdy’s accusation was “irresponsible” and suggested he owes “an immediate apology” to Hillary Clinton.

In response, Gowdy acknowledged the CIA’s view but said that “the name of the alleged source was redacted from the material cleared for public release by someone in the Executive Branch.” mings explained that the name was redacted “not for classification reasons, but to protect the individual’s privacy and avoid bringing additional undue attention to this person.”

The dustup comes on the heals of a number of embarrassing revelations from the Benghazi committee. Republican Major Leader Kevin McCarthy bragged that the committee had successfullydriven down Hillary Clinton’s poll numbers. Another Republican Congressman, Mark Hanna, said the committee was “designed to go after” Clinton.

Clinton is scheduled to testify in front of the committee this week.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ee-accusation/

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Benghazi Committee Caught Making Bogus Accusation Against Hillary Clinton

Trey Gowdy, the chair of the Select Committee on Benghazi, leveled a very serious charge against Hillary Clinton in an October 7 letter. Gowdy asserted that Hillary Clinton disclosed the name of CIA source in an email sent from her private server. Gowdy wrote that the information was “some of the most protected information in our intelligence community, the release of which could jeopardize not only national security but human lives.”

The Washington Examiner covered the story with this headline: “Clinton burns CIA Libya contact.”

This does not appear to be true.

A letter from Elijah mings, the ranking Democrat on the committee, reveals that the CIA reviewed the email in question and found that the information in question was not classified.

mings said that Gowdy’s accusation was “irresponsible” and suggested he owes “an immediate apology” to Hillary Clinton.

In response, Gowdy acknowledged the CIA’s view but said that “the name of the alleged source was redacted from the material cleared for public release by someone in the Executive Branch.” mings explained that the name was redacted “not for classification reasons, but to protect the individual’s privacy and avoid bringing additional undue attention to this person.”

The dustup comes on the heals of a number of embarrassing revelations from the Benghazi committee. Republican Major Leader Kevin McCarthy bragged that the committee had successfullydriven down Hillary Clinton’s poll numbers. Another Republican Congressman, Mark Hanna, said the committee was “designed to go after” Clinton.

Clinton is scheduled to testify in front of the committee this week.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ee-accusation/

You worthless piece of I had a bet with a member here you would go a week without being the only person posting in this thread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You worthless piece of I had a bet with a member here you would go a week without being the only person posting in this thread.
    Benghazi is alive and YOOGE.

Take the slapping of the Repug Benghazi charade like a little .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Gowdy tells Republicans skeptical of Benghazi committee to ‘shut up’ about it

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/trey...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    booboo still the only one on ST routinely talking about benghazi

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Echo

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Chamber

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congress' Benghazi probe not aimed at Clinton, lawmaker says

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/19/us-usa-election-benghazi-idUSKCN0SC12L20151019?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNew s

7 committees, investigations so far, and counting

Repug MISgovernance,

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hillary Bashing by the Right: Crafty, Cruel, And Commoditized

The Supreme Court’s game-changing Citizens United decision grew out of the Hillary-bashing industry.

One of the big-time winners of Tuesday night’s Democratic Party debate has to be the Hate Hillary Industry; an area of commerce that has been around for decades cranking out books, videos, political advertisements, tweets, Facebook posts, and raking in oodles of money.

In the next few months, In the coming weeks and months, the Republican Party, shadowy Super PACS, and assorted dark money outfits will make the Benghazi hearings and Hillary’s e-mail controversy look like a tea party on a summer afternoon.

Hillary Bashing, which started out as a small-time cottage industry has developed into a political/entrepreneurial trend.

the rise of Hillary Clinton as her own political en y led seamlessly to the rise of a gaggle of media savvy veterans, public relations and advertising gurus, partisan pollsters, and run-of-the-mill ideologues, ready to both take her down, and enjoy the financial fruits of their labor.

In early 2000, The Washington, DC-based National Conservative Campaign Fund issued a Special Report led "Campaign Strategy to Stop Hillary Clinton," aimed at driving up her negatives, establishing a "Defeat Hillary Clinton" Web site, and running a protracted anti-Hillary media campaign. (Fifteen years later, Republican Congressman Kevin McCarthy would inadvertently admit that the continuation of the Benghazi Committee was also aimed at driving up Hillary’s negatives.)

In April 2000, the American Enterprise Ins ute, a Washington, DC-based right wing think tank, hosted a conference called "The Legacy and Future of Hillary Rodham Clinton." Co-sponsored by David Horowitz's Los Angeles-based Center for the Study of Popular Culture, the event, wrote journalist David Corn, "tilted toward the Hillary-sucks side." Later the same year, Morton Blackwell, who founded the profoundly conservative organization The Leadership Ins ute in 1979, established a group called the Emergency Committee to Stop Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Five years later, Arthur Finkelstein’s Stop Her Now operation commanded media attention. Finkelstein, a master of the political attack ad who played a key role in George Pataki's defeat of New York State’s Gov. Mario Cuomo in 1994, set up a website aimed at cutting Hillary off at the pass and raising millions of dollars. Finkelstein also intended Stop Her Now to be a gathering place for conservative activists working against Hillary. Finkelstein’s thinking: Defeat her Senatorial re-election and end her White House possibilities.

"Stop Her Now" was eventually turned over to Republican Party political activist and businessman Richard H. Collins. Collins, a contributor to Rudy Giuliani's failed attempt to win the Republican Party's 2008 presidential nomination, and tried a different tack. His website, rechristened
    "Stop Her Now: Rescuing America from the radical ideas of Hillary Clinton," limited the vitriol, using humor and satire to expose the "real truth about Hillary Clinton." The site had a daily blog and featured 'The Hillary Show,' a weekly video lampooning the candidate and her Democratic Party colleagues.

2007-2008 was a pivotal time for Hillary Clinton bashers. It was obvious to conservatives that she would sail through the Democratic Party’s primaries and win the nomination. All sorts of preparations were thwarted by Senator Barack Obama’s meteoric rise and historic ride to the nomination, and ultimately the White House.

What appeared to be a season of doom and gloom for conservatives, particularly Citizens United’s David Bossie -- who knew he had “the goods” on Hillary -- turned into the Supreme Court’s landmark Citizens United ruling in 2010. The controversial Bossie played a key role in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, which allowed unlimited spending on election campaigns by corporations, unions and nonprofit organizations.

Here’s a brief Citizens United summary: Hillary:

The Movie was produced by Bossie, based on his book Hillary: The Politics of Personal Destruction.

The film contained interviews "with experts, opinion makers, and many of the people who personally locked horns with the Clintons."

Those "experts" described Hillary as someone "steeped in sleaze" and who represented a "fundamental danger" to "every value that we hold dear."

The film included a who's who of conservative commentators; Morris, Ann Coulter, Newt Gingrich, Tony Blankley, Armey, Bay Buchanan, Mark Levin, Frank Gaffney, Gary Aldrich, Dan Burton, Michael Medved, Kate O'Beirne, and Larry Kudlow.

Ironically, "[Hillary] Clinton may become ... [Citizens United's] beneficiary-in-chief, poised to cash in like no other political candidate has before," Dave Levinthal wrote in a piece last year led "Hillary Clinton: the 'Citizen United' candidate," posted at the website of The Center for Public Integrity.

On the Today show of
    January 27, 1998, Hillary Clinton suggested that there was a “vast right-wing conspiracy” that had been attacking against her husband for years.

Although her coining of the term was treated as a gaffe,
    it proved to be an accurate description of what was happening then, and what was yet to come, particularly as it has manifested itself during President Barack Obama’s presidency.

http://www.alternet.org/election-201...d-commoditized

All Empty, Debased, Destructive Politics, All The Time.

Actual governing is not on the VRWC/Repug/1% radar.

Thread Information