Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If that's the case Timmy Chang and Colt Brennan would have been top-five picks.
    And if Hawaii played in the SEC, Pac12, Big10, they would have been.

You do understand how this works, right?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's a good move. Let Hoyer start, rack up some easy wins so Shaw can learn the system more. Once Hoyer's inevitable injury occurs, they don't miss a beat when Based Shaw comes in and keeps the winning going.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    For his part, Manziel said he felt he got a fair opportunity to win the starting job and that “I don’t feel like I would’ve gone back and done anything differently” over the last few months.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-differently/

This got just doesn't get it....

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This really is incredible...

The Browns will be no better than 6-10 if that, they lost 11 of their last 12 games in 2013 and had only won 9 combined in 2011 and 2012. FIGURE THIS OUT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a bad team why not try something different? What they'll lose football games...THEY ALREADY SUCK!

Manziel can lose just as easily as Hoyer can.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    It's exactly how you "predict" NFL success since you have nothing else to go with. It's those college stats that determine who gets drafted here and there.

Tell me why was Clowney taken as the number one pick, yep.....college success. They saw the potential just like Manziel.

You'll never read/hear.....well he sucked at BYU, but is tailor made for the pros.....trust me.
    Clowney didn't go number 1 because of stats or production. Michael Sam had more sacks, but who's better at rushing the qb?

You go by the tape and their skill set, not by statistical production. Colt Brennan lot up the NCAA with monster passing numbers. Tebow and Russell had great completion percentages
    but are wildly inaccurate.

Skill sets transfer, stats dont

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Clowney didn't go number 1 because of stats or production. Michael Sam had more sacks, but who's better at rushing the qb?

You go by the tape and their skill set, not by statistical production. Colt Brennan lot up the NCAA with monster passing numbers. Tebow and Russell had great completion percentages
    but are wildly inaccurate.

Skill sets transfer, stats dont
    So why do we have the combine? Why not just watch tape? Why do we need the 40 numbers, the standing long jump numbers if stats don't matter?

You know as well as I do how little respect teams like Hawaii get, so why act like you don't?

yes scouts/coachs look at career stats the reason being they are very important. If you don't believe that then you've never heard...well he had 14 sacks in 2011 but only 8 in 2012. Who would care if that didn't matter?

So this is bogus and you know better?

Although the months leading up to the NFL draft tend to glorify individual workouts in shorts, there is no more important indicator of a player’s prospects for success at the next level than what they were able to do as a collegiate player.
    With that being said, many players who achieve statistical success at the collegiate level never have their games translate to success in the NFL.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    hoyer at least proved last year he can make this team win and also he is coming off a torn acl, making it even more ridiculous that johnee can't beat him..And obviously you agree he did not prove any of those points wrong.
    Football outplayed him both games, so I don't know why you are trying to make it seem like that scrub actually beat him out.

He won 2-3 games, so he's far from proven. Especially if he's not the same after the ACL injury which, going by how much he scrubbed it up, looks to be the case.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    This compe ion was never about Hoyer. As Browns coach Mike Pettine said, it was about Manziel versus the playbook. It sounds like the playbook is winning early.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that players knew Manziel was struggling to call plays. (Viewers of Monday Night Football got a taste of the issue during a telecast when Manziel struggled to spit out the complicated verbiage of the Kyle Shanahan system.)

Rapoport noted that the Browns quickly discovered what a steep learning curve Manziel had after playing in a spread college offense with no playbook. Play calls, snaps under center and setting protections were all skills that Manziel had to learn from the ground up.
    NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala relayed a conversation with wide receiver Andrew Hawkins, during which he talked about Hoyer's veteran command of the playbook.
    "With Johnny Manziel, the people in the huddle are still helping him a little bit," Kinkhabwala said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atl

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Andre Woodson put up big time numbers as a QB for Kentucky in the late 2000s. He couldn't sniff a roster.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    This compe ion was never about Hoyer. As Browns coach Mike Pettine said, it was about Manziel versus the playbook. It sounds like the playbook is winning early.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that players knew Manziel was struggling to call plays. (Viewers of Monday Night Football got a taste of the issue during a telecast when Manziel struggled to spit out the complicated verbiage of the Kyle Shanahan system.)

Rapoport noted that the Browns quickly discovered what a steep learning curve Manziel had after playing in a spread college offense with no playbook. Play calls, snaps under center and setting protections were all skills that Manziel had to learn from the ground up.
    NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala relayed a conversation with wide receiver Andrew Hawkins, during which he talked about Hoyer's veteran command of the playbook.
    "With Johnny Manziel, the people in the huddle are still helping him a little bit," Kinkhabwala said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atl

Aggie gonna Aggie tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I wish I coached the Browns. When I made the decision to bring in Manziel I took his skill set into consideration instead of trying to fit him into some system. Not unlike what we see with RW in Seattle.

He was never the prototypical NFL QB so why act like he is? I'd be trying to build my offense around his skill set. Actually talk to him about how we can make it work.

I know, I know....high school...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! College...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Avante this is the NFL ya dumb . But......this guy was totally incredible at the HS level, now look at the impact he made on the college game. This is a very special athlete, so why not do your best to put him in the best possible situation to succeed....or....don't draft him.

Bullet Bob Hayes was a running back at FAMU, once he got to Dallas they wanted to use his WR speed as a receiver, he would become the guy who is responsible for the zone defense. Dallas knew how to use him.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-21-2014 at 12:50 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    so why not do your best to put him in the best possible situation to succeed....or....don't draft him.
    this i actually agree with, but at the same time, you cant just stick Manziel in the shotgun in a spread offense in the NFL

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    this i actually agree with, but at the same time, you cant just stick Manziel in the shotgun in a spread offense in the NFL
    The problem with the Browns is they just don't get it. Let's be honest this team isn't going anywhere in 2014 so why not do what they can to set them self up for 2015 and beyond? You start with finding an offense best suited for a guy who has proven if he's in the right situation he'll succeed.

A moving pocket***, the read option, the shotgun, three step drops from under center, that's what this guy is about. He's not a seven step drop then stand tall in the pocket, that should be obvious. If you drafted him to do that, you ed up.

*** Len Dawson (HOFer) made this work with the Chiefs.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    In b4 FKLA says Johnny ing football is such monster that he doesn't even need to know the playbook because he runs plays in his head.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    it's also why Manziel was an UDFA type of prospect to begin with...

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    it's funny how now some say that it's positive that he will be put into action slowly, when they could have done like the jags and not see him lose a battle in the first place.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    it's funny how now some say that it's positive that he will be put into action slowly, when they could have done like the jags and not see him lose a battle in the first place.
    What battle? Your hatred of Football is blinding you.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Inbred stans pretending there wasn't a QB compe ion after their messiah lost it

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    jesus christ you are too dumb

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Well actually dummy, Manziel totally out played Hoyer. Just look at the stats ya dumb .

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count

smh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

smh
    welp, there goes my 12th round pick lol.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    6/17 against third stringers

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    6/17 against third stringers
    but he had some magic improvisational plays

Thread Information