Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count

A tiny item caught my eye amid the hoopla about media access and Johnny Manziel's first practice weekend with the Cleveland Browns.

It came from Peter King of Sports Illustrated, who pointed out that the playbook (on a tablet) that Manziel received from the Browns was the first one he had been given in his football career. At Texas A&M, King wrote, Manziel a ran a group of plays given to him from week to week..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...manziels-first

Kolb
    Keenum
    now Manziel

Sumlin
    Aggy

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    The Cleveland Browns continued their public campaign to make Johnny Manziel feel like a rookie on Wednesday.

First-round draft pick signing tracker
    No. 1 pick Jadeveon Clowney has yet to sign with the Texans. Find out which first-rounders have contracts secured. More...
    On the same afternoon that Manziel took snaps behind Brian Hoyer and Tyler Thigpen, general manager Ray Farmer indicated that Manziel has a lot of ground to make up in the team's quarterback compe ion.

"I want the best quarterback to start. Who is the best quarterback? Brian Hoyer," Farmer told WKRK-FM in Cleveland. Farmer was then asked about the gap between Manziel and Hoyer.

"That's a good question. I would tell you that (Hoyer is better than Manziel) probably by a substantial margin," Farmer said. "I would say that because here's a guy that's a five- or six-year veteran who has been in the league, that knows the defenses, that reads it quicker, that understands it. (Hoyer) has an advanced calculus degree. Johnny is good at math, but I don't know if he's in the advanced calculus stages.

"(Experience in the league) means a lot. It means more than people think."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...tantial-margin

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    A tiny item caught my eye amid the hoopla about media access and Johnny Manziel's first practice weekend with the Cleveland Browns.

It came from Peter King of Sports Illustrated, who pointed out that the playbook (on a tablet) that Manziel received from the Browns was the first one he had been given in his football career. At Texas A&M, King wrote, Manziel a ran a group of plays given to him from week to week..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...manziels-first

Kolb
    Keenum
    now Manziel

Sumlin
    Aggy
    Not a surprise.... the only books they have at Aggy are the kind you color in

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    The Cleveland Browns continued their public campaign to make Johnny Manziel feel like a rookie on Wednesday.

First-round draft pick signing tracker
    No. 1 pick Jadeveon Clowney has yet to sign with the Texans. Find out which first-rounders have contracts secured. More...
    On the same afternoon that Manziel took snaps behind Brian Hoyer and Tyler Thigpen, general manager Ray Farmer indicated that Manziel has a lot of ground to make up in the team's quarterback compe ion.

"I want the best quarterback to start. Who is the best quarterback? Brian Hoyer," Farmer told WKRK-FM in Cleveland. Farmer was then asked about the gap between Manziel and Hoyer.

"That's a good question. I would tell you that (Hoyer is better than Manziel) probably by a substantial margin," Farmer said. "I would say that because here's a guy that's a five- or six-year veteran who has been in the league, that knows the defenses, that reads it quicker, that understands it. (Hoyer) has an advanced calculus degree. Johnny is good at math, but I don't know if he's in the advanced calculus stages.

"(Experience in the league) means a lot. It means more than people think."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...tantial-margin
    Hoyer can be the unquestioned starter in June/July. No way Football stays glued to the bench for very long once the regular season starts. If I was Football though this little campaign the Browns are on wouldve started rubbing me the wrong way by now tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Hoyer can be the unquestioned starter in June/July. No way Football stays glued to the bench for very long once the regular season starts. If I was Football though this little campaign the Browns are on wouldve started rubbing me the wrong way by now tbh.
    They're just testing him, tbh imo. They want to see how he handles the criticisms and the compe ion. Johnny thrives under these types of cir stances.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    They're just testing him, tbh imo. They want to see how he handles the criticisms and the compe ion. Johnny thrives under these types of cir stances.
    I completely understand having him earn a starting spot or not treating him any better than any other rookie. They are purposely treating him worse than any other rookie though, letting everybody know that he is a back-up/measly rookie every chance they get is not normal.

I dont doubt that he will come out of this on top though tbh.

Cleveland is terribly mishandling the Manziel situation. They obviously don't know the kid and no good is going to come out of treating him like this.

I really thought this could have been a good spot for Johnny but I'm almost certain the dumbass ownership and gm of the browns will turn this into a dumpster fire. I wish he would have fell to KC and Andy Reid one more pick.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Treating him like what???

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    they're treating their rookie like a rookie
    what a terrible franchise move

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    just another player, which he is.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Yeah, because it's completely normal to keep reiterating that he is a back-up/rookie every chance they get. Especially when Football has not done anything to suggest he feels en led bc of what he did in college.
    Last edited by FkLA; 05-27-2014 at 03:05 PM.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count

Gronk and Football are bosses tbh.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Yeah, because it's completely normal to keep reiterating that he is a back-up/rookie every chance they get. Especially when Football has not done anything to suggest he feels en led bc of what he did in college.
    it's because he is a rookie

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    And bull he hasn't done anything to feel en led. He threw a goddamn hissy fit when his daddy told him he wasn't buying him a benz. And threw a tantrum until he did.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

Gronk and Football are bosses tbh.
    ...and he hasn't even taken a snap yet.

So glad he's Cleveland's problem.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    it's because he is a rookie
    Either you are really dumb or just blinded by your hate.

And bull he hasn't done anything to feel en led. He threw a goddamn hissy fit when his daddy told him he wasn't buying him a benz. And threw a tantrum until he did.
    1. Link?
    2. How does that have anything to do with on the field/NFL en lement?

...and he hasn't even taken a snap yet.

So glad he's Cleveland's problem.
    He was just enjoying his weekend. Its the off-season. What exactly is the issue here ?

U have my perm. to die The Batman's Avatar
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    http://deadspin.com/johnny-manziel-d...wan-1587544492

There are some things that are inherently believable. Like, when someone tweets "not the greatest of pics, but here's Manziel enjoying some X games after party festivities in Austin at Rio" and it's a dude floating on an inflatable swan chugging a bottle of liquor, you just believe it because, well, why wouldn't Manziel do that? If you had the chance to just chill out on your stomach and float around boozing on an inflatable swan, you would definitely do that.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the Browns to find him in a hotel room on game day in bed with several strippers and covered in blow.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    is this guy for real?

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Hilarious pic. But what y'all actually think other players aren't partying during the off-season?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ryan Leaf 2.0

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Hilarious pic. But what y'all actually think other players aren't partying during the off-season?
    yeah dude, i can totally picture manning and brady doing this

Thread Information