-- Sales on NFLShop.com from April 1-July 17

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    vince young

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Pettine said Manziel was a great teammate in the previous time he was in Cleveland, calling him "very humble." The typical litany of positives followed: good in the weight room, attentive in meetings, smart.

Pettine then added this tidbit: "I think he's ahead of the learning curve."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-br...johnny-manziel

Hoyer better lube up his asshole bc Football is coming for that starting spot tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I wonder if this long delay to actually suspend Gordon means he actually has a case not to be suspended. It seems to be dragging on.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Browns 'alarmed' by some of Johnny Manziel's behavior, concerned it's set him back in QB compe ion

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...medium=twitter

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    I like how you leave out the last part of the le.

lol sources

Meanwhile here's the one direct quote from that article regarding his 'antics' :

Pettine remained unfazed through most of the twitter and Instagram posts, the inflatable swans, the money phones and the Bieber blowout, but became concerned -- along with everyone else in the organization -- when the bill-rolling photo landed.In addition to calling Manziel, Pettine got on the horn with some of Manziel's college coaches and was assured he'd buckle down once camp started.

"I know as committed he is to football, once the season starts, it should not be an issue,'' Pettine said. "People who know him have said it will stop.''

...and here's another one just for fun:

Pettine said Manziel was a great teammate in the previous time he was in Cleveland, calling him "very humble." The typical litany of positives followed: good in the weight room, attentive in meetings, smart.

Pettine then added this tidbit: "I think he's ahead of the learning curve."

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Manziel regressed in practice after the first week of organized team activities, and some in the organization attributed it to too much jet-setting and not enough dedication to the playbook.
    Team officials had bought into Manziel's pre-draft promises to tone down the partying and leave his frat-boy lifestyle back in College Station, Texas, and they've been stunned by his non-stop antics, sources said.

On Monday, he told cleveland.com that although Brian Hoyer is starting out No. 1 on the depth chart, he views the compe ion "as open'' and vowed to give Hoyer and Manziel reps with "the same supporting cast'' to make it as fair and even as possible.
    By Wednesday afternoon, after meeting with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains, Pettine told a second wave of reporters in one-on-one interviews that Manziel wouldn't be getting reps with the first team offense during the early days of training camp, which begins Saturday.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    lol 'sources say'

Meanwhile:

He will get reps with the ones at some point,” coach Mike Pettine told Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com. “But early on . . . we only talked about how we would handle things very early in camp and then make that assessment after the first off day and then have a plan for the scrimmage [on August 2]. We’ll see where he is coming out of the summer.”

“Yeah, but I think it still needs to get to a point where if it’s affecting his job, that he’s in a situation where he goes out and has a good time, are there other players in the NFL that do that? Absolutely,” Pettine said. “But his persona, and it’s a phenomenon, has created something where people seek those photographs and are very eager to put them out. Does he go out more than some guys? Maybe. But he’s young and that’s his lifestyle and it is the offseason. If this is a pattern during the season and it is affecting his work, then that’s much more cause for concern. . . . To me, his life as an NFL player truly starts now and he’ll be judged on that. And if we get the hint that there’s behaviors affecting his work or there’s criminal activity then absolutely there’s cause for concern.

“I felt very positive coming out of the conversation and I’m very confident moving forward, now that it’s 100 percent about football, that it will be much less of an issue,” Pettine said.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ps-right-away/

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Browns coach Mike Pettine told reporters at team headquarters on Monday that a starting quarterback would be named by the third week of the preseason if not before.

Pettine said he would meet on Tuesday with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains to decide how to split first-team reps in training camp between former Texas A&M star Manziel and Hoyer.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FR21S20140722

but but sources say hes not getting 1st team reps bc hes ryan leaf 2.0

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FR21S20140722

but but sources say hes not getting 1st team reps bc hes ryan leaf 2.0
    he DID meet with the offensive coordinator/qb coach on tuesday, and on wednesday he announced that manziel wont be getting first team reps early on

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    he DID meet with the offensive coordinator/qb coach on tuesday, and on wednesday he announced that manziel wont be getting first team reps early on
    And? Theyve been saying all off-season Hoyer is the starter so why is that even surprising or attributed to his 'antics' ?

Like Ive been saying Hoyer can be the undisputed starter in July and August, once the season starts and the Browns start struggling it'll only be a matter of time before fans start calling for Football.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    it's pretty obvious the browns are terrorized by all the johnny jokes that are about to come soon.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think we can all agree that this is a stupid take:

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hoyer's clipboard-holder
    May: "I'm going to put my head down and work"
    July: "I'm sorry for all my 'rookie mistakes' (aka snorting coke) "
    Only losing ground in the QB compe ion
    Leaf 2.0

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Manziel to scramble 85 yards for a TD on the first play from scrimmage only to be found celebrating by snorting cocaine he hid on the goal line.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    First, the Browns were reportedly "stunned" by Johnny Manziel's nonstop partying. Days later, Manziel, the team's 2014 first-round pick, told reporters his off-field activities wouldn't affect his ability to win a starting job.
    On Saturday, after the Browns' first training camp practice, team owner Jimmy Haslam weighed in on the matter.

"I don't want to wear this subject out,'' he said, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot. "Johnny said it himself. He made some mistakes. We expect better from him. I'm sure he'll perform now. We're anxious to see what he can do on the field, which is what really counts."

Asked whether Manziel had learned his lesson about taking his job seriously, Haslam said, "We'll see."

Manziel's response to Haslam's "we'll see" at ude about his rookie quarterback?

"Here's the thing I want to say,'' Manziel began. "The reason that I'm popular or the reason people follow me and there's been such a buzz around me is that when I went out on Saturdays at Texas A&M, I played with an extreme amount of passion and I played with my heart on my sleeve.

"But more than anything, I had fun. I have fun playing this game. I have fun going out on this field playing football. It's what I live for, it's what I do. Same way off the field, whether I'm going out and playing golf or going out and having a night life, whatever it is, I have a lot of fun. That's what my life is and luckily for me, I'm living out my dream of playing in the NFL and having a ton of fun.

"My dream has come true and finally I got some time to get some down time and celebrate that with my family and friends. This is the greatest life that I could have ever imagined for me and I'm loving that. So will I continue to get better at being a professional and learn lessons about life? Of course.

"I'm 21 years old and age is not an excuse, but I need to mature and I have done some immature things but moving forward I'm going to try and mature and get better and handle myself better as a professional that's really all I can say about that.
    "But my life is incredible. I'm blessed to be in this position and I'm going to have fun each and every day, whether it's practice, whether it's training camp, whether it's during the season and going out and playing the game, which will be even better or it's going out in the offseason and playing golf or hanging out with my family. Life's fun and enjoy it while it's here."
    So there you have it: Johnny Football is all about having

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...etter-from-him

Post Count
    Same way off the field, whether I'm going out and playing golf
    Leaf used to play golf instead of watching film too

Post Count
    "I’ve heard from many close to the Chargers that Harrison speaks the truth, that Leaf was anything but a tireless worker. While the other quarterbacks were marching off to the film room for hours of analysis after practices, Leaf could be seen heading to the golf course. The Chargers’ handicap was busy working on his handicap."

http://web.archive.org/web/200509260...glin080202.htm

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    BEREA, Ohio — A look at Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel’s day at training camp.
    JOHNNY’S STRUGGLES: Manziel continues to search for some level of consistency at training camp. He was not on target with many of his throws, struggling in 11-on-11 drills. Manziel was picked off multiple times, including a pass that sailed above wide receiver Anthony Armstrong’s head and was intercepted by Jordan Poyer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...747_story.html

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Ex-Bills WR Andre Reed bashes Johnny Manziel: Who the F is he?

Former Buffalo Bills wide receiver Andre Reed spent 16 years in the NFL and in those 16 years, he played in four Super Bowls, seven Pro Bowls and caught more passes than all but 10 players in NFL history.
    The point here is that Reed isn't a guy who's easily impressed and he's definitely not impressed with Johnny Manziel.
    In an interview with New York Magazine, Reed had some not so pleasant things to say about Johnny Football.
    The subject of Manziel came up during Reed's interview after a Manziel tweet about LeBron James showed up on 'SportsCenter.' In the tweet, which Johnny Football sent outafter James annnounced his return to Cleveland, Manziel referred to James as 'My guy.'
    "Who the f--- is Johnny Manziel?" Reed said. "LeBron ain't your guy! You're not 'Johnny Football.' You're 'Johnny Rookie .'"
    Reed, who will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Aug. 2, also added that Manziel wouldn't have been a good fit in Buffalo, "They'd boo that motherf----- outta here," Reed said. "The fans would put him in his place."
    So if you're reading and you're Johnny Manziel's agent, try to avoid sending Johnny to Buffalo at any point in his career.
    Manziel wasn't the only person Reed went after in his interview, the ex-Bills receiver also had strong comments for Jon Bon Jovi. "Man, f--- Bon Jovi," Reed said. "You might as well just take this city, throw it in the river, and let it go down Niagara Falls."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ho-the-f-is-he

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    BEREA, Ohio — A look at Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel’s day at training camp.
    JOHNNY’S STRUGGLES: Manziel continues to search for some level of consistency at training camp. He was not on target with many of his throws, struggling in 11-on-11 drills. Manziel was picked off multiple times, including a pass that sailed above wide receiver Anthony Armstrong’s head and was intercepted by Jordan Poyer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...747_story.html
    He had similar issues at A&M before finally winning the starting job.

Even though I'm a fan, I figured he would struggle. I always thought his game would have benefited from staying at A&M for one more season, but I can't fault him for leaving and taking/making the big bucks.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    He had similar issues at A&M before finally winning the starting job.

Even though I'm a fan, I figured he would struggle. I always thought his game would have benefited from staying at A&M for one more season, but I can't fault him for leaving and taking/making the big bucks.
    The main problem I saw (and most of SpursTalk outside of FkLA) is that we all know to translate to the NFL level you can't improvise as much as Johnny did, and you have to become a much more consistent player in the pocket. Manziel isn't a horrible pocket passer, but given his height, arm-strength, and what we've seen, he's an average prospect at best when it comes to pure pocket passing ability. Basically for him to convert to an NFL qb, he has to scramble and improvise less (what made him "johnny football" in college) and change the way he plays.

Basically you have to ask him to do less of what he was great at, and ask him to do more of what he was average at.

That wasn't even considering his character/off-field issues which are glaring red flags for a QB, more so than any other position in any sport.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    He struggled on the second day of full pads, as did Hoyer and the rest of the offense. Whoopty ing doo tbh.

Justin Gilbert has been balling btw.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Justin Gilbert has been balling btw.
    yeah, i heard he's Johnny's go-to receiver tbh

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Nah, he got Hoyer not Football tbh.

First team reps will be split btw. Not a big deal but thought you'd like to know since you seemed pretty excited about him not getting any last week.

Thread Information