Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Early on Jim Brown a FB had the speedy Bobby Mitc at RB. After Mitc was traded who took over at RB, no not Leroy Kelly, he took over after Brown was gone. Well?

Who was the QB of those teams with Brown?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Go eat a

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Translation...talk to me about dem blues

Cheetoh "John" Mills got his start singing during lunch in the penitentiary. He was convicted of killing his mom's husband but John always claimed he was innocent.
    He protested by not eating his slop but instead would stand on a table and belt out blues songs he wrote himself. He was shot by a guard in his second day in the pen.
    No recordings exist of this legend.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    How did Cheetoh get the nickname "John"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How did Cheetoh get the nickname "John"
    now you're asking the right questions...I've got books and books on these things but you won't find everything in a book...some of it...ya just have to know

when he was younger...in his teens, Cheetoh had stomach problems (probably due to a combination of bad diet and lead in the water).
    He couldn't eat a meal without having to go to the bathroom 10 minutes later. One day, he was pooping on the toilet down at the gas station and he noticed
    a poem written on the stall wall. When he left, the gas pumper said, "see ya later John". And it stuck with him ever since.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I figured it would either be toilet or pros ute related. You're definitely the go-to when it comes to background on nicknames.

And track, blues and HBCU schools.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Translation...talk to me about dem blues

Cheetoh "John" Mills got his start singing during lunch in the penitentiary. He was convicted of killing his mom's husband but John always claimed he was innocent.
    He protested by not eating his slop but instead would stand on a table and belt out blues songs he wrote himself. He was shot by a guard in his second day in the pen.
    No recordings exist of this legend.
    Always get a kick out of know nothings in with a know it all. How they act is funny.

My home library is full of books on the black experience, yep, from Africa to Mississippi to Chicago. Them old blues coupled with the trials and tribulations of blacks in a white world, very interesting.

Big Ben Stevenson played football for Tuskegee Ins ute, his size speed (9.8) combo rare for his era. Why not Google this legend, actually learn something.

Howard Drew was the fav to win the 1916 Olympics, but an injury ruined that, it would have been the first black 100m Oly gold medalist. He was the first "Worlds Fastest Human" and the first black to hold a sprint WR at 9.6. Google this all time great, learn something.

Freezone recorded but one song...Indian Squaw Blues....in 1928, nobody knows his real name or how he was recorded and only one song..? A blues mystery.

The books of Richard Wright, Raph Ellison, James Baldwin a must read. The music of Blind Lemon Jefferson, Ma Rainey, Robert Johnson, Gus Cannon Jug Band, a must listen. The sprinting of Bullet Bob Hayes, Tommie Smith and the runs of Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders a must see (youtube).\

You really do need to get out of under trying to be funny and actually learn things, being a know nothing clown, not a good look.

, let me help ya get started.

https://www.cfbhall.com/about/blog/t...ben-stevenson/
    Last edited by Avante; 05-08-2018 at 02:17 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Always get a kick out of know nothings in with a know it all. How they act is funny.

My home library is full of books on the black experience, yep, from Africa to Mississippi to Chicago. Them old blues coupled with the trials and tribulations of blacks in a white world, very interesting.

Big Ben Stevenson played football for Tuskegee Ins ute, his size speed (9.8) combo rare for his era. Why not Google this legend, actually learn something.

Howard Drew was the fav to win the 1916 Olympics, but an injury ruined that, it would have been the first black 100m Oly gold medalist. He was the first "Worlds Fastest Human" and the first black to hold a sprint WR at 9.6. Google this all time great, learn something.

Freezone recorded but one song...Indian Squaw Blues....in 1928, nobody knows his real name or how he was recorded and only one song..? A blues mystery.

The books of Richard Wright, Raph Ellison, James Baldwin a must read. The music of Blind Lemon Jefferson, Ma Rainey, Robert Johnson, Gus Cannon Jug Band, a must listen. The sprinting of Bullet Bob Hayes, Tommie Smith and the runs of Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders a must see (youtube).\

You really do need to get out of under trying to be funny and actually learn things, being a know nothing clown, not a good look.

, let me help ya get started.
    Why don't you tell me how Pee Pee the Kidnapper got his name? It's the holy grail of trivia.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Kidnappings are unheard of on the island where Peanut lives. Kidnapping of children by children is an impossibility – until Peanut’s friend becomes a victim of such a das ly plot. But Peanut is not about to let her friend come to any harm and the tiny heroine springs into action to save her best friend.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why don't you tell me how Pee Pee the Kidnapper got his name? It's the holy grail of trivia.
    Dude, you try way too hard at...see see see me everyone I funny huh? Why?

Here ya have a guy who could teach you/everyone a ton and all I see is a bunch dumbasses acting stupid. I'd be taking notes, expanding my knowledge.

Peanut the Kidnapper is a tiny/minor footnote in them blues. He made...0...impact. But since you are intriqued by the cat why don't you do some research like I do. Where was he from, when did he record? How did he get that name?

Dude, why is it you never do anything other than...I.M AN EXPERT...but ya NEVER EVER look like one.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Kidnappings are unheard of on the island where Peanut lives. Kidnapping of children by children is an impossibility – until Peanut’s friend becomes a victim of such a das ly plot. But Peanut is not about to let her friend come to any harm and the tiny heroine springs into action to save her best friend.
    You're re ed.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dude, you try way too hard at...see see see me everyone I funny huh? Why?

Here ya have a guy who could teach you/everyone a ton and all I see is a bunch dumbasses acting stupid. I'd be taking notes, expanding my knowledge.

Peanut the Kidnapper is a tiny/minor footnote in them blues. He made...0...impact. But since you are intriqued by the cat why don't you do some research like I do. Where was he from, when did he record? How did he get that name?

Dude, why is it you never do anything other than...I.M AN EXPERT...but ya NEVER EVER look like one.
    Seriously...why don't we know more about Peanut the Kidnapper? How did he get his nickname?
    Do you know? Expert?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lighten up old timer. I was actually doing something I never do...Googling. To see if there were any leads on how Peanut the Kidnapper got his name.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Seriously...why don't we know more about Peanut the Kidnapper? How did he get his nickname?
    Do you know? Expert?
    We do know about the cat, YOU don;t know.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    We do know about the cat, YOU don;t know.
    so tell me how he got his nickname

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    so tell me how he got his nickname
    His real name was James Sherrill. He had a bulldog named Peanut. His neighbor who lived about a mile down an Alabama dirt road stold Peanut. When James found this out he was pissed but a bit relieved because he thought Peanut was dead. So he goes to get Peanut back, the neighbor swore Peanut had kiiled his prize rooster so he wanted 20 dollars for damages. And if he didn't get it he's keeping peanut, a kidnapping....sorta. Well James pays the ransom and gets Peanut back.

When James went to Birmingham to record he told the story, one of the cats doing the recording came up with Peanut The Kidnapper. James hated it. Birmingham big on nicknames....

Bullet Williams
    Jaybird Coleman
    Boweavil Jackson
    Barefoot Bill

...etc
    Last edited by Avante; 05-08-2018 at 02:52 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    His real name was James Sherrill. He had a bulldog named Peanut. His neighbor who lived about a mile down an Alabama dirt road stold Peanut. When James found this out he was pissed but a bit relieved because he thought Peanut was dead. So he goes to get Peanut back, the neighbor swore Peanut had kiiled his prize rooster so he wanted 20 dollars for damages. And if he didn't get it he's keeping peanut, a kidnapping....sorta. Well James pays the ransom and gets Peanut back.

When JAmes went to Birmingham to record he told the story, one of the cats doing the recording came up with Peanut The Kidnapper. James hated it.
    Makes sense. Thanks.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Thanks.
    Dude, 100% bull , ok? Just playing your stupid crap.

Nobody has a clue why he called himself Peanut the Kidnapper.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I can't talk...

soccer
    baseball
    lacrosse
    golf
    romance novels
    opera
    ballet
    auto mechanics/cars

(other than the obvious Babe Ruth, Pele etc)

Yep, no interest.

What I am interested in...

football
    blues
    music in general
    sci fi/heroic fantasy literature
    the rasslin'
    track and field

...I have covered 100%.

Love how people act over my knowledge, ing funny.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-08-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Lighten up old timer. I was actually doing something I never do...Googling. To see if there were any leads on how Peanut the Kidnapper got his name.
    Dude, being that....old timer.....why do you fight the knowledge like ya do? Born in 1949, don't you think I might have picked up on a few things since then?

And, I am a need to know everything about my interests, so I do the homework. Why not learn things instead of actiing like a little jerk over it?

Saw all white SEC/SWC football. Saw Cassius Clay box. A no The Beatles, musical world. A no Dallas Cowboys NFL.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Bump. Gonna see some wins this year, boys. That's right- wins. Like, plural.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    6-10 wouldn't shock me.

And....by 2020 a wild card berth....a legit possibility.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    No thanks to Mayfield. He's been pretty underwhelming in camp.

But that's the browns way huh

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    No thanks to Mayfield. He's been pretty underwhelming in camp.

But that's the browns way huh
    It's always good to hear from a neutral observer.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I just need the Browns to keep getting fleeced by Belichick on trades until Brady retires. After that I’ll root for their success. The Raiders were our fleecing pipeline until they figured out what was happening.

Thread Information