Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    While the Browns had their day way back when with Otto Graham and a little later with Jim Brown they have never been in a Superbowl. For he last 50 years or so they have pretty much sucked.

Back in the day they had a tailback named Bobby Mitc who was a great running back, a sprint/hurdle champion out of the Big10. He was the perfect fit for big Jim Brown, the first geat thunder & lightnin' duo. They traded Bobby Mitc to make room for Heisman winner Ernie Davis. Mitc was a better back than Davis. (Davis died of Lukemia, he never played in the NFL). Mitc ended up at Washington and became a HOF receiver.

Anyway....

Now they are acting stupid once again, you do not draft Johnny Manzeil to be a back up. He is the last guy you want sitting the bench, he will not accept that role and it is going to cause problems. He is a leader, he is not a bench sitter. THEN, to have a stupid owner tell the guy to be cool and accept a back up role, are you kidding me? Why in the did you draft him?
    Last edited by Avante; 05-13-2014 at 05:51 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he's going to start... they just don't want him talking/walking around like god's gift to the planet.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    he's going to start... they just don't want him talking/walking around like god's gift to the planet.
    He just might start but you don't play silly games over it, he was told he's the back up. You draft a guy like him to be your starter and he knows that. You also don't draft a guy with his personaity and then try to change him, that only comes with maturity.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    He just might start but you don't play silly games over it, he was told he's the back up. You draft a guy like him to be your starter and he knows that. You also don't draft a guy with his personaity and then try to change him, that only comes with maturity.
    they told him he'd have to beat out Hoyer, which he probably could and will. they just didn't declare him starter yet. the previous starter is starter by default at the moment. i wouldn't make too much of it

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Non-issue. If Manziel is the best QB on the roster he will play sooner or later. Everything else is commentary.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't mind them making Manziel "earn" the starting spot. The compe ion will be better off for him. He had to do the same thing his freshman year at A&M. Showers had been the projected starter and Manziel finally won the job.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I hope he does well, but the fact of the matter is that he is an arrogant that is likely going to get abused by defenses at the NFL level.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Speaking of Cleveland, keep an eye on running back Terrence West out of Towson (Dave Meggett) he's a stud.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    you do not draft Johnny Manzeil to be a back up... He is a leader, he is not a bench sitter.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dummy, when has JM sat on a bench? Yep, ya bring him in to start or not at all.

Dummy, tell us again about how the Eagles can;'t win with Nick Foles, ing moron.

Post Count
    Still defending that take after Manziel was PROVEN to be the biggest bust QB in NFL history

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Still defending that take after Manziel was PROVEN to be the biggest bust QB in NFL history
    Dude, the Eagles can win with Nick Foles so you were 100% wrong, AGAIN~~~~~~~~~~

Stupid, did Manziel ever sit on a bench, well? He was brought in to start not sit on a bench.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    man, if only cleveland didnt trade for osweiler (and a free draft pick) they woulda totally been contenders last year! amirite monosylab1k

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not even close. He was picked late in the first round, where most actual NFL experts expected (and many had him falling into the second behind Carr and Bridgewater). The non-sports media sure hyped him up, but real sports experts knew he was just okay.

A real bust would be Ryan Leaf and RG3, and the jury is still out on Luck, Winston and Mariota among others.

Post Count
    Not even close. He was picked late in the first round, where most actual NFL experts expected (and many had him falling into the second behind Carr and Bridgewater). The non-sports media sure hyped him up, but real sports experts knew he was just okay.

A real bust would be Ryan Leaf and RG3, and the jury is still out on Luck, Winston and Mariota among others.
    As bad as Ryan Leaf was, he played for three seasons. Johnny Inbred was out of the league after 8 starts

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    As bad as Ryan Leaf was, he played for three seasons. Johnny Inbred was out of the league after 8 starts
    Wrong as usual.

The biggest bust ever.

During the tenure of former player Matt Millen as President and CEO of the Detroit Lions in the 2000s, there were many bad drafts. But one that sticks out in most peoples’ minds occurred in 2003, when the team picked Michigan State wide receiver Charles Rogers second overall.

Expectations were high after he won the Biletnikoff Award for being the country’s best WR. Sports writers even compared him to future Hall of Famers like Randy Moss. But in his first two seasons, Rogers broke his collarbone twice and only played six games. In 2005, the league suspended him following his third violation of the NFL’s drug policy. This led to his eventual outright release.

Post Count
    Charles Rogers was not a QB, dumbass. My exact words were "biggest bust QB ever."

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Charles Rogers was not a QB, dumbass. My exact words were "biggest bust QB ever."
    So used to you being 100% wrong all the time, I 'm conditioned ya understand.

Have you ever actually been right about anyone?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Imagine defenses geared to stop one guy and that guy still averaged over 5 yards a carry.

Jim Brown was 6-2 230 pounds with 4.5 speed in the 60's. Back then we still had white cornerbacks and d linemen at 240.

Only Don Hutson compares to Jim Brown when it comes to dominating an era.

From Marion Motley to Jim Brown to Leroy Kelly.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    drafting Baker and nick chubb

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Ohio State had a slim speedy RB named Paul Warfield, he was also a 26-2 long jumper who competed for the USA vs Russia. He....slithered....with ball in hand. He looked like a WR. Well as a Brown, yep....WR.

Nobody made it look as effortless as this guy, in a word....smooth. Yep, Hall of Fame.

Paul Dryden Warfield was born in Warren, Ohio. His father, Dryden Warfield, was a deacon in a Baptist church.[1] Warfield attended Warren G. Harding High School in Warren, where he was a star running back and defensive back for the Panthers. He scored 92 points as a junior in 1958,[2] a campaign highlighted by a 6–0 victory over powerhouse Massillon Washington High School.[3] The following season, as a senior he scored 93 points, including all three of his team's touchdowns in the final game of the season.[4] As a basketball player he was noted for his speed, often leading fast breaks.[5] He also ran track and field at Warren G. Harding, and was the state broad jump champion in 1957.[6] He set state records in the broad jump, 100-yard dash, and 180-yard hurdles.[7]

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How many teams had a HOF to be QB/RB/WR all there together?

The Browns did with Otto Graham/Marion Motley/Dante Levelli

Hmmmm?

Terry Bradshaw/Franco Harris/John Stallworth & Lynn Swann
    Bob Griese/Larry Csonka/Paul Warfield
    Troy Aikman/Emmitt Smith/Michael Irvin
    Jim Kelly/Thurman Thomas/Andre Reed

The Rams had a fantastic offense in the 50's with Norm Van Brocklin/Bob Waterfield at QB, Tom Fears/Crazy Legs Hirsh at WR and the first two big black power backs on the same team in Tank Younger***/Deacon Towler. Van Brocklin and both receivers in the HOF.

*** first Grambling player in pro football

My Niners had a HOF to be QB in Y.A. tle and three RB's Joe "Jet" Perry***, John Henry Johnson (big seasons a Steeler), Hugh "King" McElhenny.

*** first black to have a 1000 yard season. First player to have consecutive 1000 yard seasons. Still...the only player in NFL history to have a 1000 yard season who only played JC ball***

*** Cookie Gilchrist the first AFLer to have a 1000 yard season went straight from HS to the CFL, then the AFL.

trivia

The Browns once had an Olympic decathlon gold medal winner at RB, who?
    Last edited by Avante; 05-01-2018 at 11:19 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    drafting nick chubb

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How many teams had a HOF to be QB/RB/WR all there together?

The Browns did with Otto Graham/Marion Motley/Dante Levelli

Hmmmm?

Terry Bradshaw/Franco Harris/John Stallworth & Lynn Swann
    Bob Griese/Larry Csonka/Paul Warfield
    Troy Aikman/Emmitt Smith/Michael Irvin
    Jim Kelly/Thurman Thomas/Andre Reed

The Rams had a fantastic offense in the 50's with Norm Van Brocklin/Bob Waterfield at QB, Tom Fears/Crazy Legs Hirsh at WR and the first two big black power backs on the same team in Tank Younger***/Deacon Towler. Van Brocklin and both receivers in the HOF.

*** first Grambling player in pro football

My Niners had a HOF to be QB in Y.A. tle and three RB's Joe "Jet" Perry***, John Henry Johnson (big seasons a Steeler), Hugh "King" McElhenny.
    How can you forget Unitas, Moore, and Berry?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How can you forget Unitas, Moore, and Berry?
    I was just talking about that trio, and they had a HOF TE in John Mackey. The only team to have a HOFer at QB/RB/WR/TE all there together.

That Chargers gang of Dan Fouts, Chuxk Muncie, Kellen Winslow, Charlie Joiner, John Jefferson (then Wes Chandler) pretty special. Fouts, Winslow and Joiner in the HOF.

Another Charger gang of QB Tobin Rote, FB Keith Lincoln, RB Paul Lowe, WR Lance Alworth deserve mention. Alworth the first AFLer in the HOF.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-06-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Thread Information