My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from a spell in 2011 when as a 19 year old he played 40 games, Mike Super Trout has not had a month below .300

He's batting .140 for May with a .235 on base %.

Given his previous consistent MVP performances and ability to play thru injuries, does Super Trout have something like terminal cancer or a broken wrist?
    Or is it mental, like one of his hot girlfriends did a number on him with her feminine wiles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pitchers figured him out?
    he has to make the adjustments

I do not watch trout a lot but that is just a observation
    pitchers pitched goldsmith one way he finally took what the pitcher was giving him and got his average back up

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Probably just not being patient at the plate and trying to fill the void of Hamilton. The good thing is that the rest of the youth brigade for the Halos has been producing and up to now, Pujols was on a run like it was 2007. I think he'll settle down when they get healthy or maybe they need to put him back as leadoff.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably just an abnormality. He's a discplined hitter, and a cerebral hitter. It's just a matter of time before he rounds back into form. On the other hand, he is becoming somewhat predictable as he rarely swings at the first pitch (similar to Abreu), therefore pitchers know to throw a strike, and you're already under the gun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt pitchers have 'figured him' out, well if they have it's taken a while.

Pitchers can't figure out Jose Abreu though, that guy is just insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt pitchers have 'figured him' out, well if they have it's taken a while.
    Something is up.
    It's not just his low average, it's his alarming number of strikeouts.

He's on pace for 220 this season. Presently he is damn near 1 of 3 for striking out.

Something is up.
    If the pitchers have figured him out, well good for whoever did. But i think something else is up.
    Skosha is among, if not the worst manager in MLB for mental stuff so.....eeesh!

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    It's just baseball. Good, even great, hitters go into slumps. Sometimes they are just fighting mechanics. Maybe they have a little nagging injury. Perhaps some personal problems at home are distracting them. Maybe they're getting a little unlucky with BABIP. Or maybe, just maybe, the pitchers they are facing them are giving them their A+ stuff and it's working. But players can go for stretches throughout the long season where they just are hitting well. , good players even have bad seasons from time to time. A guy who averages 30 HR and .300 BA might have a 25 and .290 season. That's just part of the game.

And jesus you blame everything on Scioscia. Whether Scioscia is a good or bad manager is debatable. You can argue whether he should already be gone or not. But you blame everything that goes wrong on him. EVERYTHING. It's made excuse making. Trout could trip on his own shoelaces and sprain an ankle, you'd blame Scioscia. He could have a bad meal and get diarrhea, you'd blame Scioscia. The game gets rained out, you'll blame Scioscia. It's unbelievable.

Something might be wrong with Trout. It must be Scioscia's fault... smh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Walk-off 3-run homer and a brilliant play in Center? He'll be alright...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And jesus you blame everything on Scioscia. Whether Scioscia is a good or bad manager is debatable. You can argue whether he should already be gone or not. But you blame everything that goes wrong on him. EVERYTHING. It's made excuse making.
    Take a Midol. Address what i actually wrote.
    I started by saying perhaps the pitchers have figured out a hole in Trouts game. The pitchers. Not Skosha.
    I concluded by saying IF mental was a large or even medium part of it, Skosha is the worst to address it. He is.

Trout is not in a bit of a slump, he is in a huge one. As evidenced by his, -now read this without Strawmanning off- his number of strikeouts.
    A slump Trout may well pull out of and i assume will.

Gemni i saw his game ending bomb after the fact and while, yes it's a relief and hopefully he is breaking the slump, right back to the strikeouts today.

We better bookmark this so when you start ing after Trout breaks his slump....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just maybe he is overrated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not overrated, he's a 5 tool player - most likely hall of fame tbh

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Take a Midol. Address what i actually wrote.
    I started by saying perhaps the pitchers have figured out a hole in Trouts game. The pitchers. Not Skosha.
    I concluded by saying IF mental was a large or even medium part of it, Skosha is the worst to address it. He is.

Trout is not in a bit of a slump, he is in a huge one. As evidenced by his, -now read this without Strawmanning off- his number of strikeouts.
    A slump Trout may well pull out of and i assume will.
    Read your post again. You didn't say perhaps the pitchers have figured him out. You said IF they have, good for them. Then you specifically stated you think something else is up, essentially disregarding the notion that the pitchers have figured him out. And then when you suggested something else is up, you predictably went into Scioscia PMS mode.

Trout is striking out more. He's already a career 1-in-5 ABs strikeout guy. He's in a funk where it's 1 in every 3 ABs right now. But it's not like he used to be Joe DiMaggio when it came to strikeouts and all of a sudden turned into Adam Dunn.

I'm guessing nothing is wrong with Trout at all. He's fighting it a little bit. And with how well he's performed so far in his early career, opposing teams are pitching him really, really tough. It happens with virtually every baseball player ever. By the end of the season, I'm sure his numbers will be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read your post again. You didn't say perhaps the pitchers have figured him out. You said IF they have, good for them. Then you specifically stated you think something else is up, essentially disregarding the notion that the pitchers have figured him out.
    But i did say perhaps the pitchers have figured him out.
    If the pitchers have figured him out, well good for whoever did. But i think something else is up.
    True, i don't think the pitchers have. But i acknowledge perhaps they have. In other words it's possible I'm wrong. Stunning to some Spurstalk viewers yes, while at the same time i suggest it's perhaps mental.

JamStone
    Trout is striking out more. He's already a career 1-in-5 ABs strikeout guy. He's in a funk where it's 1 in every 3 ABs right now. But it's not like he used to be Joe DiMaggio when it came to strikeouts and all of a sudden turned into Adam Dunn.
    Isn't 1 in 5 already pretty high? Where does that stack up with other players?
    Granted with all else Trout did the past two years anyone will gladly take his 1 in 5 strikeouts.

My point is isn't one in 5 already kind of high, and isn't one in three an incredibly high strikeout ratio? Even for a sample size like all of May (so far)?
    He got a few hits last night, but even then the last one was of the funky variety, it being a high bouncer that the 3rd basemen caught cleanlly, but it chopped so high that with Trouts speed he beat it out for an infield single.

He was out of the lineup tonight.
    Update Per BSPN:
    ...sore left hamstring, but was available to pinch-hit if necessary. He expects to be back in the lineup Friday night for the start of a three-game series with Kansas City.
    Last edited by Fabbs; 05-22-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a lazy is what happened. You can't be lazy if you wanna stay on top. just got comfortable. Nice try blaming the coach like a little league mom though you ing Troutbreath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Trout set to have back tests

Coming off his worst month (.263) since he became fulltime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trouty Trout picking it up, near .300 for June.
    Especially in the consistency dept with a hit in 9 straight games.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hope the rainout didn't steal his mojo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could have, he may have met a Cleveland vixen and been affected.

Nope, instead with the game on the line it's Skosha to the rescue. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again.
    Bedrosian rookie with 14.23 ERA.
    Ferari yet again with the game on the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .217 for August, on pace for by far his most suck ass month for batting average.
    This coming after a .265 July.
    Otherwise, he is producing yet another MVP year.

Is Trouty Trout, like Miggy Cabrera playing thru an injury?

Thread Information