Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does it always end up with Marco on the other teams best player. Seriously... When I see Marco on Bron, I know something bad will happen yet there he is.
    Why does he stand there with Allen in the corner???????????

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's negative impact player. Always has been. He'll give you a couple threes but his awful defense and inability to do anything with the ball beside shoot means he's giving up lots of points when he's on the court. Horrible signing. Thankfully, the Spurs are deep enough that they don't need Belinelli. Just got to make sure his dumb ass is glued to the bench and SA will be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please dont play him again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best excuse I can think of is that it gives the opposing player the green light to shoot, and when that happens - the role players get less shots. Spurs make a living off letting stars get their own while containing the other guys, so I could see why Pop wouldn't want to risk Marco on a good shooter.

Not saying I agree with it, just trying to think of what goes on in Pop's head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If hes not gonna shoot it, why tf is he in there? Tired of his pump fake and drive into nothingness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He came out aggressive in the 1st half, I liked it... he faded later on..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's negative impact player. Always has been. He'll give you a couple threes but his awful defense and inability to do anything with the ball beside shoot means he's giving up lots of points when he's on the court. Horrible signing. Thankfully, the Spurs are deep enough that they don't need Belinelli. Just got to make sure his dumb ass is glued to the bench and SA will be fine.
    In the regular season, Marco complimented the system perfectly. Gave the Spurs another ball handler with Manu-esque playmaking. Just look up his passing highlights on Youtube.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast he elbowed allens nose during the game.. That is good enough for me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He always ends up with a mismatch because the other team sets a pick and the Spurs are forced to switch. It's not like the Spurs WANT Marco guarding guys like Durant or LeBron. It happens, teams force mismatches. The Spurs, and Marco just have to do the best they can to avoid that from happening or helping when necessary..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the regular season, Marco complimented the system perfectly. Gave the Spurs another ball handler with Manu-esque playmaking. Just look up his passing highlights on Youtube.
    Hedo looked good in the regular season too back in 2004. Then the playoffs rolled along...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs, and Marco just have to do the best they can to avoid that from happening or helping when necessary..
    Best way to avoid it is to just not play Marco in the first place. He's been terrible all playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best way to avoid it is to just not play Marco in the first place. He's been terrible all playoffs.
    Of course that would be everyone's preference but Pop was forced to go to him when Kawhi picked up 2 quick fouls in the 1st qtr. The majority of his playing time was to avoid Kawhi picking up a 3rd foul at the end of the first half and a 4th foul in the 3rd qtr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If hes not gonna shoot it, why tf is he in there? Tired of his pump fake and drive into nothingness.
    A little sumptin-sumptin he picked up from Matt Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    him and boris were killing me tonight with that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opposing coaches game-plan, too, not just Pop..

It isn't an accident that opposing teams pick on Belinelli's defense, it's by design..he's one of the most clueless defenders I have ever seen in a Spurs uniform..

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast he elbowed allens nose during the game.. That is good enough for me...
    True true.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We always seem to have one guard/small forward on the roster who is just a waste of space. They typically suck on D, disrupt rhythm on offense, and cannot setup their own shot, but make just enough 3s that we can't help but hang on. And by "we" I mean Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No no no! God no. no no no no!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best excuse I can think of is that it gives the opposing player the green light to shoot, and when that happens - the role players get less shots. Spurs make a living off letting stars get their own while containing the other guys, so I could see why Pop wouldn't want to risk Marco on a good shooter.

Not saying I agree with it, just trying to think of what goes on in Pop's head.
    Why sacrifice a rook when you can sacrifice a pawn. LeBron will score on just about anyone, and often draw a foul. Doesn't matter who he scores on, but it sure matters who picks up the foul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his 1 on 1 defense isn't THAT bad when matched up on guys who aren't All-Stars... but it doesn't matter what defense he plays because everyone just makes shots against him. Doesn't matter how contested

His team defense, transition defense and ability to fight through screens and stay with guys running routes is some of the worst I've ever seen on the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot play him unless the other team has a no scoring backcourt at the same time on the floor.
    The guy is literally unable to defend anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Marco was pretty good. Yeah he can't fight through screens, but he's going to make in difference in this series I believe. He played well with Chicago against the heat last year, and he has no fear against this team. People too much about his mediocre D. It's better than Gary f'ing Neal's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire team was playing poorly for 3 quarters, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Marco was pretty good. Yeah he can't fight through screens, but he's going to make in difference in this series I believe. He played well with Chicago against the heat last year, and he has no fear against this team. People too much about his mediocre D. It's better than Gary f'ing Neal's.
    kill yourself, seriously. He was -11 in 18 freaking minutes while Diaw was +30 and they are both bench players, this is impossible to justify no matter how hard you try and what is worse, is that Allen and others missed a boatload of open threes all gently allowed by Marco.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco was in there because Kawhi was in foul trouble. So, relax. Don't expect to see him playing much unless someone is in foul trouble.

Thread Information