Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani
    Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza vs. Gegard Mousasi rematch booked for UFC 176 -- sbn.to/U9Xhp8

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    Post Count
    Love the Jacare-Moose fight.. I'm going with Gegard in a close decision.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    Post Count
    Would have loved to see Rockhold against Mousasi though.. wonder shoe Luke will get next.. maybe Kennedy or Vitor.

Post Count
    Real cute. Aldo out with injury.

Post Count
    Aldo has pulled out of quite a few fights.. This card may be in danger of getting pushed back..

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    Post Count
    Do not know a single fighter on the card. Too many fights too often. UFC in decline

Post Count
    Do not know a single fighter on the card. Too many fights too often. UFC in decline
    Expanding roster and more weight classes has watered down the events.. I do miss what the UFC was 4 or 5 years ago.. Dana seems to think the UFC is more exciting than ever.. IMO he's wrong because there is no longer any build up for major events.. The only one's I get excited about now are when my favorite fighters fight but they are now fighting on watered down cards..

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    Post Count
    Expanding roster and more weight classes has watered down the events.. I do miss what the UFC was 4 or 5 years ago.. Dana seems to think the UFC is more exciting than ever.. IMO he's wrong because there is no longer any build up for major events.. The only one's I get excited about now are when my favorite fighters fight but they are now fighting on watered down cards..
    Agreed completely. I think if you are a die hard MMA guy and it's your life, then there is no better time for the sport. But for everyone else it just lacks excitement like you said. The Ultimate Fighter seasons have progressively gotten worse. Dana's treatment of fighters and running guys off has also backfired.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Card is history per the UFC.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    one bout out and the whole card collapse, that's how shallow are these events now

Post Count
    one bout out and the whole card collapse, that's how shallow are these events now
    Yep and last time Dana used Jones as his scapegoat to cover up a dog card.. This time it has been basically quietly cancelled/postponed.. UFC taking no accountability..

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/10...silver-linings

UFC 126 had the whole galaxy of stars competing on it. Demetrious Johnson, Chad Mendes and Donald Cerrone all fought on the card…and those folks were on the prelims. Then there was Jake Ellenberger, Jon Jones, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort and the man who punted his head into the fifth row, Anderson Silva, the single greatest mixed martial artist in that era (and all eras that stood before it).

That’s how deep and luscious the cards were back in those days, just running over with stars, champions, future champions, contenders, global brands, icons and Old West gunslingers.

Thread Information