Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, til you give away your notebook in a foreign country and run screaming down the street...

You don't know what your talking about. Laptop was stolen....I did run for a while, but never screaming. Did I piss in your cheerios or something, you always bring this same thing up with me...

Yes xmas. I was not in a good mood the day I chewed your ass about troll fighting escapades. But I am THE bigzak of spurstalk.

Out of the World
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigzak nailed it. Spurs talk is where it's at.

Till the wheels fall off... Or in my case probably till Duncan and Manu retire.

Pounding the rock has nice articles but I like the occasional insight I get here as this is where most Spurs fans congregate.

Didn't know TDMVPDPOY was banned... He wasn't no worse than the trolls we have today and had some good posts too. But perhaps he didn't heed the mod's warnings.

Hey Bruce... Lebron is the Rock Sec24Row7's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This forum is trash now. Too many idiots and no spurs discussion...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't know what your talking about. Laptop was stolen....I did run for a while, but never screaming. Did I piss in your cheerios or something, you always bring this same thing up with me...

Yes xmas. I was not in a good mood the day I chewed your ass about troll fighting escapades. But I am THE bigzak of spurstalk.
    BH still hears about his 'Nsync meltdown. Why should you be any different?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not the same anymore, but I think it's a combination of things. First there are idiots who ate constantly posting dumb pointless threads. Second, I think the Spurs not winning a championship recently has killed some of the joy of posting here on Spurstalk.com. Lastly, I think the fact that it's not as monitored or whatever has let this place get outta hand a bit. However, I still visit this place because I'm a Spurs fan and this place is still my choice to get info on what's going on with the Spurs.

It was great reading stuff from guys like Bigzak, Manny, AFBlue, Exstatic, and even T-Park (who I can't stand). Reminded me of the good old days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are people, new and old, who troll and flame all day. There should be a limit of 5 posts per day. That way people would hopefully focus on quality over quan y.

O

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call 2cents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the cares?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand this.

Start a thread discussing how the Spurs ball movement happens, don't just say "they have to move the ball to win". Talk about why LeBron is shooting such a high % against Kawhi instead of saying "he has to defend LeBron better". Start a thread about the 5 best Spurs championship role players with some stats and anecdotes not just "Tim is Top 10 GOAT"..

If you make a good thread, it doesn't get trolled, it gets discussed. Lots of really knowledgeable Basketball heads here that will pop up out of nowhere if you actually provide something.

But no, by all means whinge away about the state of the forum whilst sitting on the couch crying because the Spurs won a game and Miami got the ESPN headline. smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some light reading for you ranging from how to defend LeBron, homegrown analysis of the Spurs defense, an opposition supporting saluting Patty Mills, a great article by the best NBA writer about Kawhi etc.. but by all means, whinge and don't contribute.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235058

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234926

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235035

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235082

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234518

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone who has been here from the beginning...

This forum has always been what you make of it......hate the racist threads? Call them on it...
    hate the stupid threads? let them die...
    hate the trolls...ignore them...

In truth, a completely un-moderated board probably not a good idea, but this is still the largest Spurs forum on the internet....the better posters just need to work together and become the new TIMVP and Bruno of ST...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone who has been here from the beginning...

This forum has always been what you make of it......hate the racist threads? Call them on it...
    hate the stupid threads? let them die...
    hate the trolls...ignore them...

In truth, a completely un-moderated board probably not a good idea, but this is still the largest Spurs forum on the internet....the better posters just need to work together and become the new TIMVP and Bruno of ST...
    This is the main difference from how it used to be. Kori and LJ used to do a good job of calling people out for carrying on in the Spurs forum. The nonsense was mostly limited to the other forums. It rarely rose to the level of banning, because there was a general level of respect towards them. Any threads that crossed the line were closed.

That being said, I think people have somewhat selective memory when it comes to ST. It's true that there was better basketball talk back in the day, but that had a lot to do with Kori and timvp creating those discussions. They were a big part of that and it's hard to fill that hole.

On the other hand, SThas always been inundated with trolls and people getting bashed. It was the anti-SpursReport. The trolling has changed because different people are doing the trolling, but it's not like there are more trolls now than there used to be.

It's interesting to see TPark come in here and wax nostalgic about the quality takes of yesteryear. That's the same dude who built a reputation of going from thread to thread berating people he didnt agree with and/or telling them to drink Drano, die in a fire or step in front of a moving vehicle. It's also interesting to see TheWriter/Buddy Holly act like he actually contributes to basketball discussion. Guy spends his time patrolling the Spurs forum for any posts that portray San Antonio in a negative light. If someone makes a troll comment about Spurs fans being Mexican, or clowns on SA for being a rundown city, TheWriter will pop out from behind a bush and defend the honor of San Antonio. This whole thread was started in response to a troll thread about Holt moving the Spurs because SA has too many Mexicans. that's how sensitive this guy is. He's also the guy who got run out of the Spurs forum for plagiarising stuff from Slomo.
    Last edited by jag; 06-12-2014 at 06:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUSTED

Holy crap, I can't explain in words how classic this thread is. Buddy Holly aka ACP aka TimManuParker akaTheWriter just got busted worse than worse than any human ever. Not only did he try to steal Slomo's pics, he's still lying in that thread about it. On top of that, he got caught having 1000 posts in an n'sync forum.

Kori doesn't even have to ban him. He'll never show his face here again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The forum is stronger than ever. Change can be a good thing in forum-land. So-called "established posters" are typically more about circle-jerks and follow the leader. Who needs 'em?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So one of the worst posters in ST history is complaining about the quality of board?

In addition to a long record of crappy takes on a mul ude of topics, he clearly lacks a sense of irony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the main difference from how it used to be. Kori and LJ used to do a good job of calling people out for carrying on in the Spurs forum. The nonsense was mostly limited to the other forums. It rarely rose to the level of banning, because there was a general level of respect towards them. Any threads that crossed the line were closed.

That being said, I think people have somewhat selective memory when it comes to ST. It's true that there was better basketball talk back in the day, but that had a lot to do with Kori and timvp creating those discussions. They were a big part of that and it's hard to fill that hole.

On the other hand, SThas always been inundated with trolls and people getting bashed. It was the anti-SpursReport. The trolling has changed because different people are doing the trolling, but it's not like there are more trolls now than there used to be.

It's interesting to see TPark come in here and wax nostalgic about the quality takes of yesteryear. That's the same dude who built a reputation of going from thread to thread berating people he didnt agree with and/or telling them to drink Drano, die in a fire or step in front of a moving vehicle. It's also interesting to see TheWriter/Buddy Holly act like he actually contributes to basketball discussion. Guy spends his time patrolling the Spurs forum for any posts that portray San Antonio in a negative light. If someone makes a troll comment about Spurs fans being Mexican, or clowns on SA for being a rundown city, TheWriter will pop out from behind a bush and defend the honor of San Antonio. This whole thread was started in response to a troll thread about Holt moving the Spurs because SA has too many Mexicans. that's how sensitive this guy is. He's also the guy who got run out of the Spurs forum for plagiarising stuff from Slomo.
    That's a bait job but whatever, i'll bite. Great job deflecting what was said. What does my past or ERic's past or anyone's past have to do with how ty this forum is today in comparison.

Your points were valued, Kori nd LJ were very valuable but they weren't the reason the quality was better, because there were served people who brought quality to.this forum back.then. It was their presence as owners/moderators that created the respect you talked about and not to mention, any nonsense was quick to be put out before it got too out of control.

Now, that presence isn't there, the respect is gone, the quick reaction is gone and new posters are taking advantage of that. It'd you want to.pretend.like the quality of this forum hasn't suffered greatly in the last 4-5 years, you're blind.
    Enough ST vets have already posted in this thread that the site has gotten worse. It's not something I made up for shots and giggles.

Also, the thread you think set this into motion, wasn't even the reason I wrote my rant. If you think I'm as "sensitive" as I was 8 or 10 years ago, well then, let's be real because I'd have gone off a long time ago because this wasn't the first time that type of stuff has been posted here. That was like the third time this year.

Since you obviously have a lot of time on your hands and you like to search ST's history. You can search my comment history and see I've felt this way for a while.

It was never a single thread or a single comment that set me off, but an ac ulation of months and months of sop ric and juvenile threads filled with phobic, racist, moronic trolling that was commonly found in The Club, The Troll section and then eventually in the NBA section has now taken it precedence like never before in the Spurs section.

You may be find with a serious spurs thread spiraling into an abyss on an almost regular basis, but I'm not and use states my grievance.

The best you had was to dredge up my past. Like that was supposed to sting and shut me up. I'd curl up in a corner somewhere.

Nope. Spurstalk was a really good, really fun site for Spurs fans. It no longer is. You may find solace here, I and many others don't.

Funny enough, you bringing up the past in an attempt to "shame" me and discredit what I said is exactly what I'd have expected from you... 8 years ago. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we just blamed all of the GNSFs for this ?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUSTED

Holy crap, I can't explain in words how classic this thread is. Buddy Holly aka ACP aka TimManuParker akaTheWriter just got busted worse than worse than any human ever. Not only did he try to steal Slomo's pics, he's still lying in that thread about it. On top of that, he got caught having 1000 posts in an n'sync forum.

Kori doesn't even have to ban him. He'll never show his face here again.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good to hear from you again. I didn't take it personally. And as you probably know I was referring to these new breed of unfunny, immature, uncreative, ignorant trolls that have infested this whole site in the last few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is The Writer again?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is The Writer again?
    Just another two bit troll who thinks he's funny and rarely if ever understands sarcasm.

But he serves a purpose in what he does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just another two bit troll who thinks he's funny and rarely if ever understands sarcasm.

But he serves a purpose in what he does.
    Does he need a Lap Dance?

I can do it to n'sync if he wants.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he need a Lap Dance?

I can do it to n'sync if he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This site could be a lot better but the owners are busy....doing whatever they're doing. I never understood why they invested so much money and energy into this, only to let it die a slow death, but to each their own.

Can't totally agree with the OP, that asshole once started with me for no reason, so he's just as guilty for making this place a hole as anyone else. There are some good posters that aren't around anymore unfortunately, but he's not one of them.

i have op blocked because of some stupid posts from the raiders thread.

Thread Information