Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, but what happens when not everyone makes the cut? How can you decide who will be qualified to become a doctor beforehand?
    how about making the grades in college and professional school, just like now?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    how about making the grades in college and professional school, just like now?
    LOL...

Can you see the future as to if they are going to "make the grade" before they are given the money?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

Can you see the future as to if they are going to "make the grade" before they are given the money?
    If they don't make the grade and don't work for/quit the govt, then they are saddled with the loan, just like any other student.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    If they don't make the grade and don't work for/quit the govt, then they are saddled with the loan, just like any other student.
    Ok, so you are going to limit loans to the number of projected jobs available, right?

Limit choices.

Limit compe iveness.

Lowering the compe ive bar also lowers expectation and excellence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so you are going to limit loans to the number of projected jobs available, right?

Limit choices.

Limit compe iveness.

Lowering the compe ive bar also lowers expectation and excellence.
    wow, you are ing stupid

I said nothing about "limiting loans"

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    wow, you are ing stupid

Ok, then what?

You make 20,000 loans for 10,000 jobs. 2,000 don't cut the mus . What do you do with the 8,000 who don't have jobs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would the govt make 20K loans to fill 10K jobs? damn, you're stupid.

The prize of getting a free university + professional school diploma and a secure govt job for 20 years should be as compe ive as getting into an the best state/private universities. The assholes can go into the military.

As we say in the Ivy League, "if you're good enough to get in, you're good enough to stay in" iow, a very tough, compe ive selection process guarantees near 100% success rate.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As usual WC is out of his element.

UAS! UAS! UAS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    common sense is usually neither
    So you want a correlative chart only to that correlation does not mean causation?

Amirite?

I guess you want proof that making loans more affordable wont add to demand? If so, you'd be an an illogical ass to ask for such a thing, since making loans guaranteed is designed by the govt to specifically increase enrollment in colleges.

And i guess if your endless consumption of that useless rag ironically named "The Economist" didn't teach you about rise in demands effects on prices, then I nor a hair brained Wild Cobra should entertain your ignorance.

tl;dr ..Go ing read an economics book.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    why would the govt make 20K loans to fill 10K jobs? damn, you're stupid.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm running up my student loans and then skipping overseas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you want a correlative chart only to that correlation does not mean causation?

Amirite?

I guess you want proof that making loans more affordable wont add to demand? If so, you'd be an an illogical ass to ask for such a thing, since making loans guaranteed is designed by the govt to specifically increase enrollment in colleges.

And i guess if your endless consumption of that useless rag ironically named "The Economist" didn't teach you about rise in demands effects on prices, then I nor a hair brained Wild Cobra should entertain your ignorance.

tl;dr ..Go ing read an economics book.
    The Bennet hypothesis has neither been proven or rejected and to pretend like supply and demand of gaarunteed loans are the only influences is pretty simpleminded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bennet hypothesis has neither been proven or rejected and to pretend like supply and demand of gaarunteed loans are the only influences is pretty simpleminded.
    what's simpleminded is creating a strawman. I didn't make such assertion but was responding to a question denying that guaranteed loans don't influence the price of tuition.

RIF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's simpleminded is creating a strawman. I didn't make such assertion but was responding to a question denying that guaranteed loans don't influence the price of tuition.

RIF
    You're right. You didn't really say anything. Why bother responding? The reality is the Bennet hypothesis has not been proven so it was perfectly reasonable for WH to respond to WC by asking him to prove his assertion.

You added no value. Just emotion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody that thinks that guaranteed loans don't influence tuition is ing stupid. Even worse is the huge amount of dollars that "education" mills like ITT Tech suck out of dumb asses that think borrowing $30,000 easy money for a 2 year "associates degree" in "computers" is gonna get them a real job just because they like to play video games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody that thinks that guaranteed loans don't influence tuition is ing stupid. Even worse is the huge amount of dollars that "education" mills like ITT Tech suck out of dumb asses that think borrowing $30,000 easy money for a 2 year "associates degree" in "computers" is gonna get them a real job just because they like to play video games.
    Solid fact based analysis from CC as always....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid bull from the Pusher as always.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid bull from the Pusher as always.
    No bull . Bennet floated the hypothesis 30 years ago and it been neither proven nor disproven. Just the facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How old are you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. You support these for profit "education" ins utions that rip off the student loan system and then leave their "graduates" two years later floundering around unemployed with a worthless degree?

Are you an ITT grad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same goes for the "legitimate" universities that funnel kids through in worthless degree plans. $120K for a "humanities" degree? Give me a ing break. Thats just an example. Those "easy" degree plan lets you party your ass off for 4 years while the university rakes in the cash and you graduate with zero job opportunities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. You support these for profit "education" ins utions that rip off the student loan system and then leave their "graduates" two years later floundering around unemployed with a worthless degree?

Are you an ITT grad?
    No. I think those are bull and should be regulated out of existence.

You and WC both claimed, for all intents and purposes, that the well established Bennet hypothesis has been verified and is basically irrefutable. I was simply pointing out that that is incorrect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got a niece that is damn near thirty that she and her boyfriend have been living off student loans for YEARS and she still hasn't graduated with . I'm talking for paying for housing, food, motorcycles, etc. with student loans. The whole game is to pass enough courses to qualify for more loans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got a niece that is damn near thirty that she and her boyfriend have been living off student loans for YEARS and she still hasn't graduated with . I'm talking for paying for housing, food, motorcycles, etc. with student loans. The whole game is to pass enough courses to qualify for more loans.
    Your niece and her boyfriend sound like deadbeats.

Thread Information